Bar Complaint Against Former Lawyer Picazio Filed By Crystal Sheffiel

Status
Not open for further replies.

curvecuti

Reaction score
SNIP~The Florida Bar Association has dismissed the complaints against attorney Kim Picazio alleged by Crystal Sheffield.
In the complaint, Crystal Sheffield alleged that:

"...Ms. Picazio violated Rule 4-1.6 by disclosing confidential information concerning her representation of Crysal related to the search and investigation of her missing child, Haleigh Cummings. Crystal also contend that Ms. Picazio did not act with diligence in filing a modification of he child support. Ms. Picazio responded to the allegations in the complaint and rebuttal with specific denials of each allegation and a detailed history of her involvement in the case (see the letter)."

On of Picazio's rebuttals to the complaint was rather harmful to Crystal Sheffield and the perception some may have of her:

"...Ms. Picazio also contends that your current living situation, health concerns, inability to work, and drug addiction/seizures prevented her from filing a petition for a change in custody. All lawyers, as officers of the court, have an obligation to refrain from filing frivolous pleadings or papers, and may.be subject tocourt-imposed sanctions for having done so, This.is an area that falls within the exercise of professional judgment by the lawyer, and is not appropriate as a reason for discipline to be imposed."

In this 97.3 The Sky exclusive podcast interview, attorney Kim Picazio blames a blogger for spreading falsehoods over the internet and worming her way into the confidence of Marie Griffis and Crystal Sheffield.

Picazio tells The Sky she advised Crystal Sheffield and Marie Griffis against the now controversial Sam Watkins Concert and wanted Pay-Pal links and wording on the Haleighbug Center website that asked for donations to be removed.

AUDIO: KIM PICAZIO 16:53

Some of the more volatile claims Picazio made in the interview suggested that the blogger-in-question was also involved as a moderator for a Haleigh Cummings forum that was operated by a high risk sex offender.

Picazio did not refer to the blogger by name.
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5672004.php

WOW!! Kim came out swinging!

Thanks Curvecuti!

Many things of interest in there.

One rumor that is dispelled that has been argued over and over is that Crystal was never properly served back for the 2005 original custody hearing. Kim put THAT rumor to rest (even though many of us put up links from custody docs).

From the bar letter:

crystalserved.jpg

http://imgsrv.thesky973.com/image/wsky/UserFiles/File/Bar Complaint Dismissal Letter0001.pdf

(Top of page 2)

That proves Crystal WAS served & simply did not go to the first hearing.

Thanks Curvecuti!

Many things of interest in there.

One rumor that is dispelled that has been argued over and over is that Crystal was never properly served back for the 2005 original custody hearing. Kim put THAT rumor to rest (even though many of us put up links from custody docs).

From the bar letter:

crystalserved.jpg

http://imgsrv.thesky973.com/image/wsky/UserFiles/File/Bar Complaint Dismissal Letter0001.pdf

(Top of page 2)

That proves Crystal WAS served & simply did not go to the first hearing.
GMTA.......... :thumb:

If you listen to the interview with KP she also says she withdrew from the case. MG said she was let go/fired. Someone is telling a mis-truth there. :waitasec: Also KP says it was not her spreading info. on the net, wonder who it was posting here, pretending to be her? :waitasec:

Well a mod talked to Kim and so did Tricia and that was her posting here. Maybe she wasn't posting elsewhere, but she was here.

Posting on multiple websites isn't grounds? Wow.

I am very sorry to read the information disclosed in that letter because I have truly wanted to believe that Crystal Sheffield was an honest and supportive mother. Am I reading the letter correctly? Does it say that The reason that Crystal hired Picazio was to assist with getting the child support lowered? Haleigh was missing a month and that is what she wanted KP to do? TIA

Well a mod talked to Kim and so did Tricia and that was her posting here. Maybe she wasn't posting elsewhere, but she was here.
Can you remind me what her screen name was?TIA

I am very sorry to read the information disclosed in that letter because I have truly wanted to believe that Crystal Sheffield was an honest and supportive mother. Am I reading the letter correctly? Does it say that The reason that Crystal hired Picazio was to assist with getting the child support lowered? Haleigh was missing a month and that is what she wanted KP to do? TIA
That's how it reads to me.

Sad. Horrible.

Did the bar association investigate the reports that Crystal said she was not notified of the custody hearing, and found that she was notified? Could someone explain that to me?

I have not read the letter yet,but, I have to ask about who and what forum are was Kim talking about in regards to the sex offender?

Why should Crystal have to pay support for HaLeigh when she is missing? Better yet, what kind of man accepts money for a child he does not have? Sure hope hes putting it in a trust or account for Haleigh in the future, well, if DCF doesn't take away his remaining child-

Until HaLeighs found I am of the opinion that it is highly suspect and insensitive for Crystal to even ponder such matters within weeks of HaLeighs abduction. Obviously it was a windfall opportunity from the begining for Crystal.

Sad. Horrible.

Did the bar association investigate the reports that Crystal said she was not notified of the custody hearing, and found that she was notified? Could someone explain that to me?

The court records show she was served personally, I imagine they pulled the court file, viewed the affidavit of service etc

Sad. Horrible.

Yes. Kim reviewed the file from 2005 and found that CS was served properly and did not attend the hearing. So, when she claimed she was never served, that was a lie. Many of us knew that b/c we had posted the links showing that she had responded to paperwork Ron filed asking for custody. Can't respond if you haven't been served.

The bar reviewed that and found that to be accurate. I put that part of the letter up above.

Why should Crystal have to pay support for HaLeigh when she is missing? Better yet, what kind of man accepts money for a child he does not have? Sure hope hes putting it in a trust or account for Haleigh in the future, well, if DCF doesn't take away his remaining child-

Oh my goodness

He is taking care of the children and has been for most of their life. Is Haleigh dead?

What kind of man accepts money for a child that he doesn't have???? The kind that feeds the children and clothes the children and supports the children when no-one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa