NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the DSS investigation, I'm having flashbacks of the Anthony case. LE Eric Edwards with his calendar trying to nail down timelines.

Police dogs used to search the hotel room McNeil took Shaniya to picked up Shaniya's scent on a towel found in the room, but no other evidence of Shaniya was found there.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2413670/shaniya_a_young_life_interrupted.html?cat=49

I stand corrected. We have heard about towels.

FYI: associatedcontent is not a reputable news source. Anyone can write and publish articles on this site. This information may be correct but it is probably best to take the information with a grain of salt.

I'm not trying to question what you believe.
But saying that, how can we question what he believes. He's not the only person on the earth that thinks that way.
And as a Christian, he was taught to forgive. I think he is struggleing with that now, but I think in his heart he thinks he must forgive and leave the wrath to God.
That's what I was taught. No, I don't think I could do it after my 5 year old was sold and murdered, but that is what I was taught we should do in all situations.

I realize that forgiveness is a big part of Christianity, but there are many stages of grief, and it seems odd to me that he has already reached the "forgiveness" stage. It seems at this early stage he might be in the "thirsting for revenge" stage, but perhaps he is more evolved than most, or as you say, he is taking strength from his Christian beliefs. I don't understand why he doesn't display anger, but he could be very angry inside, but doesn't show it. He seems a little too eager to depict what happened to Shaniya as part of God's will, and that concerns me. I believe Shaniya's death could have been prevented.

I thought if the girl in the video was Carey's daughter she would have been comforting Carey not BL.

I drove myself mad all day Sunday looking for some kind of caption to that picture that stated the names and/or relationship of those 3. nada. zip. I was peeved. lol

I think we're seeing someone with the ability to change his outward personality based on surroundings. Not necessarily a bad thing - good salesmen have that knack.

I suspect he has enormous guilt feelings like other players in this tragedy.

I don't know about any guilt yet, he said in one article he could not see anything he could have done different.

I realize that forgiveness is a big part of Christianity, but there are many stages of grief, and it seems odd to me that he has already reached the "forgiveness" stage. It seems at this early stage he might be in the "thirsting for revenge" stage, but perhaps he is more evolved than most, or as you say, he is taking strength from his Christian beliefs. I don't understand why he doesn't display anger, but he could be very angry inside, but doesn't show it. He seems a little too eager to depict what happened to Shaniya as part of God's will, and that concerns me. I believe Shaniya's death could have been prevented.

BBM. I've known people like that. No matter what happens, it's all "God's will". I finally got wise and figured out what it really means is "I take no responsibility for anything. Whatever happens is God's will and nothing to do with me. Don't look at ME, it's all a plan beyond my puny little self."

I'm flabbergasted that this man actually said that God did this. WHAT? Why on earth would God arrange for one of his children to be raped and murdered and thrown off the side of the road like trash? MAN did this, BL. Not God. God abhors the rape and murder of children. Or anybody.

Unbelievable the things people will tell themselves to avoid all responsibility.

Hmmm... are you sure he was in Desert Storm? If so, that was early 1990s. :waitasec: Just wondering if that was mentioned somewhere - thanks!

Yes I read it in many places - but not the year that he supposedly was there.
Anyone have a link to his Desert Storm service.?

I've noticed that the Lockhart name isn't mentioned in any LE/DSS statements; only Davis. IMO - no official record of Brad being associated with Shaniya.

I think the whole judge not is being misunderstood. Each day, we judge and make decisions on many things. In this case, if we had known what this child was being sent to, we would have judged not to send her. We would have judged that we although not wishing any bad will would not want to befriend AD. We wouldn't want to meet her friends or attend anything she was hosting. Thats not wrong. If we knew she was a drug user, we would be encouraged to forgive, but to use our brains and stay far away. Judge not in my opinion would mean that AD wanted to repent, she had set standards and was trying to live by them. She had reached out to people to help her on her journey, was gainfully employed, attending church and seeking to clean her life from top to bottom. This wasn't the case though. I don't judge AD for AD, I judge her because her decisions ended in the death of her precious child. That judgement allows me to understand that under no circumstances was she a decent person to leave any child with. I am praying for the full brunt of the law to step in and end her association on this earth with any other human being.

I have seen the question about the Ex Wife that was killed in 1998. They got divorced in 1996 per court records and she retained custody until her death. Then her parents took BL to court and got custody it was about a 2 year battle and a very ugly one.
I did not know that, Thank you.

BBM. I've known people like that. No matter what happens, it's all "God's will". I finally got wise and figured out what it really means is "I take no responsibility for anything. Whatever happens is God's will and nothing to do with me. Don't look at ME, it's all a plan beyond my puny little self."

I'm flabbergasted that this man actually said that God did this. WHAT? Why on earth would God arrange for one of his children to be raped and murdered and thrown off the side of the road like trash? MAN did this, BL. Not God. God abhors the rape and murder of children. Or anybody.

Unbelievable the things people will tell themselves to avoid all responsibility.

BINGO!!! I couldnt have said it any better!

I'm not trying to question what you believe.
But saying that, how can we question what he believes. He's not the only person on the earth that thinks that way.
And as a Christian, he was taught to forgive. I think he is struggling with that now, but I think in his heart he thinks he must forgive and leave the wrath to God.
That's what I was taught. No, I don't think I could do it after my 5 year old was sold and murdered, but that is what I was taught we should do in all situations.
Everyone has been taught to forgive..Not only Christians.
what does not make sense to me...Is this was so brutal, and done by someone who knew them...
the first reaction in addition to pain is rage....Where is that??? Forgiveness usually comes after if and when it does come...but it is not natural for it to come so fast. WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE! ?

I wonder if this review of DSS is going to be "we need to make sure we didn't violate any of own policies so we can cover our collective buttocks", or "we need to find out wth was going on in that trailer to Shaniya during those last few weeks of her life during which nobody seems to have seen her or talked to her".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid