NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I think is significant. The Dad seemed to indicate in his video conference that DSS should have called him about AD. My question is why would DSS call him if they were not aware Shaniya was at AD's???

Is that trying to pass the buck?

I'm wondering if DSS was involved or Dad preferred to handle this alone. DSS would have been a great help in this situation especially if Momster knew they were watching her.

No doubt you and I would be screaming from the rooftops to DSS, LE anyone who would listen and checking on her and where she was. This did not happen with Dad. Aunt Carey probably wanted to do all those things but deferred to Dad. (Aunt Carey is who I empathize with the most.)

We look through a peephole at the life of a man who made decisions that have had terrible, heartbreaking consequences. If we could see through a huge bay window, we might understand his reasoning more. Not to say there would not still be poor decisions, but there could be extenuating circumstances.

We do not know all the particulars of the marriage, death of his wife, custody battles, and personal battles he may have gone through in the last 20 years. We do not know what past demons he may have had to overcome, personally and spiritually, to get where he is now.

I would hate for someone to take one small period of time in my evolution and place it under a microscope to be exposed for everyone to judge. I am a product today of all of my experiences, both good and bad, and all that I have learned from them. I believe that is true of all of us, including BL. Sometimes we make mistakes that hurt others, and all of the could have, should haves change nothing. All we can do is pray that we are forgiven and learn from the mistake. Is it enough? No, in some cases, it is not. It's just all that we have left.

I make no judgement on this man. I know he is in his own kind of hell right now, and he will never be the same. Shaniya is safe . Now let's get those who purposefully and with complete awareness caused this child suffering and death.

Hello group.long time lurker not often poster here........ What greatly bothers me are the ones who are choosing to place blame on this father. I seriously doubt that any one of us has been a perfect parent.....no matter how hard we try. That being said, I also seriously think that neither the father nor the aunt seen any of this coming. I would venture to guess that when the Aunt dropped her off.....she wasn't allowed inside and this was probably the general rule. the "mom" came outside and got her. With that being said.......even if she had been allowed inside, the Aunt had no rights. I honestly believe that everyone needs to back off dad on this one. How would any one of us feel being in his shoes? "Mom" had always been satisfied with having Shaniya for a couple of days once a month or whatever......who seen any of this coming? How could they? Who would ever assume that any Mother would put their child in harms way....intentionally! As far as his "dialect" what does it matter? I would certainly hope that if I were in his shoes, people would find, not the way I talk but my actions at that timeas who I am... not how I speak.

Dad might have made the decision to let Shaniya go there ( but I also think he had no choice, if he let Mom have her once per month..."Mom" never made any demands to keep her) you can bet your last dollar Dad deeply regrets letting her go......Let's place the blame where it should be and not on a Dad who is clearly suffering.....

ok back to Kims flying saucer to lurk

(bbm) Nothing compares w the hell Shaniya endured. And there is nothing I could see in a "bay window" which could ever justify--even from the outside--thinking this was a suitable place to leave a child. Nor which can possibly explain why one drops a child anywhere sight unseen--or where you could not go inside (save a court order which was never in place...) There simply isn't any justification for abandoning a child in this manner, to this druggie mom, and her creepy friends, at this filthy stinking trailer, in this high crime area. Just how much time does it take to drive over and check it out? How many children does one have to have to learn this?

The aunt even states specifically in her taped interview that she disliked and mistrusted AD due to 'the way she neglected her children.' It seems life experience had already proven this so Dad had to know too yet something--some higher priority evidently--caused them both to let her go and if he only agreed for two or three DAYS, that was plenty of time for her to be neglected AND abused, sold, raped and murdered. How many loved ones does one need to have lost before realizing it doesn't take that long. I don't let my daughter outside for five MINUTES w/out her 17 year-old bro or myself accompanying her. I don't need a microscope, I guess that's all the 'particulars' I need to know. JMO

I think it is totally irresponsible and ridiculous the way this dear child was sent into this sewage dump

One thing that struck me from the start was the reaction of LOCALS on the wral blog/comments....Sleepy Hollow is the worst, drug infested area ...it seems all the locals associate the name with drugs, crime

I think a lot of people move kids around out of convenience....they don't think...they assume it will be ok...maybe this sad story can help others to not do the same??

sorry...I have my own (logical) mind

and it tells me that this dear little girl's death could have so easily been prevented

"give her a chance"...well how about going in that trailer and seeing what sort of men/felons were there?? what about just some "visits" or supervised visits?? No...he sent her there

And this goes for other people who let kids stay overnight at a friends house...or single moms who just hook up with a guy and don't know his background...the "it'll be ok" attitude..is often just a selfish way of doing what they feel like doing and to h//lll with the kids

Agree once again w the questions you raise and the points you make. JMO

:parrot:

The reason I want a picture of it is because of that picture LOL I want to see what that number is for sure.

I have a really dumb question, but what is the "white" thing in the picture and the "black and white" object in the picture?

Lastly, I know I've ranted for awhile, but as a bi-racial person I took offense to the bi-racial question. Does it matter if all of his children are bi-racial? What is the significance of what race they are?

Thank you and AMEN.

Has it ever been said just where in Utah the father was working?

TIA
VB

Cummings? are you talking about the trailer little Haleigh lived in? From alll the video and pics I've seen it wasn't bad at all.:waitasec:

O/T little Haleigh's home was cleaned by the grandmother TN,,,remember,,,before we got to see actually what the inside looked like...The beds were made etc

This is something I think is significant. The Dad seemed to indicate in his video conference that DSS should have called him about AD. My question is why would DSS call him if they were not aware Shaniya was at AD's???

I'm wondering if DSS was involved or Dad preferred to handle this alone. DSS would have been a great help in this situation especially if Momster knew they were watching her.

No doubt you and I would be screaming from the rooftops to DSS, LE anyone who would listen and checking on her and where she was. This did not happen with Dad. Aunt Carey probably wanted to do all those things but deferred to Dad. (Aunt Carey is who I empathize with the most.)

Adding link for reference: http://www.wral.com/news/video/6441101/

When I saw the pic, I felt it was a #3, and the button was lite on the buttom to go down.
That is what I thought then someone said it was only 2 floors. Then I wondered if the fish eye lens could be distorting the number and it was a one making it look like a two. Just wish I knew if that was a going in or coming out picture for sure.

Your post respectfully snipped.

The threads here are full of those cases. Seems like there are at least a couple of them posted a week. And boy do we go after the mom's that made those bad decisions. No one cares in those cases about hindsight and 20/20. We expect the mom's to make better decisions than they did. And rightfully so, IMO. So why should BL be treated any different?

I think this is the best argument against that Dad I've read, and I completely agree.
If a mother abandons her child or leaves her in unsafe conditions, she can be arrested and charged for abandonment, neglect, and child endangerment. NO questions are asked about the Father unless he is living in the home. Men (and I use that term loosely) abandon their children all the time and may recieve child support orders but no jail time. Maybe if the courts/law/society started holding father's more accountable and responsible for their children...they'll be less fatherless children. (Generally Speaking)

The reason I want a picture of it is because of that picture LOL I want to see what that number is for sure.

Hi Dr.

I had enlarged and cleaned up the picture of the elevator as best I could in my digital image software and posted it here although I'm not sure which page...lemme go see if I can find it.

From my eyes, I saw the two buttons on the panel in front of the elevator and it was the bottom button that was lit.
On the side jamb of the elevator doors the number, at least to me, looked like a 3.
~~~~~~~~
Here it is, I hope.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4449451#post4449451"]Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #13 - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
9e3760a6.jpg

That is what I thought then someone said it was only 2 floors. Then I wondered if the fish eye lens could be distorting the number and it was a one making it look like a two. Just wish I knew if that was a going in or coming out picture for sure.

The OTHER hotel has 2 floors, I thought Comfort Suites has 4. It sure looks taller than two stories.

IIRC, it was stated 4 floors. But this was someone that called the hotel and asked. Can't verify it one way or another.

Concerning the elevator--if you go back a few threads--someone inverted the picture to the opposite direction and you can see plain as day that it's an L on the elevator. I'm not used to threads being only 25 pages long or so---so it could be back quite a few threads lol. But it was amazing how well you could see it when it was flipped. Thanks to whoever posted it at the time!

This is not directed at anyone in particular but I WISH people would stop repeating this 'idea' that AD had at some time been a babysitter for BL's kids....from what I understand that was nothing more than something originally posted by a BLOGGER somewhere else and has NEVER been substantiated anywhere.

:waitasec: Sorry...I was chatting with a poster last night who mentioned that it was "reported". Guess I should have asked for a link to the article.:doh:

I don't remember who did it, but a member did a flip of the photo and cleaned it up, it's an L very, very clearly if you do it that way. And the picture could be reversed, the way it was sent out to the media.

I'm so sorry, I don't remember who did it.

Concerning the elevator--if you go back a few threads--someone inverted the picture to the opposite direction and you can see plain as day that it's an L on the elevator. I'm not used to threads being only 25 pages long or so---so it could be back quite a few threads lol. But it was amazing how well you could see it when it was flipped. Thanks to whoever posted it at the time!

But the light on the bottom for the elevator was lite and the top button wasn't lite.

Shaniya has the same last name as AD. We don't know if BL is listed on her birth certificate as the father do we? Since their custody of Shaniya was something they worked out between themselves there are no legal custody papers that we know of. We don't know if DSS has Shaniya listed as a child of AD's do we? Or if DSS has BL listed as a parent of Shaniya! DSS's investigation was about AD and her 7 year old son-Shaniya was apparently not involved. Would DSS know to contact BL?:waitasec:

I only saw one light, then I saw two. I hate that elevator. Just that one particular elevator.
Or maybe I hate the low res. security cameras.

I'm so dam confused, I don't even know who I hate.

We really need a presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member