Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of being labelled a Gen-W (W being for Woodstock), I seem to remember people using toilet paper rolls in a pinch to smoke, uh, various things. Perhaps they do it differently these days, but I also remember such "pipes" as having a hole cut out of the top and perforated aluminum foil inserted to make the "bowl". Unless the toilet paper roll looked like that, I'd say it was just there to hide a syringe or to keep it from poking through.

Also, did I read this right and was the syringe inside the cardboard tube and the tube inside the Gatorade bottle? The bottle is described as being 3/4 full, IIRC. Wouldn't that have made the cardboard tube soggy? Please, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong; I'm having puter problems tonight and don't want to go looking for the doc. TIA.

Yes, they were soggy/wet. There were two rolls. Because they were disposed of though, I didn't take that to mean they could not have possibly been used as pipes at an earlier time.

11984 - 11985 is where the report "summary" in English (as opposed to numbers lol) seems to be at this link:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/11911-11987.pdf

the whole thing is about the testing, as is this section of the docs:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/11571-11670.pdf

FWIW, as i see vallhall already gave you what you probably need. :)

Results of examinations pg 75

Q240.1.1 liquid from within Q240
Q240 plastic bag

secimen Q240.1.1 was a mixture of immiscible liquids (whitish and yellow) the whitish aqueous-portion of Q240.1.1 was similar to Q238.1 (possibley some type of cleaning product) a mixture of testosterone compounds was identified withine the yellowish, oily-portion of Q240.1.1

Q238 bottle
Q238.1 was liquid from within Q238
Q238.1 was a whitish/murky liquid and while not specifically identified, could be from a ype of cleaning product. additionally, a mixture of testosterone compounds was identified with Q238.1

Q241 unknown liquid substance from the vehicle no chloroform , similar to urine
Q244 Doll chloroform was not identified within specimen

the only part of the report on this page or any other written page for results that states NO Chloroform found is ......
Q241 .....which looked like it could be urine
Q244 Doll

the others state cleaning product......maybe same substances you would find in chloroform???

LOL.....for the time it took me to write all this out....you guys i think are far ahead of me :)......but hey...im trying to help :biggrin:

I think there was another poster who mentioned that connection earlier. Something about chloroform being connected to testosterone. Can't remember which post.

Chloroform; the U.S. EPA has classified chloroform in Group B2: Probable human carcinogen.
http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-profiles/html/chloroform.html

I don't see where there could be much connection between Chloroform and Testosterone. Back in '55 they were not thinking about carcinogens, but this isn't 1955

Huh??? There is no way this could happen. When is chloroform used in preserving food for refrigeration?

And what the heck would that have to do with juices from rotting meat "breaking down to coffin wax"? Why are we trying to come up with completely implausible theories in an attempt to disprove plausible theories about casey's culpability?

TIA to Valhall and DM2 for your work - and for the additional effort in dummying it down for us chemtards!

You just introduced me to my new favorite word! Can't wait for the opportunity to use it in a conversation... DBF is already looking at me like "OMG she's lost her mind...again..." but he's used to it!!

I'm will Val and bout to hit the bed. I've got two furry, four-legged, boys that have been pacing and patiently waiting on me get off here so that WE can go to bed... for some reason, they don't think it's okay for me to stay up once they've decided it's bedtime... when they're ready for bed it's time for me to go to bed, too! LOL I figure they've got more sense than I do about that type of thing... plus they're spoiled and I can't say "no" to my boys... and I'm getting pretty sleepy... so, g'night everyone!

Hopefully Val, BJB and I will be on tomorrow with some more answers!

Undergrad Chem was the most work I ever did for a B; I'm also more proud of that B than a lot of the A's I got in less mind-boggling subjects.

I should get "Hard Working Chemtard" put on a t-shirt for myself.

OHMYGOSH....I was about to go to bed and I saw your post. It reminded me of t-shirts our ACS club made when I was in undergrad... they said "REAL chemists do it in tha hood... and periodically do it on the table". If you don't get it, don't ask. I'm really sorry for my TERRIBLE attempt at humor... but I LMBO every time I see my shirt (never wear it in public, lol).

:laugh:

OHMYGOSH....I was about to go to bed and I saw your post. It reminded me of t-shirts our ACS club made when I was in undergrad... they said "REAL chemists do it in tha hood... and periodically do it on the table". If you don't get it, don't ask. I'm really sorry for my TERRIBLE attempt at humor... but I LMBO every time I see my shirt (never wear it in public, lol).

we all need the humor :D

Results of examinations pg 75

Q240.1.1 liquid from within Q240
Q240 plastic bag

secimen Q240.1.1 was a mixture of immiscible liquids (whitish and yellow) the whitish aqueous-portion of Q240.1.1 was similar to Q238.1 (possibley some type of cleaning product) a mixture of testosterone compounds was identified withine the yellowish, oily-portion of Q240.1.1

Q238 bottle
Q238.1 was liquid from within Q238
Q238.1 was a whitish/murky liquid and while not specifically identified, could be from a ype of cleaning product. additionally, a mixture of testosterone compounds was identified with Q238.1

Q241 unknown liquid substance from the vehicle no chloroform , similar to urine
Q244 Doll chloroform was not identified within specimen

the only part of the report on this page or any other written page for results that states NO Chloroform found is ......
Q241 .....which looked like it could be urine
Q244 Doll

the others state cleaning product......maybe same substances you would find in chloroform???

You're right. It does not state specifially "NO chloroform." My bad on that, this is becoming frustrating.

But the point is, they don't say there IS any chloroform. Since they were specifically requested to look for substances that could have been used to murder Caylee (and they've heard about the chloroform levels in the trunk), don't you think if there was a significant amount of chloroform (enough to matter) they'd mention it? It would be pretty remiss if they failed to mention it.

The person conducting these tests surely doesn't expect everyone else in LE to be able to grasp/read/make use of the graphs and highly technical part of the report.

The persons receiving this report need the answers in plain words just like most of us. Think about how many people involved in the case that might need to understand the results of this testing. They can't all be chemists. The SA isn't a chemist, nor most of the folks at OSCO. If most of us can't read this and understand it, neither can they. That's why I believe if there was a significant amount of chloroform found in anything they tested (enough to be harmful to Caylee), it would be explained in plains words somewhere in the report, likely here in this summary you reference. KWIM?

You're right. It does not state specifially "NO chloroform." My bad on that, this is becoming frustrating.

But the point is, they don't say there IS any chloroform. Since they were specifically requested to look for substances that could have been used to murder Caylee (and they've heard about the chloroform levels in the trunk), don't you think if there was a significant amount of chloroform (enough to matter) they'd mention it? It would be pretty remiss if they failed to mention it.

The person conducting these tests surely doesn't expect everyone else in LE to be able to grasp/read/make use of the graphs and highly technical part of the report.

KWIM?

Either that or the SA's office "accidentally" left off the part of the Summary where they actually speak English LOL. We don't want to make it too easy on the defense..right:waitasec:?

Chloroform; the U.S. EPA has classified chloroform in Group B2: Probable human carcinogen.
http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-profiles/html/chloroform.html

I don't see where there could be much connection between Chloroform and Testosterone. Back in '55 they were not thinking about carcinogens, but this isn't 1955

Quoting Impatient RedHead:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/7057-how-make-testosterone.html

Come on guys! Didn't you learn anything in HS Chemistry?

In layman's terms (as i understand it)...

1. Buy some Manganese Dioxide powder, and some chloroform at 25 degrees celsius (77 degrees fahrenheit). [Or acetone if you can't find the chloroform].
2. Dissolve the manganese dioxide in the chloroform
3. Add your 4-AD to the batch, and voila! You have your testosterone.

According to this there is a connection, or can be.

OK NTS......if you don't believe there was a dead body in the trunk of the Pontiac.......do you have a theory about what may have transpired that would leave "substances" in that trunk that "mimic" human or animal decomp? Not trying to bash you here, but if you have strong feelings that there was NOT a dead body in the trunk....I wonder what the catalyst for that opinion is.

If the discussion is about Chloroform, then I guess that would be on topic. I want to be careful about that. It is my opinion that she was not in the trunk. I base that on a lot of hard work by the LE, Fbi and the Body farm. In conclusion of all the test, I dont think the body was in the trunk. I think the coffin wax or bugs on the napkins was probably Tony or Casey wiping up pork blood, chicken blood, steak blood, or fat or juice from fat or any of those items right off of his kitchen counter and throwing it in the trash. I think it would be totally normal to find this in any kitchen trash.

I think the levels of chloroform found in the trunk are probably normal for any trunk carpet that has been cleaned with clorine products or febreeze. I think it showed high amounts because he concentrated the sample before testing.

The one hair that they originally said was consistent with human decomp. (which only means consistent) was later found in an email with the fbi lab tech stating that she could not confirm it was of human decomp.

Now, I may or may not have a theory as to what happened or who did this, but it has nothing to do with that trunk. That trunk is nil to me. A waste of Yuri's time. This is all my opinion. I think Yuri has moved on and probably given up on the trunk at this point.

In the end, the syringe represents something horrible and boost a lot of emotion. I can understand how people feel and I can understand that Nancy Grace represents the victims. But to me, justice for Caylee is gettting to the truth of the whole thing to include the good bad and ugly.

If the discussion is about Chloroform, then I guess that would be on topic. I want to be careful about that. It is my opinion that she was not in the trunk. I base that on a lot of hard work by the LE, Fbi and the Body farm. In conclusion of all the test, I dont think the body was in the trunk. I think the coffin wax or bugs on the napkins was probably Tony or Casey wiping up pork blood, chicken blood, steak blood, or fat or juice from fat or any of those items right off of his kitchen counter and throwing it in the trash. I think it would be totally normal to find this in any kitchen trash.

I think the levels of chloroform found in the trunk are probably normal for any trunk carpet that has been cleaned with clorine products or febreeze. I think it showed high amounts because he concentrated the sample before testing.

The one hair that they originally said was consistent with human decomp. (which only means consistent) was later found in an email with the fbi lab tech stating that she could not confirm it was of human decomp.

Now, I may or may not have a theory as to what happened or who did this, but it has nothing to do with that trunk. That trunk is nil to me. A waste of Yuri's time. This is all my opinion. I think Yuri has moved on and probably given up on the trunk at this point.

In the end, the syringe represents something horrible and boost a lot of emotion. I can understand how people feel and I can understand that Nancy Grace represents the victims. But to me, justice for Caylee is gettting to the truth of the whole thing to include the good bad and ugly.

Alrighty then. I'm sure you are right, Yuri has probably long forgotten about the decomp smell in the trunk and has dismissed it as well.
Thanks for sharing:banghead:

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4407227#post4407227]Thread #2[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear