Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, here is my speculation at this point (of course it could change at any time) but due to the info about the ticket window tellers not being interviewed by police and NO information being released, I think the police have a suspect (s) in mind already. If they thought this were a stranger abduction I think they would have been releasing different or more information at this point.

well, here is my speculation at this point (of course it could change at any time) but due to the info about the ticket window tellers not being interviewed by police and NO information being released, I think the police have a suspect (s) in mind already. If they thought this were a stranger abduction I think they would have been releasing different or more information at this point.

I hope you're right! I assume there are no warnings to other young women in the Charlottesville area re: staying in groups, being aware of their surroundings, etc.

OK I just re read on the FindMorgan.com discussion board about a guy at Boyd's Tavern about 15miles(or minutes) away from JPJ arena encountering a frantic young man,lost, trying to get to Harrisonburg. Maybe MH planned to meet up with a guy that night(she didn't really care that much about seeing Metallica now but didn't tell her parents because they purchased the expensive tickets)So she speaks with this dude he's on his way- maybe 15 min. away- it's break time now after Lamb of God so MH decides to leave to meet up with him but he's LOST and doesn't show up.This could be the plan that tarheelplaya refers to. So when MH can't find the guy, and can/t get back in ..trouble finds her.

The closest Boyd's Tavern I found to C'Ville is Boyd's Tavern Market in Keswick, VA, ~6-9 miles EAST of C'Ville. Harrisonburg is about an hour NW of C'Ville. If this guy was meeting up with Morgan at the concert, I don't think he'd be asking for directions to Harrisonburg before he's even gotten to C'Ville, so I am skeptical that that the guy is somehow involved.

So she either 1) does not get picked up by the person/people who she was supposed to meet and meets trouble with a complete stranger or 2) she does meet with the friend/friends and something goes awry[/QUOTE]

Are we believing what Tarheelplaya06 says? He said the group thought she planned on meeting up with some one and that person's identity isn't really being released publicly so as to not tip them that LE knows??

LeSinge I guess we will just have to agree to disagree!

Agree! I can be difficult at times but we wil put down the sabres and call a truce

I missed the statement where the ticket window tellers hadn't been interviewed by LE. Would you mind directing me to that link or post? TIA.

Are we believing what Tarheelplaya06 says? He said the group thought she planned on meeting up with some one and that person's identity isn't really being released publicly so as to not tip them that LE knows??

which is what number 1 and 2 are referring to, if Tarheelplaya is truthful.

I have also been given this info, or a variation on it, from a whole different source and it is being looked into but in my case I don't know if it is just a lead among others. If anything comes of it I'll let you know

I missed the statement where the ticket window tellers hadn't been interviewed by LE. Would you mind directing me to that link or post? TIA.

In reference to my post 26 above from the mother of the box office girl, but also from a number of witnesses who say they were never called back and had to call their leads back in, I know of at least 3 people this happened to

So she either 1) does not get picked up by the person/people who she was supposed to meet and meets trouble with a complete stranger or 2) she does meet with the friend/friends and something goes awry. Are we believing what Tarheelplaya06 says? He said the group thought she planned on meeting up with some one and that person's identity isn't really being released publicly so as to not tip them that LE knows??

I read Tarheelplaya06's comments at the Forensic Astrology forum. IIRC, he claims to be a friend of MH and to know her friends even better. In his first few posts he was adamant that 6 people took a friend's car to JMU and C'Ville. When people questioned all of the discrepancies (including his) flying around about the car and its occupants, he backed off and said something along the lines of 'this time I'll talk to the actual friends.' He then proceeded to text/email them. When he received 3 messages that - according to him - gave the same information, he reported 5 (I think) people rode in MH's car to C'Ville.

I couldn't tell from his comments if he believes MH was going to meet a guy or if he picked up on what someone else had posted about that possibility and was following along other people's train of thoughts on the topic. His posts were hard to read given his use of grammar and spelling.

Based on the fact that he came to that forum presenting wrong information as facts he had received from the friends and then providing different information from text messages he received (who's to say the friends haven't agreed to corroborate each other's stories whether or not they are completely true?), I don't put much faith in what he posted. Then again, I'm skeptical about most of the information being put forth by supposed eyewitnesses and friends of friends...

Thanks CindyS, good points - and good to stay healthily skeptical about a lot of this

i think the VA state attorney general or the Dept of Justice needs to look into issues of negligence regarding the lack of triage/logistics, etc or whatever you wanna call it. Who knows-maybe LE already interviewed the perp and doesnt even know it because the interview was over the phone, and made by someone half asleep and worried about the world series game?

since the beginning there have been many witnesses/people stating that they couldn't even give their tips and we know the tipline was overrun. really? WTH are these people doing? I think the Harringtons should set up their own line to take take tips or pay someone, or somebody should do something so at least more tips can come in or whatever....this case is gonna turn into a dead donkey, and I wonder even if LE has a suspect in ind, whether they only have circumstantial evidence at best, and this case will be a bunce.

The boyds Tavern thing i posted here, in thread 4 I believe--maybe thse dudes needed directions and encountered Morgan and were like we're going back to H-burg, wanna go? or she was like, i'm heading that way, take me and i'll show you. bada bing, bada boom.

regarding post #49-- if Tarheelplaya was telling the truth, then Dave Gardner maybe has a bad memory? idk. i don't remember him talking about 5 people. unless they dropped one person off to get in the arena , then went to park the car?

Find morgan dot com, discussion section, general discussion, unanswered questions:

There is much of this that does not make sense. My daughter worked in the ticket booth the night of the concert. She said it was really slow from about 8:45 so she was just sitting there looking outside. She is incredibly observant and she also has a great memory. She did not see anyone walking around that looked like she was distressed or trying to talk to someone at a door. She said that she would have gone outside to see if she could help if she noticed a girl alone trying to get back in. I'm shocked that no one has interviewed the people working the windows that night.

I agree with her that it is shocking that each and every staffperson there was not questioned. However, JPJ arena and the surrounding parking areas are so big, and if she was only staffing one section of it she only had that one view. (If she were patrolling on foot, I could see her point, but if she as in a booth, her only perspective is the view from the booth). She could not have seen things that were happening in the shadows - or that someone wanted to keep hidden from view. This all happened in darkness, at night. One's vision can change drastically depending on the shadows. Do we know which areas of the parking lot were lit?

I am continually amazed, when reading about these cases, at how little time it takes to abduct a person, especially for an experienced predator - it could seconds literally for a person to completely disappear.

Wasn't it posted that her dad purchased 9 tickets? Only 5 went. That leaves 4 tickets. Unless she sold the others, she should have had an extra ticket to get back in.

which is what number 1 is, if Tarheelplaya is truthful.

I have also been given this info, or a variation on it, from a whole different source and it is being looked into but in my case I don't know if it is just a lead among others. If anything comes of it I'll let you know

Hmmm. Think Romeo doesn't already know he's being eyeballed?

Even if tarheel has some legit intro into MH's group, the info forthcoming can be gleaned from news sources and it's us who're being "playa"d.

C6

9 tickets.are u sure?...what happened to the extras?

she must have taken them with her right?

and she didnt try and sell them herself? or use one to get back in?

9 tickets.are u sure?...what happened to the extras?

she must have taken them with her right?

and she didnt try and sell them herself? or use one to get back in?

No, I'm not sure - just saw it posted (can't tell you the thread # or post # as I can't remember). But I'd like to know if its true.

i think the VA state attorney general or the Dept of Justice needs to look into issues of negligence regarding the lack of triage/logistics, etc or whatever you wanna call it. Who knows-maybe LE already interviewed the perp and doesnt even know it because the interview was over the phone, and made by someone half asleep and worried about the world series game?

since the beginning there have been many witnesses/people stating that they couldn't even give their tips and we know the tipline was overrun. really? WTH are these people doing? I think the Harringtons should set up their own line to take take tips or pay someone, or somebody should do something so at least more tips can come in or whatever....this case is gonna turn into a dead donkey, and I wonder even if LE has a suspect in ind, whether they only have circumstantial evidence at best, and this case will be a bunce.

The boyds Tavern thing i posted here, in thread 4 I believe--maybe thse dudes needed directions and encountered Morgan and were like we're going back to H-burg, wanna go? or she was like, i'm heading that way, take me and i'll show you. bada bing, bada boom.

I'm sure the volume of calls to tip lines peak when the media first reports on the situation and again whenever the number(s) is provided. There are only so many hours in the day and only so many trained personnel to screen the calls properly. I wouldn't want grieving family members and untrained friends, etc. to take the information and not know what questions to ask. Just because LE isn't moving as quickly as people would like is no reason for any of us to assume they aren't doing their jobs. In fact, I'd rather see them being methodical and ensuring critical information isn't getting leaked then quickly focusing on the wrong POIs. As Singe mentioned previously (and I am paraphrasing), I think it might be a good idea for all of us to ask ourselves if we truly believe the information we want released is truly for the benefit of finding MH or is to satisfy our own curiosity.

someone on here on last thread found on craigslist that it did seem she tried to sell them. Am on my phone so cant go back to find it

Wasn't it posted that her dad purchased 9 tickets? Only 5 went. That leaves 4 tickets. Unless she sold the others, she should have had an extra ticket to get back in.

Whats the source for this I have not heard it's not that I doubt or question you personally but its good to check up on it simply b/c if it's not the case then we are very likely will have 6 pages discuss something that isn't even true and people that check in periodically will be bring up this point like its fact for weeks. Not that is would your fault or any thing but it's just the way it goes human nature I guess if three people mention the same rumor even if they all heard it from the same source we start to think of it as if it were fact. So I always think its good to head it off at the pass if at all possible. But if it is accurate obviously it would be a very relevant important piece of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike