NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I just drove the short 4 min. drive over to the Comfort Suites on my lunch. Give me a few minutes while I pull the photos from my phone. Those photos were NOT taken in the lobby.

And I actually still have not stopped shaking knowing I was in the same elevator poor baby Shaniya was in as it was the only elevator in the hotel.

I can't imagine how that felt. Thank you so much for doing this!

WHat happened? the arrest warrants were up and have been yanked.

I suspect they are dropping some charges and upgrading some charges and adding new charges for some who haven't been charged yet.

Something is definately going on.

Hi folks,

I just drove the short 4 min. drive over to the Comfort Suites on my lunch. Give me a few minutes while I pull the photos from my phone. Those photos were NOT taken in the lobby.

And I actually still have not stopped shaking knowing I was in the same elevator poor baby Shaniya was in as it was the only elevator in the hotel.

Thank you thank you for being our on the scene sleuth. We are all there with you in spirit.

I only called it cocktail personality, because that's the diagnostic term. I have it, but not the bad way. Mine is a result of trauma, and I don't use it the way some people do (to fit and feel special and dupe those around them with lies) I try to control mine, but the father looks like he has an uncontrolled case.

I agree! And that makes sense to me, that it is much more manipulative in some cases--pathological actually--and not in others. Just thought it was a funny (cute) name for it lol. :crazy:

I was following this story but not as close as usual because I was in TO. Thanks for putting up with me.

Damn that is a nice looking place.

No worries doc, as I said it's hard to keep up w these fast-moving threads, and easy to miss info. Unfortunately that also makes it hard to relocate a post or link... but this is what we have for now.
:parrot:

Hi folks,

Thank you for doing this. I asked another question earlier and missed your answer. RE: the gated community McNeil drove past to leave Shaniyas body.
Are there cameras at the entrance?
About the new construction area: Due to vandalism/theft, most sites around here have cameras up along with BIG signs announcing it.
Do you know if there are cameras there also?

TIA

<respectfully snipped>
we have seen other cases where a single mom takes up with a guy without checking him out ....

The threads here are full of those cases. Seems like there are at least a couple of them posted a week. And boy do we go after the mom's that made those bad decisions. No one cares in those cases about hindsight and 20/20. We expect the mom's to make better decisions than they did. And rightfully so, IMO. So why should BL be treated any different?

Agreed. Bio-parents need to be responsible whom they "take up with" with regards to their child's welfare.

But, in this case it appears the bio-parent is the bad person. And IMO, bio-parents are the last defense for children. I feel sad for these children...

Hi folks,

It would be extremely upsetting to me too. :hug: It's very helpful to have this kind of info tho, so THANK YOU :heart:

:parrot:

I suspect they are dropping some charges and upgrading some charges and adding new charges for some who haven't been charged yet.

Something is definately going on.

Another thing I've been watching the news all morning and there has been NO mention of Shaniya. Very sad and frustrating...:banghead:

We are all welcome to our opinions. You did state it should be done afterwards, I got the impression that you meant that the rest of us were wrong for pursuing dad now. And that was what I was responding to and pointing out why it shouldn't wait till afterwards. I apologize if I misunderstood you.

And, wouldn't the person who put Shaniya in that position of being sold, raped, and murdered bear some responsibility as well? How Shaniya got to where she ended up is a priority for me, even though many don't feel that way.

If you care to look through my posts over the past year, you'll see that I am not one to tell anyone they're opinions are wrong. Maybe I should have worded it differently. I have no doubt Brad's life is being looked into already. I admit my opinion of him changed a bit when certain people jumped in front of the cameras to speak out about him, but i'm not going to base an opinion on a few accusations from people who probably have an axe to grind. We don't know much about their circumstances. If any charges with him are warranted, then so be it. If he ever abused Shaniya in any way (not suggesting he has) then let him hang with the rest of them.

He didn't put Shaniya in the position to be sold, raped, and murdered. He put her in the position to be cared for by her mother. Her mother put her in that position. I don't feel he was directly involved at all. That evil, uncaring, crackhead and whoever she sold her Daughter to are the ones who need to fry, IMO.

I can't remember where I read it,,,,, another vigil will be held tonight for Shaniya. It will be at the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park.

:(

I can't remember where I read it,,,,, another vigil will be held tonight for Shaniya. It will be at the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park.

:(

Wowser, that seems wierd to me. Not having a vigil but having it there? That was not her home, that was not the community that knew and loved her and that was probably a place that held not one single happy memory for her (if we who believe she was abused in one fashion or another from the day she arrived are correct.)

For some reason the idea of standing outside that trailer home of horrors with a lit candle in memory of that little angel makes my skin crawl a bit.

Just my own experience with my own little ones, but as soon as they get their costumes in the weeks before halloween they immediately want to try them on and traipse around in them in the days prior, right down to the bag/bucket :)

Yeah your right when my son was younger he would wear his costume until it wore out

Shaniya liked hanna banana montana (that what we call her at our house hehe). I can see her running around like my 7 yr old singing "you got the best of both worlds".

Breaks my heart. :-(

the brother stated that in the essence interview

Thank you for doing this. I asked another question earlier and missed your answer. RE: the gated community McNeil drove past to leave Shaniyas body.
Are there cameras at the entrance?
About the new construction area: Due to vandalism/theft, most sites around here have cameras up along with BIG signs announcing it.
Do you know if there are cameras there also?

TIA

There are cameras at the gate house but you have to drive a pretty good distance from highway 87 thus rendering them useless.

The construction area is strictly one single family home so there would not be cameras there either. When we first heard this rumor, we speculated maybe if he truly was so messed up that he couldn't remember where he left her, maybe he saw that place on the way out since it's just a quarter mile or less from the actual scene.

Uploading the hotel pics now ----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member