People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't even need to figure out how to block anything at all (Programs do that for you, by the way). He just needed Dugard to believe it. Remember in the Fritzl case, Josef told Elisabeth that if she tried to escape she would trigger a device that would gas or electrocute her and the children. There was no such device, but she believed it.

Reconciling receiving gifts and celebrating Christmas with the religious beliefs PG must have instilled in them may be difficult. I'm sure he crammed his form of religion down their throats and imagine it was a large part of their life. Living with PG and probably both Nancy and Patricia's fanaticism, in his sick form especially, would have been a terror in itself. I want to believe that everything is wonderful and their life is like it's portrayed in the current media, but I can't pretend to. I think the holidays are going to be very difficult and hopefully the judge will be sympathetic enough to postpone everything until they're over.
BBM. Yes, but Holiday gifts can be secular, even if they're wrapped in Christmas paper. Don't forget that other religions also have celebrations in the winter season... Personal example: I am Jewish, my husband is not. I'm the one who wants to get a Christmas tree, because for 20 years as a Jew I was deprived of one. I love the smell of a live tree and the fun of decorating it. My decorations are secular and we don't attend church or Mass on Christmas, but we do exchange presents and have dinner with his family. We also celebrate Hanukkah complete with presents.

BBM. Yes, but Holiday gifts can be secular, even if they're wrapped in Christmas paper. Don't forget that other religions also have celebrations in the winter season... Personal example: I am Jewish, my husband is not. I'm the one who wants to get a Christmas tree, because for 20 years as a Jew I was deprived of one. I love the smell of a live tree and the fun of decorating it. My decorations are secular and we don't attend church or Mass on Christmas, but we do exchange presents and have dinner with his family. We also celebrate Hanukkah complete with presents.

That's cool, LinasK! . I just wonder what guilt he laid on them to justify what "God" wanted for them. Hopefully they're young enough that all the cool new stuff and the immense amount of love in the home will outweigh those fears.

i guess if i go to the patriots game in london next week i can bring you all back copies lol

Dude! You're going to the game in London? Lucky! :dance: (I'm from RI, so I'm a rabid Pats fan.)

Anyway, Barnes and Noble carries Hello! magazine. I went there today, but it doesn't look like they have Jaycee's issue yet, so I'm guessing they probably get it a week or so after it's released in the UK. I did see an article, however, with a new photo from the People shoot that will be in Hello! as well. I'll post the link at the end of my post. One thing I noticed from the photo is that Jaycee is wearing boots with significant heels, so she must be a lil' peanut if she's that much smaller than her sister even with heels on. :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-victim-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-bonds-with-mum.html

Dude! You're going to the game in London? Lucky! :dance: (I'm from RI, so I'm a rabid Pats fan.)

Anyway, Barnes and Noble carries Hello! magazine. I went there today, but it doesn't look like they have Jaycee's issue yet, so I'm guessing they probably get it a week or so after it's released in the UK. I did see an article, however, with a new photo from the People shoot that will be in Hello! as well. I'll post the link at the end of my post. One thing I noticed from the photo is that Jaycee is wearing boots with significant heels, so she must be a lil' peanut if she's that much smaller than her sister even with heels on. :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-victim-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-bonds-with-mum.html

not actually going to london for the game that was a joke lol but i am a big pats fan.
wow so she's even smaller then she appears.
no wonder tina said she looked the same as when she was 11

best of both worlds lina :)
i just really hope they have a great holiday........its the girls first, jaycee's first in nearly 2 decades, and shayna's first real christmas too :)

Thanks, Pete. I was thinking about this the other day. The holidays will be perfect for making the girls more comfy with their new family. JC already knows about the holiday season and birthdays and what comes with them, but for the girls the holidays will be a new experience for them and IMO a way better alternative to what they're used to of days just like any other days. I'm so excited for all of them.
I also wondered if Terry bought JC gifts every year and saved them. It would be neat to be able to finally give her 18 years of Christmas presents. And 18 years of birthday presents. Can you imagine a moment like that?
I began to think of other parents of missing children and if they buy gifts every year,too. I would, without a doubt. Maybe someday they'll be able to give their babies all the gifts they've been saving. I hope.

I wonder if Aunt Tina gave Jaycee the Barbie Doll she bought for her and never got to give her. She bought it as a Christmas present not for her 11th birthday. So I guess she bought it after Jaycee disappeared. She could never dispose of it, as we would all understand. I'd love to know if she has given it to Jaycee. Maybe Jaycee gave it to her own 11 year old.

Great - I do have a Barns and Nobel so I will go get the Hello magazine... :)
that is where I found people also.

thanks to whomever posted that.

Yes, I was surprised to find about 10 copies of People at my corner convenience store last night. But I think here in Ontario people just aren't as familiar with the Jaycee D story. I was talking to a friend about children catching the school bus and how it's safer if they walk with a buddy (although Garrido may not agree -- I still think it is safer than walking alone) and I mentioned Jaycee D by name, and she hadn't heard of her.

On Monday I checked big chain outlets for the mag and didn't see it. So either it sold out immediately, or they hadn't yet received it. I'll take another look tomorrow.

Yes, I was surprised to find about 10 copies of People at my corner convenience store last night. But I think here in Ontario people just aren't as familiar with the Jaycee D story. I was talking to a friend about children catching the school bus and how it's safer if they walk with a buddy (although Garrido may not agree -- I still think it is safer than walking alone) and I mentioned Jaycee D by name, and she hadn't heard of her.

On Monday I checked big chain outlets for the mag and didn't see it. So either it sold out immediately, or they hadn't yet received it. I'll take another look tomorrow.

jaycee was walking with a friend? i dont remember that

jaycee was walking with a friend? i dont remember that

I think she's talking about how Garrido was helping that lady with her flier about kid safety, and he told her that walking in pairs and/or groups doesn't necessarily mean that the kids are safe(r) than alone. Jaycee was alone by all accounts that I am familiar with.

I think she's talking about how Garrido was helping that lady with her flier about kid safety, and he told her that walking in pairs and/or groups doesn't necessarily mean that the kids are safe(r) than alone. Jaycee was alone by all accounts that I am familiar with.
Yes, flourish, that's exactly it. Garrido had stated to the safety flyer lady that even if children are walking with a buddy, that "one child is all you really need anyway" implying that it is easy to snatch one child away from their buddy and take off e.g. as in the Michaela Gerhert (sp?) case. Despite that, I still think the buddy system is way better than walking alone. If an abductor had to choose, they'd probably go for the child walking alone. As well, Michaela's friend, even though only age 9 at the time, was able to provide a fairly detailed description of the abductor and the car.

Yes, flourish, that's exactly it. Garrido had stated to the safety flyer lady that even if children are walking with a buddy, that "one child is all you really need anyway" implying that it is easy to snatch one child away from their buddy and take off e.g. as in the Michaela Gerhert (sp?) case. Despite that, I still think the buddy system is way better than walking alone. If an abductor had to choose, they'd probably go for the child walking alone. As well, Michaela's friend, even though only age 9 at the time, was able to provide a fairly detailed description of the abductor and the car.

and the elderly lady of course, did not question why this was such an expert on the situation.

The thing that really haunts me about this case is.........I wonder how long Jaycee as an 11 year old child kept thinking my parents will find me, they'll show up soon and take me home? How long was it before she finally gave up and accepted the situation? Child kidnapping has to be the most traumatic thing a child could ever experience short of death. I can visualize her day after day, night after night, thinking, "Please come Mommy and Daddy and take me home."

How long do you suppose it is before abnormal seems normal to a child of that age? How many nights did she cry herself to sleep?

The thing that really haunts me about this case is.........I wonder how long Jaycee as an 11 year old child kept thinking my parents will find me, they'll show up soon and take me home? How long was it before she finally gave up and accepted the situation? Child kidnapping has to be the most traumatic thing a child could ever experience short of death. I can visualize her day after day, night after night, thinking, "Please come Mommy and Daddy and take me home."

How long do you suppose it is before abnormal seems normal to a child of that age? How many nights did she cry herself to sleep?

only jaycee knows for sure.
i think the situation here is also complicated by the fact that garrido was obviously threatning jaycee's family to keep her from attempting to escape.

so if jaycee is thinking 'when wiill they find me?" she may also be fearing what will happen to them if they do.

heartbreaking

Even without the layman's diagnoses consider this:

Why would she have had any faith in LE? After the number of times they let her fall through the cracks -- involving them could have caused more trouble.

Not sure how it happend, but you misquoted me in the post above. I posted a reply as to why Jaycee did not try to escape even with internet access.

Not sure how it happend, but you misquoted me in the post above. I posted a reply as to why Jaycee did not try to escape even with internet access.

apologies Sunnie, I don't know how it happened either.... maybe your quote was embedded inside another (kinda like how your post quotes Sniperracer). anyway, it was more of a generic comment that I wanted to contribute to the thread.

After reading the various cases that I have read.
all I can say is my grand kids school has me registered as a person who has permission to pick up the kids.
They do not let them out without an adult, unless they take the bus then there is a guard. And parent do
wait by the bus.
I do not think 1-2-3 kids should walk alone. Like PG said all he needs is one. I really find it hard to swallow that parents allow their kids to go alone. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann