FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaycee Dugard's stepfather was the prime suspect in her case, so try to keep an open mind. Somer was reported missing very quickly, if the boyfriend did it, he had to get rid of her fast, before the other kids and the mother and the police were involved. I think it would have been difficult to have disposed of her by the time the other children were there. All I'm saying is to keep an open mind until there is more information.

For me, just the fact that SP's website was changed this afternoon to include "adults" instead of just children is enough to make me have suspicions. Why is he at home changing his website? Why isn't he in the public eye standing next to his girlfriend and leaving the home with her to support her as she goes to identify her daughter? I think there was enough time for Somer to get home, have been restrained~ while he shooed the siblings back outside to look for her, and then he had an estimated hour of alone time. Plenty of time for the evil to come out. :(

I don't know that I believe that is what happened, but in my reality, I think it is certainly plausible.

MOO.

Kai - Thanks for your post. If you look on the same page I posted a very similar scenario. I know from personal experience how opportunistic a pedophile is - my inlaw would take any opportunity to touch me when all of the adults were in the kitchen just two small rooms a straight shot away. The incident with his own child occurred when my sibling was sleeping after a rough night with inlaw's mother who had her own mental health issues. And with both of those people home, although sleeping, he could not stop himself from taking advantage of being alone with his own toddler child. And that tells me that an hour or so would be enough for the BF - especially if Somer the got home before the others. Then that hour when he sent them
looking for her would have been entirely for ridding of evidence. Certainly probable enough for LE to check him out. I agree that a live-in is part of the family, but many times it is someone in the family. Can't remember the case but about a year ago or so a girl in the North somewhere was missing, and it was her uncle who raped and killed her. Family members are always a possibility - for the sake of the whole family, and the grief they will endure I hope it is not any family member, but also hope that LE thoroughly checks this out. JMO

It is unspeakably awful for anything like this to happen but just to inject a little realism into the debate.

-13 states by my count have worse sex offender per capita rates than Florida.
-Sex offense crimes have steadily decreased over the last 25 years.
-Meghan's laws about public reporting of sex offenders seem to have very little effect and probably do more to scare people than anything else.

While I believe you, it must be that Florida cases end up with the most missing and dead children. We often comment at my house that as an adult or a child, you don't want to be a victim in Florida or Georgia. And look here, both of those states are involved in this case.

The fact that LE seem to be focusing on TUESDAY as being the day she was dumped leads me to believe that something happened to Somer later Monday evening. I think she was discarded the following day. If this is the case then IMO the BF didn't do it. LE even said that Somer was partially clothed which leads me to believe that she was raped. The sicko that did this probably kept her alive for a quite a bit Monday evening to that to her.

The sketch that was released today--- was that for the suspects in the attempted abduction case?

Nope, 51,560 live in Florida
California has the most - 117,408

18,328,340 people live in Florida as of - July 2008

not exactly OT:
I watched Oprah today and she was interviewing women from several different countries in their homes. She interviewed a mother in Denmark who showed Oprah her home, then mentioned that she had twin babies (I think she said 8 months old), and that the babies were outside taking a nap. Oprah said, "whaaat!! are they alone outside?" and the women said "yes, they are in a stroller and they like to take naps outside everyday". Oprah asked about the danger in that, and the mother was surprised and said there was no danger. When asked she said perhaps there were pedophiles in Copenhagen, but she had never heard of any in her whole life! None... What is going on here in the U.S. where there are 37 RSO's within any given 3 mile radius, and that's just the registered ones...

I agree with you on some points. Innocent parties are innocent until legally proven otherwise.

That said, Sex offenders and those convicted of a crime are fair game. Their information is out there on the net already, as well it should be. They messed up, got caught, and we as the public have the right and responsibility to arm ourselves with that knowledge.
As for the neighbors and boyfriend, we can't sleuth what we can't find. Most of what we find is in the public domain, i.e. Internet. In fact, for us to share information, it has to be in the public domain. If a person doesn't want to be seen, stay hidden. Putting information about yourself in the public domain is to declare open season on yourself.

I have no problems with anything being made public about those convicted. If I had my way, all the SO picutres would be plastered on every single building in the area. I just meant I didnt feel it was right, it felt "dirty" to dig up stuff & make it public, about someone who we had no reason to believe is involved. Of course LE should look into everyone. Many of us do facebook, my space etc, & we do them never thinking someone close to us might be killed, raped, etc. We never do it thinking it will be plastered all over a website kinda sorta pointing the finger at us.

I was writing and ranting earlier this afternoon, but chose not to post it. Then I come back home and find out her body is found.

JVM is right when she says: We need to change the SO situation, not let the SO change the way the general population lives.

However, we don't yet know who or what killed Somer.After years of researching these crimes, as many of us have:

We need to change the way SO's are dealt with.
We cannot let our children walk to and from school. Put them in a trusted afterschool program, if you work! Do not push the responsibility for watching your children on older siblings.
We cannot let a "boyfriend" watch our children for us.

There are multiple issues, JMO.

Personally, I suspect everyone: the BF, the RSO in the area, anyone who had the time, the means, etc.

I see no crime in sleuthing people who may or may not be in connection to the crime, regardless of their relation.

I've only posted those things that I have found that may be of interest to the case.

Everything we post here goes out into cyber-world forever. The innocent never get a chance to defend themselves from the cyber-world, nor can they ever get the words people are writing about them removed. In some cases, they can always contact the owner of websites and ask them to remove it, but in the meantime stuff goes out there and people get hurt.

The sketch that was released today--- was that for the suspects in the attempted abduction case?

That suspect was a POI in an attempt to snatch 3 kids, read the story below the sketch

Here it is -

I saw that earlier today, but is this sketch being connected to this case by LE? This sketch came from an Orlando area attempted abduction earlier this month, right?

not exactly OT:
I watched Oprah today and she was interviewing women from several different countries in their homes. She interviewed a mother in Denmark who showed Oprah her home, then mentioned that she had twin babies (I think she said 8 months old), and that the babies were outside taking a nap. Oprah said, "whaaat!! are they alone outside?" and the women said "yes, they are in a stroller and they like to take naps outside everyday". Oprah asked about the danger in that, and the mother was surprised and said there was no danger. When asked she said perhaps there were pedophiles in Copenhagen, but she had never heard of any in her whole life! None... What is going on here in the U.S. where there are 37 RSO's within any given 3 mile radius, and that's just the registered ones...

My mother would leave me in the carriage in front of the house too!

That sketch is the man that tried to convince three kids on their way home from school in Orlando to get in his car. Said their mom sent him.
Happened a month ago. I linked the case early last thread.

I saw that earlier today, but is this sketch being connected this case by LE? This sketch came from an Orlando area attempted abduction earlier this month, right?

I thought for sure that link was posted regarding Somer in this forum. I am losing it ...

Please disregard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member