FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if anyone just heard the update from outside the landfill. On news4jax.com I saw it but there was something at the end when the det or whatever he is turned to another reporter and said something. Did anyone catch what he said? I think I did but I am not 100% sure I just heard that right.
You mean when he said the body would be taken out tonight and taken to the Coroner's office?

I am wondering if anyone just heard the update from outside the landfill. On news4jax.com I saw it but there was something at the end when the det or whatever he is turned to another reporter and said something. Did anyone catch what he said? I think I did but I am not 100% sure I just heard that right.

what'd he say???!!!

It's been a short enough time that it might be possible to nail down time of death, but not to an exact hour. It's been too long for that. And the body was still found in GA, they would still have jurisdiction over the death investigation. And remember, she was running right before she was last seen, and physical exertion changes ATP levels, which changes the rigor pattern and duration. And if she was put through a compacter, there are going to be postmortem bruises, possibly overlaying or obscuring the lividity pattern. The best we'll get is an estimate, but they may be able to nail it down to within an 8-10 hour span.

Thanks notmykids.
Plus, a child's body would cool considerably quicker than an adult. She very well may have been held overnight somewhere and was alive until the next day. (I hate even typing that, uggh)

Somer babygirl, we are here for your family and may God take them all into his arms and hold them close in the coming days......

what did you hear?

It sounded to me like there were no clothes then the cam shut off so I donno if I heard him wrong since he was backed away from the reporter doing the story and facing another. Guess i will have to go look at see if that video is up yet.

I am just now looking at the fdle rso site.

THERE ARE EIGHT SEXUAL PREDATORS in Orange park... people listed in red.. as PREDATORS. One of the lovlies lives on Gano.

i don't suspect the boyfriend. Logically, I should, but...
In most cases where the bf kills live-in kid, the mother suspected some abuse. There is grief and pain, but there is not as much true confusion or denial. The early interviews with Somer's mother, she was in denial that someone had taken Somer, and she was deeply confused.
Also, the style, what we know if it so far, says stranger. The dump, the length of time, the two other abduction attempts within 1 month and 150 miles of Somer, unconnected. (Those are just two that I have found so far, and that included kids Somer's age and in the same circumstances.)

It reeks of stranger, or passing acquaintance.

The sheriffs exact statement at the news conference was that the body was found "partially covered". He didn't say clothed, but then he went on to say "only the victims lower extremities were visible" so that leads me to believe she was found only with a shirt on :( Just a guess.

To me, it means they saw only her legs when she was discovered as in maybe trash on the top half.

Is anyone able to recall in any other case a landfill being searched within 48 hours of the child going missing?

I don't.

I think we will have an arrest fairly quickly in this case. LE probably knows who the perp is.

I thought maybe they got some info from someone who was in the blue car.

Wasn't the landfill searched right away in the Cantu case?

Is anyone able to recall in any other case a landfill being searched within 48 hours of the child going missing?

I don't.

I think we will have an arrest fairly quickly in this case. LE probably knows who the perp is.

Never, without a tip, confession or crime scene.

I prayed so sincerely and so hard for this child to come home safely: "Please, no more Lord. Let us have this one baby back." I know it's wrong to feel the way I do, but it is hard to keep the faith in the face of such cases.

It is unspeakably awful for anything like this to happen but just to inject a little realism into the debate.

-13 states by my count have worse sex offender per capita rates than Florida.
-Sex offense crimes have steadily decreased over the last 25 years.
-Meghan's laws about public reporting of sex offenders seem to have very little effect and probably do more to scare people than anything else.

A sketch? I have not heard about that...........is there a link?

Some info on your suspect. Looks like he might be from Putnam Cnty.
Don't you just love it ?
His sentence for L/L battery of a minor carried a lighter sentence than his 1980 Uttering Forgery conviction.

05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 3Y 0M 0D
Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 0Y 2M 24D
Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
10/08/1982 12/02/1983
11/06/1984 05/17/1985
07/20/2004 10/26/2005

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
05/01/2002 L/L BATTERY V 12-15 YO 07/12/2004 DUVAL 0305996 0Y 2M 24D

07/30/1980 UTTERING FORGERY 09/30/1982 PUTNAM 8000785 4Y 0M 0D
05/02/1984 UTTERING FORGERY 10/31/1984 VOLUSIA 8402298 1Y 6M 0D[/QUOTE]

=======================

Thanks chi... wow .. but I don't know what L/L battery is.. Could you tell me please????

Personally, I suspect everyone: the BF, the RSO in the area, anyone who had the time, the means, etc.

I see no crime in sleuthing people who may or may not be in connection to the crime, regardless of their relation.

I've only posted those things that I have found that may be of interest to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22