WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has never happened before, but I have to agree with Teresa on this one.

fortunately, Grays Harbor is looking into this possibility.

keep in mind that it is difficult to visually compare individuals, especially since the pics we have of the possible are from when he was seventeen or younger.

btw-i found an enlarged pic of the possible and he does have a mole on the left side of his face. i am going to attach that pic in a min.

Exactly. And its 16 years from the time John disappeared to the time Lyle was found. In addition to Lyle's recon giving a different impression from his morgue photos. Especially in profile.

Not that i know of and that is who i think it is also.

beavers has distinct nostrells. i personally don't think they match lyle. he also has several scars, icluding one for a trach. that would have been easily detected by the me. imo

http://www..com/miss/cases/b/beavers_patrick.html

Just a little FYI on the Depatie case - guess he needs his own thread also! I left a note on Jonathan Depatie's myspace page that is maintained by his sister. I did this months ago before we ever submitted his info to the LE working the Lyle Stevik case. Anyway, I checked it today and Jonathan's sister Jocelyn had left me a message. It's copied here:

Thank you so very much for this response. I have checked the site regarding the man you referenced. My brother was much shorter that this man, 5'9'', and although there is some resemblance this is not him. Again I appreciate your response and highly respect the work you do. God Bless.
Jocelyn

Anyway, even though it wasn't a hit, I thought those of us working this case could use a little encouragement so at least we know that people do appreciate our efforts.

What I just found when googling him is that the eye color is different. The sister says hazel, all the other sites say blue or green.

I'm new here to Websleuths. I had to join because I'm "haunted" by Lyle. Since I heard about his story I haven't been able to forget it. He actually died on my birthday Sept 16th, and I also live in Idaho, so i feel connected somehow.

I've read thru most of the posts and have seen many people be excluded. You guys are very thorough in your search. I believe he's Indian. I live about 30 mins from an Indian Reservation, the Blackfoot tribe. They are VERY PRIVATE in all aspects of their lives, so I imagine other tribes are as well. I doubt he was ever reported missing, which is why he's gone so long with out being identified.

If there's anything i can do to help, please let me know. I will be doing some research of my own and will post if I find anything out.

Good work you guys!

I'm new here to Websleuths. I had to join because I'm "haunted" by Lyle. Since I heard about his story I haven't been able to forget it. He actually died on my birthday Sept 16th, and I also live in Idaho, so i feel connected somehow.

I've read thru most of the posts and have seen many people be excluded. You guys are very thorough in your search. I believe he's Indian. I live about 30 mins from an Indian Reservation, the Blackfoot tribe. They are VERY PRIVATE in all aspects of their lives, so I imagine other tribes are as well. I doubt he was ever reported missing, which is why he's gone so long with out being identified.

If there's anything i can do to help, please let me know. I will be doing some research of my own and will post if I find anything out.

Good work you guys!

I also have a theory that his family may possibly be dead, which could be why there is no missing person report on him

I had another theory quite a while ago that he could be adopted. At the time, I was stuck to come up with an explanation, but I may now have one.

I have a question about this case. I have read the 1st thread, and am planning on reading the rest of this one, and the 2nd one, but that will take me some days.

In several different posts it was mentioned that he was first assigned a room but asked to be moved as the people next door were too noisy. The things I am wondering is: Did LE check out the 1st room to see if he left anything there? And: Why did he complain about the noise? You'd think he'd want them to be louder to mask the sounds he might make if his legs were to kick out at the wall. This last one does not make sense to me.

I have a question about this case. I have read the 1st thread, and am planning on reading the rest of this one, and the 2nd one, but that will take me some days.

In several different posts it was mentioned that he was first assigned a room but asked to be moved as the people next door were too noisy. The things I am wondering is: Did LE check out the 1st room to see if he left anything there? And: Why did he complain about the noise? You'd think he'd want them to be louder to mask the sounds he might make if his legs were to kick out at the wall. This last one does not make sense to me.

Maybe he was a P&Q type of person?

I guess you could be right. Maybe at first he wasn't going to do it.

This is what I was thinking though: If I were in a hotel and was quietly reading a book, and heard thumps and bangs coming from the room next door I would be curious, but if I was in the room with several other people and we were talking and listening to the tv/radio I would be paying attention to what's going on around me, and think less of / maybe not even 'hear' thumps/bangs from the next room, so that would be the ideal place to hang myself.

-asked for a different room to get away from noise
-put blanket over the window
-paced up and down the road

what could these actions indicate? medical condition? drugs (some drugs can leave the system within hours)? psychiatric issues? severe distress over something he did or witnessed, maybe a tragic event happened?

does anyone recognize these symptoms as maybe a medical or psychiatric condition?

-asked for a different room to get away from noise
-put blanket over the window
-paced up and down the road

what could these actions indicate? medical condition? drugs (some drugs can leave the system within hours)? psychiatric issues? severe distress over something he did or witnessed, maybe a tragic event happened?

does anyone recognize these symptoms as maybe a medical or psychiatric condition?

Insomnia?

insomnia, good answer!!

paranoid? changing rooms and putting a blanket over the window could indicate that he was trying to hide from someone, or thing. only problem with that is he was seen outside of the room pacing in the road. maybe the noise was inside his head? schizophrenic? drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member