FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pain this family, this community is going thru is horrible. We didnt need to add to that by running back ground cks on those who we had no reason to believe were involved. IF we continue to do this, NO ONE is going to get involved to help each other out. IF I thought for one minute all my personal info would end up on the net, I sure wouldnt let the kids use my phone the next time & ensure they got home safe!

Unless you take drastic steps for your personal information to NOT be accessible via the Internet, it is.

While I don't run "background" checks on anyone, I don't really pay much mind to others who do. Why? Unless you're with law enforcement and have access to specific updated records, most of the other wanna-be-detective software is really kind of useless for *current* information. And most who do checks here only allude to personal information they've obtained, and posting specific personal information is pretty much discouraged. I can tell you in other forums the information is displayed openly, without any regard at all.

I am curious about the bf, though. Who among us wouldn't be given the plethora of cases where a family member or close friend has been involved in the disappearance of a child?

Coldpizza, I do not believe for one moment that the family is involved at all. The BF is not family, tho.

Would he be family if he had lived with the family for say 8 or 10 years?

IMHO if he is living with the mother and the children then they make a family regardless of being married or not or the amount of time they have lived together.

MOO

Maz

Forgive me if this has already been answered, and forgive me because the thought makes me want to vomit.

Does anyone know what day/approximate times trash collection is in that area?

Is anyone able to recall in any other case a landfill being searched within 48 hours of the child going missing?

I don't.

I think we will have an arrest fairly quickly in this case. LE probably knows who the perp is.

I think this falls back to when Ted Bundy was captured...

Whoever has the body of the Perp...has jurisdiction (sp?)[/QUOTE

I think you meant who ever has the body has the jurisdiction. I would like to think whomever has the body of the perp though.

I really think it depends on the state and the cooperation of the other state.In the long run I would hope it ends up in FL.given the Sunshine
laws.At least that makes us more privey...KWIM?

IMO- LE has not ruled anyone out.

LE would be crazy not to look at the live in bf. All to often, these cases DO end up with the bf involved. Too, too many..

I don't think anyone is saying LE should not be looking into the boy friend, of couse THEY.........key word being THEY should. What I am saying is, I feel a line was really crossed by posting all the stuff about him and the mother when there was NOTHING do indicate either of them were involved. IF that comes to light, by all mean, search & expose it all. I had no problems with that being done in the KC or Haleigh case b/c anyone with a lick of sense knew things were rotten in Denmark. The stories made no sense. This case, the story did make sense.

I am wondering if anyone just heard the update from outside the landfill. On news4jax.com I saw it but there was something at the end when the det or whatever he is turned to another reporter and said something. Did anyone catch what he said? I think I did but I am not 100% sure I just heard that right.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, and forgive me because the thought makes me want to vomit.

Does anyone know what day/approximate times trash collection is in that area?

Pickup is apparently Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. City website says that trash should be out by 7 am collection day.
However, most of the time, dumpsters are on a different schedule.

JVM mentioned this very same thing about a month ago...alas, no one was listening. She was all gung-ho for about 3 minutes. I suspect everytime a child is raped and murdered she'll jump on that band wagon, only to jump off the next day.

Who raises boys to become sexual predators? OMG! - lets just sweep that one under the rug.

Who lets their vulnerable children walk alone? The lazy, the weak-minded, the infirm.

It wasn't like she was stolen out of her bed in the middle of the night. Now the entire family has to suffer for the rest of their lives because pudge-face didn't want miss his soaps

Bolded by me. They weren't really walking alone, but together in a group. I see it here everyday as I live right behind a school. I think you are being harsh, esp with the "pudge-face" remark. As of now we don't know much of anything about this family or the BF. It would be better not to judge until if/when there is a reason to do so. Sure the world is a bad and dangerous place at times. But we still have to let children be children and give them responsibilites and freedoms. Walking home in a group is considered the "right" way to let children walk home on their own. Unless proven otherwise I don't think the blame should be pointed anywhere but to a stranger/perv. JMHO.

and probably 486,515 of 'em live in Florida!

640 live in the 32 miles that comprises my city.
No one should wonder why I support chemical castration and the NRA.

ETA: Apparently, there are 643 in my city now. I am going to be sick.

For me, just the fact that SP's website was changed this afternoon to include "adults" instead of just children is enough to make me have suspicions. Why is he at home changing his website? Why isn't he in the public eye standing next to his girlfriend and leaving the home with her to support her as she goes to identify her daughter? I think there was enough time for Somer to get home, have been restrained~ while he shooed the siblings back outside to look for her, and then he had an estimated hour of alone time. Plenty of time for the evil to come out. :(

I don't know that I believe that is what happened, but in my reality, I think it is certainly plausible.

MOO.

You can Start Looking at this one.. this was very good work by curious mom thank you ....

QUOTE=curious_mom;4322272]Don't know if this is allowed, so feel free to delete if it's not...

Going with the last place Somer was seen, at area of West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue, the closest RSO is this one:

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/jforkids/somer thompson/446bb4d6.jpg

Sending many prayers up for Somer's family and friends. This should not keep happening!!!
[/QUOTE]

Some info on your suspect. Looks like he might be from Putnam Cnty.
Don't you just love it ?
His sentence for L/L battery of a minor carried a lighter sentence than his 1980 Uttering Forgery conviction.

05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 3Y 0M 0D
Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 0Y 2M 24D
Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
10/08/1982 12/02/1983
11/06/1984 05/17/1985
07/20/2004 10/26/2005

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 0Y 2M 24D

07/30/1980 UTTERING FORGERY 09/30/1982 PUTNAM 8000785 4Y 0M 0D
05/02/1984 UTTERING FORGERY 10/31/1984 VOLUSIA 8402298 1Y 6M 0D

Nancy Grace is covering Somer tonight! Just wanted to let everyone know.

I don't think anyone is saying LE should not be looking into the boy friend, of couse THEY.........key word being THEY should. What I am saying is, I feel a line was really crossed by posting all the stuff about him and the mother when there was NOTHING do indicate either of them were involved. IF that comes to light, by all mean, search & expose it all. I had no problems with that being done in the KC or Haleigh case b/c anyone with a lick of sense knew things were rotten in Denmark. The stories made no sense. This case, the story did make sense.

WE, Websleuths, by definition seem to look into these avenues as well. Not sure why the rules for this case would be any different until LE clears someone in this case.

I am wondering if anyone just heard the update from outside the landfill. On news4jax.com I saw it but there was something at the end when the det or whatever he is turned to another reporter and said something. Did anyone catch what he said? I think I did but I am not 100% sure I just heard that right.
what did you hear?

JVM mentioned this very same thing about a month ago...alas, no one was listening. She was all gung-ho for about 3 minutes. I suspect everytime a child is raped and murdered she'll jump on that band wagon, only to jump off the next day.

Who raises boys to become sexual predators? OMG! - lets just sweep that one under the rug.

Who lets their vulnerable children walk alone? The lazy, the weak-minded, the infirm.

It wasn't like she was stolen out of her bed in the middle of the night. Now the entire family has to suffer for the rest of their lives because pudge-face didn't want miss his soaps.

Just one thing, she wasn't alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member