NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

Now how could that be?

Can't say that it is the same for all states, but here in Cali, I was able to have gaurdianship of my neice for the sole purpose of attending school. My sis-in-law did not live in the best of neighborhoods and the schools were horrible. My neice lived with me her last two years of elementary (till her mother moved to a better area). I was not made a LEGAL guardian but did go to the school district and filled out paperwork to be considered a temporary guardian for the purpose of attending school. We had to renew the paperwork every year. I'm thinking this could be a possiblity.

I continually see talk about the use of crack by the perps, link please?
I dont have a link, this is just my opinion. Good lord they have to be strung out on something to do this dont they? Do you have a thought about drug use vs. non drug use? Please tell me that you dont think sober people pulled this off. Promise Im not being a smart azz, but somethings up

Let me just say this: poor doesn't equal filth. There is no excuse for living in filth. I have seen filth and was shocked that anyone I knew could possibly live like that. The girl was an LPN, husband worked at a very good job, 3 kids in school, new cars, etc. One step into the house and I gagged, literally gagged, in front of her and lied and said I was a little flu-ish. They put their cigarettes out on the floors on the house they were renting. The floors were as littered and dusty as a dirt road. There were coins thrown about, crumpled cigarette packs and used up match books, lighters, fast food wrappers and bags, 1/2 fill glasses with something scummy in them everywhere, dirty dishes that were piled everywhere, dead bugs, live bugs, holes in the walls, broken screens and windows, furniture full of stains, rips and burns, holes in shredded draperies, broken window blinds, dust and dirt and webs hanging from light fixtures. The new dining room table was set in china for display amongst piles of garbage bags that never saw the curb.

If you saw them on the street, you would never know. They were not poor, far from it. They weren't drug addicts either - both had professions that required drug screenings and they went to work everyday They just lived in filth.

As I got to know them, I found that they were violent with each other, insanely jealous and would go to great length to "mess" with the other in some odd game they played. I also came to understand there was some mental illness on both sides of the families and these 2 had been raised in truly dysfunctional homes by schizophrenics and criminals. Although they tried, they couldn't overcome their upbrining.

On the other hand, I have known very poor people who washed their children and their clothes in the river and hauled buckets of river water home to boil for cleaning the home and cooking nutritious meals from animals they hunted and vegetables they grew. Their parents preached to them that there was no shame in being poor, but great shame in being dirty. They worked hard and did the very best they could to raise their children properly. There was no domestic violence, they attended church regularly and all the children grew to be very kind and loving people who were also successful in life.

So, don't give me that they were too poor to provide a better living condition for themselves and their children.

Poor doesn't equal stupid, cruel or criminal either.

Poor people don't kill their kids just because they are poor or prostitute them for a loaf of bread.

Shaniya has at once captured my heart and broken it.

I thought it was said the hotel worker alerted LE and by the time they got there she was gone. I never heard that they checked in checked out, were seen in person or were just seen on camera. Please correct me if I have missed something

Police have stated they have video of them arriving and departing ...she was alive when leaving with MAM. They choose to only release three stills from those videos.

The car is a very good possibility.
It just bothers me that we have only seen the one report that he picked her up at the house. That's the type of thing you would expect all the outlets to pick up on.
I don't know who to listen to anymore.

If not his height, weight, hair or features (which are all distinguishable from Coe's IMO) surely they could make out model of the car itself seen pulling up.
:parrot:

If not his height, weight, hair or features (which are all distinguishable from Coe's IMO) surely they could make out model of the car itself seen pulling up.

Precisely. So why did they ever buy the Creatures story and arrest Coe?

I have a theory......here goes..mom and MAM had been out partying and had the child with them. While they were at the "party" the child was used as payment. When they returned home.. he left with the baby, she called 911 to make it look like a kidnapping...she couldn't go home because someone would find out, or she would tell about the activity she saw,so he took her and was supposed to either sell or kill...

Police have stated they have video of them arriving and departing ...she was alive when leaving with MAM. They choose to only release three stills from those videos.

Does the departing video show Shaniya alive or dead ,OR can they tell?:furious:

I am boggled by one little fact thing. It's eating me alive.
If they have video footage of the male figure dumping the blanket, then they must have video of someone leaving the park with Shaniya. So if they have footage, how did they ever buy the story about Coe? If the footage is too bad to determine Coe from McNeill, how can they state with such certainty that it was McNeill that picked her up?

When things like this become important to me, it's time for me to go to bed.
I questioned why they arrested Coe if they had footage of MAM dumping the blanket or leaving the mhp. But then I'm not sure they actually have that video from the mhp. Has that been reported, or is it just speculation? Regardless, they obtained the video from the motel that clearly showed MAM with Shaniyah, and report today stated that MAM admitted he picked her up in front of her home.

Can't say that it is the same for all states, but here in Cali, I was able to have gaurdianship of my neice for the sole purpose of attending school. My sis-in-law did not live in the best of neighborhoods and the schools were horrible. My neice lived with me her last two years of elementary (till her mother moved to a better area). I was not made a LEGAL guardian but did go to the school district and filled out paperwork to be considered a temporary guardian for the purpose of attending school. We had to renew the paperwork every year. I'm thinking this could be a possiblity.

I wish I knew for sure who was on her birth certificate because I would hope that person would have to be the one that enrolled her and had to present the birth certificate and show some ID even if someone else was given the guardian status.

They initially said they weren't sure, then changed that to alive. If there is no link to that by morning, I'll dig one up then.

Nite.

I wish I knew for sure who was on her birth certificate because I would hope that person would have to be the one that enrolled her and had to present the birth certificate and show some ID even if someone else was given the guardian status.

From what I understand the mother was the only one listed on the BC. It's been noted that Shaniya had her mother's last name and not her father's. I don't think any legal guardianship was ever given to the father or the aunt and that it was a verbal arrangement made by the mother and father that Shaniya stay with her father and subsequently raised by the Aunt as BL was out of town a lot.
I understand your point though...I'm not sure how they were able to enroll her into school without legal documentation such as a BC. :waitasec:

"Believe she's alive" or "alive" but nothing more. Someone correct me on the correct phrase. It been talked about in numerous threads but can't remember exact working.

wanted to add to my thoughts about the mom and MAM out partying...she said 'thats what time I put her back to bed" and Coe was not there he was sitting...so the two took the child went to some party.. the deal was made and she was sold....
I bet the skumbags told the child they were taking her to meet her aunt.

I find the most disturbing part of this hotel video is that based on the timeline...Shaniya was still alive when the 911 call was made. :furious::furious::furious:

Me too Dot...
12.gif
emoticon-0106-crying.gif

From what I understand the mother was the only one listed on the BC. It's been noted that Shaniya had her mother's last name and not her father's. I don't think any legal guardianship was ever given to the father or the aunt and that it was a verbal arrangement made by the mother and father that Shaniya stay with her father and subsequently raised by the Aunt as BL was out of town a lot.
I understand your point though...I'm not sure how they were able to enroll her into school without legal documentation such as a BC. :waitasec:

I don't think anyone here has seen the certificate. Theory is...this isn't a traditional couple filling out paperwork. If social services was involved, they may have pressed hard to have the father sign for reimbursement of services.

I find the most disturbing part of this hotel video is that based on the timeline...Shaniya was still alive when the 911 call was made. :furious::furious::furious:
Its sad sittin here in NC and knowing that she was alive and it was literally a blip on the news, until she was already most likely gone and Nancy Grace picked it up after momsterspermreceptacle got arrested. we all had such hope, and she was an hour or so away from me and we heard very very little. Dont want to second guess LE, and they were obviously saying they had no reason to think MAM would hurt her, his record doesnt reflect that blaze blaze blaze,to make him look gentle and give him a chance to let her go somewhere safetly, but now we know different, and to sit here LOCAL, and many other locals were/are here too, it makes me mad as hell
rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member