Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor would you, unless Casey hit a vain or artery - and that is very rare. I give my 2 cats shots every day, and it is only about once every 2 weeks that there is blood on a needle - and I give myself a shot once a month of B-12 (my body has lost the ability to absorb it orally), I have had to do this for 2 years now, and I never got blood on the needle and I was a complete novice at giving shots when my first cat got sick, so it is not expertise at giving shots that accounts for the lack of blood, it is just that the odds are you will not hit a vain by accident when giving a shot.

It would be very unlikely. If this drug was given by injection it was most likely subcutaneous or intramuscular.If so, then blood will not be found on a syringe unless the person injecting hits a blood vessel in error. Finding a vein to inject in a 2yr old requires a level of skill likely not found in someone like KC. It can also be given orally or sprayed into the airway..

I'm reminded of Cynthia Sommer's trial for the murder of her husband, Todd Sommer. Every crime forum had her using arsenic to murder Todd even though there was no physical evidence that she ever bought or even touched arsenic.
Wudge...did you read the "bug" report? Remember all the "junk science" claims when they gave the results of the air sample? There is proof now that a decompositional event occurred in the trunk. To be honest, I'm not sure what all this means as far as the chloroform is concerned (just haven't had the time to digest it all), but something tells me down the road we will find out more. FWIW, the defense doesn't have a prayer getting the indictment dismissed (IMO).

Sorry, this will help with my previous post:

Attachments

• item numbers.jpg
    item numbers.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 54
The defense will attempt to poke holes (no pun intended) in the analysis, procedure, protocol, documentation, and reporting of these findings. There is a reason the LKB asked for the CV of all the parties involved with the testing. She asked for notes, bench notes, logs....this is their only defense in absence of proof that SODDI. Mark my words, there will be more names and reputations dragged through the mud in the name of creating reasonable doubt.

The defense will attempt to poke holes (no pun intended) in the analysis, procedure, protocol, documentation, and reporting of these findings. There is a reason the LKB asked for the CV of all the parties involved with the testing. She asked for notes, bench notes, logs....this is their only defense in absence of proof that SODDI. Mark my words, there will be more names and reputations dragged through the mud in the name of creating reasonable doubt.

Wouldn't you hate to make your living by doing that? Shudders...

When giving an injection, can blood be drawn back into the syringe if not done properly?

Yes, after inserting the needle, you always aspirate to make sure you are not in a blood vessel, before injecting the drug.

Yup...but today I feel some sort of vindication...no doubts...just amazed at all the hard work we've done here.

Yes, after inserting the needle, you always aspirate to make sure you are not in a blood vessel, before injecting the drug.
Would reports of a dna match be under a different cover? I haven't read any blood analysis. Was there any?

When giving an injection, can blood be drawn back into the syringe if not done properly?

In my experience with injections 3x a week I stick the needle in, plunge the medicine in and pull the needle back out, no bleeding involved for me and none on the needle.

Would reports of a dna match be under a different cover? I haven't read any blood analysis. Was there any?

Haven't read many of the docs yet but not heard of any.

I am thinking she just used the syringe and needle to draw up the drug from it's container, then added it to the Gatorade to mask the taste- although it is said to have a sweet sickly taste- and then discarded it.

I had a feeling they were not going to release what they found about the syringe until later...I even posted that back in June. I am guessing there will be more to come
NOt only syringes but she probably had access to gloves. You can get those by the boxful. If she was dropping Caylee off at the hospital alot, you bet she knew where the stash was kept.
:) this was my post back in June...
I do not believe they have released whatever that syringe in that toilet paper roll was...Hoping, Hoping, they have some fingerprints that match KC's...Don't you think that if it was nothing, they would have included that in the reports somewhere? If someone has seen that the syringe was looked at , please let me know. To this day I do not think anything on it has been released. JMO
not trying to toot any horn, but that was just kept too quiet...

I was just thinking that a few minutes ago, recalling the syringe was in a TP roll. Interesting that it was put back in the plastic. I too am hoping it preserved the fingerprints and/or dna from the contents in the bottle.

I am laying bets on the defense trying to prove that Ricardo or Jesse use steroids. I am also hearing an echo of an IM KC sent regarding getting her personal training certification. While we know that's not true......she could have been spending time with somone currently into fitness / bodybuilding and borrowing from their life story. May explain where a syringe came from.

Wudge...did you read the "bug" report? Remember all the "junk science" claims when they gave the results of the air sample? There is proof now that a decompositional event occurred in the trunk. To be honest, I'm not sure what all this means as far as the chloroform is concerned (just haven't had the time to digest it all), but something tells me down the road we will find out more. FWIW, the defense doesn't have a prayer getting the indictment dismissed (IMO).

Speaking of "junk science", you know that JB will make his way on some news outlet and claim that all of this evidence released is just "junk science" LOL :banghead:

I hate to disappoint, but what this paper is saying is not that this product contained these four ingredients. This is an analytical method that was developed to determine how a testosterone containing product was distributed transdermally and to see what metabolites were produced when it was used.
In their analysis, they took the product and dissolved it in ethanol. In order to extract the testosterone from the product, it had to be put into solution. They could have used just about any short-chain alcohol or other low molar mass polar solvent. Once the product was in solution they added a mixture of methanol and chloroform (probably in a separatory funnel) for extraction. The point of this is to dissolve the testosterone portion into one of the solvents while dissolving the other ingredients in the other solvent. Like compounds dissolve in like solvents...so you choose a solvent that is similar to the compound you want to isolate and another that isn't likely to dissolve that compound. The solvents are usually immiscible based on density or polarity so that they are easily separated by decantation (think oil and water). All they were doing in this method is isolating the testosterone...after extraction the solvents were either discarded, allowed to evaporate or separated by TLC.

English please.....and dumb it down. :crazy: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member