WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLDCASEMAN:

has John Katsilieris been ruled out?

also, does CODIS continually search and attempt to match DNA profiles, or does an investigator have to request an updated search periodically? what is the scope of CODIS? only sex offenders, etc.?

thank you,
Kam

insomnia, good answer!!

paranoid? changing rooms and putting a blanket over the window could indicate that he was trying to hide from someone, or thing. only problem with that is he was seen outside of the room pacing in the road. maybe the noise was inside his head? schizophrenic? drugs?

I think I read somewhere that the other guests at the hotel didn't remember him

FWIW I never heard back from Grays Harbor on John.

Is he even on the Namus website? I just looked, because sometimes they have lists of ruleouts, but I couldn't even find him:waitasec:

I looked too, it appears he isn't on there. Ugh, frustrating. Im going to email the detective handling his case and suggest it.

I'm new here to Websleuths. I had to join because I'm "haunted" by Lyle. Since I heard about his story I haven't been able to forget it. He actually died on my birthday Sept 16th, and I also live in Idaho, so i feel connected somehow.

I've read thru most of the posts and have seen many people be excluded. You guys are very thorough in your search. I believe he's Indian. I live about 30 mins from an Indian Reservation, the Blackfoot tribe. They are VERY PRIVATE in all aspects of their lives, so I imagine other tribes are as well. I doubt he was ever reported missing, which is why he's gone so long with out being identified.

If there's anything i can do to help, please let me know. I will be doing some research of my own and will post if I find anything out.

Good work you guys!

He really resembles my friend who is Blackfoot as well.... I have been trying to research that area but, as you said, rarely are reported missing :(

Another thing, is the running theory that he is most likely from Canada and perhaps took the ferry from Canada to Port Angeles, took the bus south?

I wonder if he was declared dead, but no body found. In that case, he could still be Lyle. Sorry. I'm not very computer-savvy. Wasn't sure how to quote a previous post.

RESPONSE TO BELOW:
Same name and DOB, says he passed away in 1998...

http://tiny.cc/b9AnT
Yesterday 06:25 PM

Also, I am new to this forum and joined because of Lyle. I just feel like somehow he should be able to be identified. I was sure he was Jon Depatie, but saw in an earlier post that he was ruled out. I also wonder about David Abramovitz. The ears are off, but the timing and general description seem to fit. Also, Abramovitz was possibly suicidal. Just a thought.

www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/abramovitz_david.html - Cached

Out of the dark: Thanks for clarifying re: Abramovitz. I'm still not through the whole thread, but I am struck by all of the amazing work you all have done! I saw that rmf (I believe) did some fascinating research on native americans and suicide, particularly the dineh. Given their avoidance of discussing suicide, I wonder if that explains why Lyle was not reported missing (if, in fact, he is native american). Has anyone contacted the tribal police? They are typically tribal members and so might take more of an interest in finding answers. They obviously would have connections within the various tribes and could ask around to try to ID Lyle. I would be happy to do this if it hasn't already been done.
I also think Lyle could be mediterranean, European or a Heinz 57. He looks remarkably like a friend of mine from Morocco. I don't think we should rule out any possibility and proceed with an open mind.
I would just echo others who have posted and caution against relying too much on photos to ID him. People can look very different in photos. I would also note that it is difficult to rely on skin tone after death. We have very different coloring when our blood is no longer flowing!

I found a guy on DN whose physical statistics closely matched Lyle's, and his age in 2001 was around one of the estimated ages for Lyle

Out of the Dark - Wow!! That's great!! Can you post the link or give info? I am almost caught up with the whole thread. I haven't finished Thread 2 or 3 yet, but am done with the others. You've been here from day 1. I admire your tenacity. :woohoo:

Coldcaseman: I just read about some new testing they can do where they can look at a hair and tell where a person has lived throughout their lives. It has something to do with the content of the water and how it deposits in the hair. So they could tell where you were raised, where you lived most recently, at least in what region you lived. Obviously, I don't really know a lot about this, but I wondered if any of Lyle's hair was saved from the post-mortem and how much this testing would cost. I'm sure you don't have a huge budget for this kind of testing, but I wondered if it might even be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288