Deceased/Not Found CO - Aarone Thompson, 4, Aurora, 2003 *A. Thompson guilty*

This is another case that leaves me seeing red.

The only comfort in the article, in my opinion is that even if they decide that Aaron isn't guilty of murdering Aarone, the several remaining counts against him could imprison him for life.

I pray he grows a conscience and tells where Aarone is buried.

This is another case that leaves me seeing red.

The only comfort in the article, in my opinion is that even if they decide that Aaron isn't guilty of murdering Aarone, the several remaining counts against him could imprison him for life.

I pray he grows a conscience and tells where Aarone is buried.

BBM. I was pleased to read that as well. I've been worried about the jury not handing down a guilty verdict on the murder charge.

I just wanted to bump this up while we're waiting.

Does the jury have to deliberate on all 57 charges against AT? If so, could that be a reason for the length of deliberations?

Yes & yes IMO, respectively. That jury's got their work cut out for them!

After nine days of deliberating, the jury finally reached a verdict in the Aaron Thompson case.

Thompson was found guilty of child abuse resulting in death, conspiracy to commit child abuse, false reporting to authorities, concealing death, conspiracy to conceal death, child abuse resulting in injury, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and all of the 22 counts read so far.

The jury could not reach a unanimous decision on two counts -- abuse of a corpse and conspiracy to commit abuse of a corpse -- so those counts were declared a mistrial.

More at link:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21136086/detail.html

Amen and Amen. I live in CO and this case just sickened me! I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life in jail.

Update:

(snips)
He was also found guilty of conspiracy to commit child abuse, false reporting to authorities, concealing death, conspiracy to conceal death, child abuse resulting in injury, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and other charges. Overall, he was found guilty on 31 counts and not guilty on 22 counts.

Attorney Phil Cherner said the first three guilty charges alone will probably put Thompson in prison for the rest of his life. Sentencing has been scheduled for Nov. 10.

It's probably too much to hope that Big A would be inclined to give up the location of her remains now that the verdict is in. I would hope that the state might offer him a little sumpin' sumpin' for that info before sentencing. At long last there is justice for Aarone, but I'd still like to see her finally laid to rest with some dignity.

What does "mistrial" mean when it refers to the abuse of the corpse or the conspiracy to abuse a corpse? (Can he be retried for those counts if he "gives up" the location of Aarone's body?)

I'm quite impressed that he was found guilty of the many counts he has been. I pray that Phil Cherner is right and Aaron spends the rest of his life in prison, and someday, if Aaron doesn't tell someone where Aarone is, she is found and laid to rest in a proper burial.

Fly with the angels, Aarone! No one will hurt you ever again.

http://www.denverpost.com/

Good stuff on this site. It says he slumped in his chair when the verdicts were read. What a little coward. Big man when he was torturing his children but now when the strong arm of the law comes down on him he is a coward and has to sit down. I'm happy to hear that he knows his murderous life is over. I've never been so sickened by a story in my life.

I hope he will tell where she is. :(

I had hoped he might trade that info for a little lighter sentence, but no. He's already admitted that Aarone's dead (though he's not man enough to admit he killed her), so he must know where her remains are. Now it seems that he'll spend the rest of his natural life behind bars, so why not give up the whereabouts of her remains? He's got nothing to lose, as far as I can see.

Psssst... Big A, they can't take away your birthday... just spill it.

Calling AT a failure as a father and a failure as a man is an understatement. He should start his redemption by letting her mama have some closure and giving that poor child some dignity in death with a proper burial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back