FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
4mernaybor, I don't think we're supposed to post comments from other places ... maybe you can leave the link but pull the rest?

I'm not 100% sure on that but will try to find out.

BBM

Sorry to quote a post from so long ago that none of us might remember the context in which it was posted. But it is relevant, and it is unsettling.

Noway - I agree with you - DT doesn't strike me as clever enough, either, if cleverness is a trait that is required in this crime.

But someone else might think they are clever enough. Someone else at that same location, at that same time, on that same day.

Someone who was named in the MPR as being in the area.

Just so everyone knows - I'm NOT referring to a minor who was also in that vicinity.

I'm referring to only 1 other individual who can be placed at that location at that same time/day, per the MPR.

And, no, I'm not referring to SP, either.

I don't even want to post this. But every other idea, half-baked lead, piece of info, speculation, has led nowhere.

Who would be capable of fooling LE? Who would have the required knowledge in order to mislead the investigation?

What could be more horrible (or at least as horrible) as a parent (or other family member) murdering their own child, so much so that LE hasn't come forward with updates in terms of viable suspects? LE has more or less cleared all RSOs in a 5 mile radius.

Why the silence?

As I said, I don't even want to post this or suggest this. But who is trusted as much as if not more than mothers/fathers/family members, in the minds of the community?

And if that trust were broken...

I was trying to ask the same thing in a round a bout way. And about someone in a position of trust that may live in the community....or minor family members....idk. I know this has been somewhat sleuthed.

4mernaybor, I don't think we're supposed to post comments from other places ... maybe you can leave the link but pull the rest?

I'm not 100% sure on that but will try to find out.

Sorry I just was worried and wanted to let her know asap...It was still fresh in my head when I started reading about the phone calls and FB messages....that's just creepy.

4mer.naybor

This is exactly in the writing style of that website I was talking about-the disgruntled former WS banned members. I am sure that is who is writing this stuff.

4mer.naybor

This is exactly in the writing style of that website I was talking about-the disgruntled former WS banned members. I am sure that is who is writing this stuff.

i didn't know that there was more than one....yikes.....at any rate I edited my comment just in case.

Good point.

Was all that for show and the real investigation was going on somewhere else?

Baffling.

Hi Noway, evenin' all
I actually think that has merit, contrarian that I am. I could very well see that as the case. Major media breathing down their necks and LE wanting to keep things tight, I could very well imagine that being the case. I have a different crime scene in mind, anyway. Because it WAS the last place she was reported seen, it would be acceptable to media and onlookers as an obvious place to be looking. While the real investigation was taking place away from the cameras. Another brilliant tactic by LE. They didn't want the perps to know what they were up to in their sleuthing either, which I can appreciate.

This is my first in depth murder investigation as it happened. I of course have looked into JFK, RFK, MLK, MM. JBR etc, after the fact. I am usually looking into intl intrigues and real cloak and dagger stuff so my methods are very conspiratorial minded when secrecy is involved. In this case, LE has a NEED to keep their info close to the vest.

I'm wondering if the yard of the burnt house was dug in because cadaver dogs hit there. Or, if disturbed ground was found maybe they were looking for what was buried. I hate to think of a kid doing something this horrible, but troubled teens could kill animals, set fires, then move on to humans. Could there be missing animals in the neighborhood and maybe suspicion now as to the cause of the fire?

Hi Noway, evenin' all
I actually think that has merit, contrarian that I am. I could very well see that as the case. Major media breathing down their necks and LE wanting to keep things tight, I could very well imagine that being the case. I have a different crime scene in mind, anyway. Because it WAS the last place she was reported seen, it would be acceptable to media and onlookers as an obvious place to be looking. While the real investigation was taking place away from the cameras. Another brilliant tactic by LE. They didn't want the perps to know what they were up to in their sleuthing either, which I can appreciate.

This is my first in depth murder investigation as it happened. I of course have looked into JFK, RFK, MLK, MM. JBR etc, after the fact. I am usually looking into intl intrigues and real cloak and dagger stuff so my methods are very conspiratorial minded when secrecy is involved. In this case, LE has a NEED to keep their info close to the vest.

Wouldn't a fake investigation be a little on the pricey side, though? They spent a long time there.

Any hints to your alternate site?

Well, I didn't find anything exact on the rule (why is it that I can never find [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]rules[/ame] when I want to, even when I have a link?)

Wouldn't a fake investigation be a little on the pricey side, though? They spent a long time there.

Any hints to your alternate site?

My understanding is that there were around 9-10 investigators assigned to the dump to sift through a dump area the size of a football field, ( so we are told). What expense to have a few walk across the street from the LE command center at the park and look through the dumpster. There was a real chance that other evidence could have been placed there. So certainly worth a look see. But, it was not the crime scene, in my mind. And if it served as a distraction for the media in the process, all the better.

The place I have in mind was mentioned awhile back just in passing. I am going to google maps and take a closer look again. I'll get back to you.

I'm too lazy right now to look for the source, but I heard (on video) that there were 50 investigators assigned to this case full time.

I don't know whether this was before she was found or after she was found or whether those numbers changed.

ETA
Okay, I'm listening to videos again. Will let you know if/when I find it and the context in which it was said.

My understanding is that there were around 9-10 investigators assigned to the dump to sift through a dump area the size of a football field, ( so we are told). What expense to have a few walk across the street from the LE command center at the park and look through the dumpster. There was a real chance that other evidence could have been placed there. So certainly worth a look see. But, it was not the crime scene, in my mind. And if it served as a distraction for the media in the process, all the better.

The place I have in mind was mentioned awhile back just in passing. I am going to google maps and take a closer look again. I'll get back to you.

There were quite a few people there and they were there for hours.

Thinking on the Gano house.

1. The reporter calls Kyle.

2. Why does LE go to the Gano house in the first place?

3. Did Kyle call LE and tell them he had talked to Somer?

4. Or did the reporter call Kyle after LE focuses on Gano?

5. Other than Kyle, that we know of , no one saw her go to Gano.

6. Could it be in fact that soot was found on Somer and construction debris as well? Otherwise, why go to Gano in the first place?

According to First Coast News, I think October 23 they brought in a digger at 11:30 PM Thursday and left at 1:00 AM.

I think I saw pictures of them there in the daytime , though, taking things out of the dumpster.

Does anyone know if there was a story of them taking things out of the dumpster in the daytime?

I also think the house on Gano isn't the crime scene, I don't think she ever made it that far, but I would imagine LE would be very thorough in any potential crime scene in this case. They could have been looking for cigarette butts or empty drink containers in the hope they may have DNA or fingerprints on them. I also think the house would have been covered from top to bottom, to make sure it wasn't the primary crime scene.

God help them if the perp's defense attny would say something like- "there was an empty house just up the street where a convicted SO once worked. How can you be sure nothing happened there???"

As far as the digging? I think it's plausible it was a misdirection.
When children are murdered LE is going to look and investigate everything- if only so they have their *advertiser censored**es covered.

MOO, as usual.
Appreciating All.
Snuf

I'm too lazy right now to look for the source, but I heard (on video) that there were 50 investigators assigned to this case full time.

I don't know whether this was before she was found or after she was found or whether those numbers changed.

ETA
Okay, I'm listening to videos again. Will let you know if/when I find it and the context in which it was said.

Right?! So 9 at the dump + 6 on the dumpster = 35 or more LE investigating, somewhere else!

Well, it's not a video but at least this lowers the chances I had an auditory hallucination. This was early in the case; don't know about after Somer was found.

Police have worked their way through many of the 651 leads called into the tip line, with another 231 leads still to be assigned to the more than 50 law enforcement officials working the case around the clock.

http://www.somerthompsonbenefit.com/

I also think the house on Gano isn't the crime scene, I don't think she ever made it that far, but I would imagine LE would be very thorough in any potential crime scene in this case.

BBM. She did make it there because Kyle said she went in the gate and around. Whatever that means.

I also think the house on Gano isn't the crime scene, I don't think she ever made it that far, but I would imagine LE would be very thorough in any potential crime scene in this case.

BBM. She did make it there because Kyle said she went in the gate and around. Whatever that means.

Yes- according to Kyle. Considering no one knows who Kyle is, I don't take that as evidence.

Like I said, JMOO.
Snuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members