NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were my thoughts exactly while watching this funeral. I understand celebrating the homecoming of the elderly or perhaps one who has suffered chronic illness and battled sickness. But to me there is no reason in celebrating the tragic murder and rape of a 5 year old girl who should be snuggling with her favorite stuffed animal tonight in the comfort of her own bed. A little girl who should be making friends in kindergarten and giggling on the playground during recess. Shaniya is in a better place now but it was not her time IMO and most certainly not the way for her to die. JMO. where is the outrage over what has been done to this precious baby? It breaks my heart.

The lack of outrage floors me also. To me it seems the primary concern of the family members is to deflect responsibility and make themselves look good. Otherwise, why would they be going on Oprah and other programs, instead of dealing privately with their grief? Blaming God for an innocent child's rape and murder is certainly convenient for someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions and is most concerned about his image. Poor Shaniya was failed by the adults in her life except for the ones who offered to take her in when BL was so eager to consign her to that trash heap of druggies and felons in Sleepy Hollow.

OK, I understand ~ but what I'm thinking is doesn't the fact that Shaniya's aunt couldn't do anything about AD not returning Shaniya to her have more to do with the lack of a custody/guardianship agreement than DSS? MOO

I agree 100%.

Very likely she was thinking <hoping> Shaniya would never be found and that she and MAM would never be implicated. How was she to know MAM would show up on video at the hotel? And buckle under pressure and tell where she was?

And very likely, Shaniya would NEVER have been found if someone (MAM) hadn't told where she was. Even after he did tell, it was blind luck the dog team found her. The rest of the searchers had already passed her by.

Agree, I too think we're trying to make sense of a lot of things that either were never planned, or just unforseen and went wrong w the hairbrained scheme he had. I still reserve opinion on whether the mother had foreknowledge of Shaniya's murder as even I grapple w accepting this... Like we've said, I need to see what evidence LE has against AD before I can make that leap. They've yet to charge AD w her daughter's murder--and I am wondering why they're dragging their feet, unless they are reconsidering the original charges of abusing and selling her daughter...? :confused:

:parrot:

BBM. I know, right? Blame God, blame the devil, blame anyone but ME!!!

All that is, is excuses all the way around. Not my fault. Blame God or the devil or DSS or whoever else is handy at the moment. All it really is, is passing the buck. And dad is doing it in spades.

Also, Take it out into the community to stop those that don't know any better? And expecting DSS to have a crystal ball? Well he knew better than anyone else. And yet, for BL the buck does not stop with him. It's everyone elses responsibility to take care of unpleasant crap. He simply doesn't want to be bothered with it.

Closing this thread.... Please continue [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4478660#post4478660"]Here[/ame]

Did they know he was the dad?

Don't think so. If it has any relevance to the case, they'll ask him to take a paternity test.

I think enrolling Shaniya in school prompted the move back to AD. Up until this point, everything was loosey goosey. She was under everyone's radar. But once she entered school, the school requires medical history, shots, emergency numbers, social security #, and structure meaning a child is at school everyday. He may not have wanted that responsibility - would mean going to court. I have a sneaky suspicion everyone around Shaniya didn't want the courts/DSS to get involved for some reason.

Also, Take it out into the community to stop those that don't know any better? And expecting DSS to have a crystal ball? Well he knew better than anyone else. And yet, for BL the buck does not stop with him. It's everyone elses responsibility to take care of unpleasant crap. He simply doesn't want to be bothered with it.

BBM. Exactly. And never did. Even now, it's "God's" responsibility.

As I recall I really don't remember alot of rage at Caylee's funeral either !! Just saying hummmmmmmmmmmmm

You know I just watched BL's "gait" from the funeral video and I think it might just be an emotion thing, granted I didn't have the audio up to get the whole effect. I have limited sympathy for the guy, as a parent you have a fundamental responsibility to the health and welfare of your children, it trumps your job and lovelife. He violated this and unfortunately Shaniya paid the price.

This probably won't be popular nor well received by some... but the irony is that in this blameshifting, victimhood culture in which we live, if we continue shirking our responsibilities long enough... or are persistent in our negligence to such an extent that "tragedy strikes..." we then become the ultimate victim--albeit largely a result of our own doing--but afforded victims' rights status all the same and of course protected as such on the boards. I told you it might not go over well but hey don't hate... I gotta keep it real for the real victims'--the children's--sake...

:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member