The red rose - revisited

After Steph's blog, this comment was posted and I saved it because I wondered the same:
" Posted August 28, 2009 09:19 PM
RE: Link

I have several questions..

How would she know about this location..
How would she know about the rose, is it significant?
How does she know this area wasn't searched well?

(BBM 30 DEC 2009)

How about this B-
Here's several answers....

1. Misty would know about this location if she knew this was Haleigh's final resting spot/or if something of Haleigh's was put there.

2. Misty knew about the rose because either she or someone close to her
put it there in remembrance of Haleigh.

3. Misty KNOWS this area wasn't searched well because THEY DIDN'T FIND
HALEIGH.

MHO

I just don't think Misty would've sent them back out there if she didn't think Haleigh could be found. Can you imagine Misty telling ES, after one failed search, "no...you need to go back out there and look for the rose."
Why would she do that? They didn't find Haleigh that's why she knew the area had not been searched well...and imo, that's where Haleigh has been all along. Misty knows it.

Someone needs to get back out there like yesterday!

1z6zbj7.jpg

According to several news sources, while Misty was undergoing and completely failing the battery of tests being administered, she made a comment that indicated she may know where to search for Haleigh. She told investigators they needed to double-check a patch of ground marked by a single plastic rose. “She said there was a place that was not searched very well and that we should look for a red rose, and she gave us the location,” said Steph Watts, who recorded the sessions for EquuSearch. “We went and we looked, and we found it, and the next day we took Putnam County investigators back there,” Watts said. “I don’t think they are going to dig where the rose is and find the body, but the fact that they went with us shows that they are following up on every lead.” EquuSearch is making plans to return to the area in the near future.
So what are they doing? Waiting for Roy Kronk to go find her body? Seriously, if Misty said to look for a red rose, and TM/Equusearch found a red rose, and TM then reported the findings to LE, and LE did not search further, and TM didn't raise a stink about it, then I'd say something is very wrong in Putnam County. Poor little Haleigh will never receive justice.

I know someone on here is computer savvy and can put those locations on a map for us. Concerned Papa? Debs? Anyone?

Really would like to see those

The "Scrub Note's" directions leading to a search on September 28th were:

Check the back of father’s mobile home. From the right end of the mobile home extending out continue for 540 yards straight. At that point go north 12 yards. Dig 2-3 feet, will strike metal covering an old well, check inside, black plastic garbage bag.

http://news.staugustine.com/news/2009/09/29/‘mystery-letter’-leads-nowhere/

The August 29th search based on Misty's "look for a rose" was centered at the Murphy's Creek Conservation entrance gate on Buffalo Bluff.

searchphotos3sisters021.jpg

The image below locates the entrance to the Murphy's Creek gate as well as the 540 yard point from both ends of the trailer. FWIW, the Murphy's Creek gate is 1,609 yards "as the crow flies" from the front door of the trailer.

Searching1.jpg

Thank you for the photos, map, and reiteration of Scrubs' boss' note.

Until just now, I had it in my mind that it was 540 yards in back of, or pretty much N/NE of Ron's old m/h. Thanks for illustrating the vagaries of his directions.

I still cannot believe the identities of both Scrubs and her "gifted" boss have not been revealed. Pretty remarkable, you must admit.

I just don't think Misty would've sent them back out there if she didn't think Haleigh could be found. Can you imagine Misty telling ES, after one failed search, "no...you need to go back out there and look for the rose."
Why would she do that? They didn't find Haleigh that's why she knew the area had not been searched well...and imo, that's where Haleigh has been all along. Misty knows it.

Someone needs to get back out there like yesterday!

I agree, someone needs to go back out there and check the area out inch by inch.
I would like to know if Misty was hooked up to the LVA-LD when she spoke of the rose and location and what were the results. If she showed no deception when she spoke of the area and the rose then why is nobody out there searching?
If I were family I would demand that LE/FBI search the area thoroughly and I would search the area myself inch by inch.

Anyone know if Misty was hooked up to the LVA-LD when she spoke of the Red Rose and Location?

grrrr... I hate it when I spend 10 minutes trying to compose a decent msg and it goes *poof*.

I think only Tim Miller, Ron, and Misty could tell you where that Rose was.

jmo - it was all b/s from the get-go. Tim Miller knew it, PCSO knew it, and (most especially JMO) Ron Cummings knew it. I don't know if MIsty had a clue if it was fact or fiction.

So what are they doing? Waiting for Roy Kronk to go find her body?

I'm gonna rename you m.c. Hammer, girl! You hit the nail on the head right there.

The whole KC fiasco has forever changed the way missing child cases will be handled. Not a good thing, imo.

I agree, someone needs to go back out there and check the area out inch by inch.
I would like to know if Misty was hooked up to the LVA-LD when she spoke of the rose and location and what were the results. If she showed no deception when she spoke of the area and the rose then why is nobody out there searching?
If I were family I would demand that LE/FBI search the area thoroughly and I would search the area myself inch by inch.

Anyone know if Misty was hooked up to the LVA-LD when she spoke of the Red Rose and Location?

No she was not hooked up. TM states that it was after the fact, she sort of mentioned it.

grrrr... I hate it when I spend 10 minutes trying to compose a decent msg and it goes *poof*.

I think only Tim Miller, Ron, and Misty could tell you where that Rose was.

jmo - it was all b/s from the get-go. Tim Miller knew it, PCSO knew it, and (most especially JMO) Ron Cummings knew it. I don't know if MIsty had a clue if it was fact or fiction.

I knew where the ROSE was and I went to where the ROSE was....

it was near SS's rabbit

The "Scrub Note's" directions leading to a search on September 28th were:

The August 29th search based on Misty's "look for a rose" was centered at the Murphy's Creek Conservation entrance gate on Buffalo Bluff.

searchphotos3sisters021.jpg

The image below locates the entrance to the Murphy's Creek gate as well as the 540 yard point from both ends of the trailer. FWIW, the Murphy's Creek gate is 1,609 yards "as the crow flies" from the front door of the trailer.

Searching1.jpg

It looks like you would have to cross the railroad tracks to get to the rose. It's weird how they lost Haleigh's scent at the railroad tracks.

It looks like it is a wooded area. Are there any homes near where the rose was found? Imo, Haleigh is there they just didn't find her. Hell, the rose was found under some branches I wonder what is Haleigh up under? :waitasec:

The day that "rose" story came out, i thought for sure they would have found HaLeigh that day.

The thing that has always bothered me with the rose, is it had to have some meaning.

How would Misty know where the rose is, IF she or someone in the Croslin/Cummings clan didn't plant it there?

Of course the rose make sense, b/c it would almost be like a make shift memorial, only for those involved to visit, b/c only they know where it is.

Why was the rose where it was found? Is this another attempt to derail the investigation?

I had asked when the rose stuff broke, why LE didn't start digging? I was told the ground was probed. To me, if i were the parent of a missing child and the last known person to see her offers up this info, i would have bull dosers all and sorts of equipment ripping up that ground. JMO

I am one who truly believes that the rose stood for something and could very well be placed on top of Haleigh's buried body.

chesterp, can you tell us a little bit about the area the rose was found in? Is it past the railroad tracks from the mh on Green ln?

It's weird how the rose looks like it was found past the railroad tracks (info provided by Misty), there was a sighting of a red truck sitting near the railroad tracks that night (who all has access to a red vehicle?), and the dogs lost Haleigh's scent at the railroad tracks. WEIRD......But important if you ask me.

The fact that this info was given by Misty after she took her test and failed, makes me wonder why she did give this info during the test? Because it was a Lie? Or was it kind of like "if you want to find Haleigh-LOOK FOR THE ROSE?

i don not believe that it was a lie because if it was, TES would not have found the rose at all after being giving directions from Misty. The fact that they found it where Misty said it would be, says alot. If Misty did not offer up an explanation for providing that info, that tells me that there was no need for an explanation-THAT'S WHERE HALEIGH IS.
Why else would she send them back out there although they had already checked the area to look for this rose.

2+2 still equals 4, doesn't it?

The fact that this info was given by Misty after she took her test and failed, makes me wonder why she did give this info during the test? Because it was a Lie? Or was it kind of like "if you want to find Haleigh-LOOK FOR THE ROSE?

i don not believe that it was a lie because if it was, TES would not have found the rose at all after being giving directions from Misty. The fact that they found it where Misty said it would be, says alot. If Misty did not offer up an explanation for providing that info, that tells me that there was no need for an explanation-THAT'S WHERE HALEIGH IS.
Why else would she send them back out there although they had already checked the area to look for this rose.

2+2 still equals 4, doesn't it?

BBM :)

always does in my book, but with someone with a middle school education, it might not :crazy::crazy:

I'm gonna rename you m.c. Hammer, girl! You hit the nail on the head right there.

The whole KC fiasco has forever changed the way missing child cases will be handled. Not a good thing, imo.

Then again.....it could be a good thing. There should be protocol followed that entails LE and the search teams working "together" so that one hand knows what the other is doing especially in a case where foul play is suspected.

What areas were searched, what the terrain conditions were on that day, how much terrain was "able" to be covered and all signed off by LE as their personnel should accompany each team that goes out, not all standing around kibittzing about their training, their gf's or locker room talk. Also, with each LE Dept., it should be clear that the search organizations that are brought in should not be dictated to as to where they can search and where they can't. If anything, it should be policed as to WHO searches. These weekend warrior people are doing nothing but trudging through terrain that potentially has all the clues but without the proper background info of the case likely are doing more harm than good......this is IMO. The pro's that have been doing this for years and nothing but this for years have the stats according to their own experiences as to how, where and when to search for a more likely successful find. It should be a joint effort.

I would like to add that the vegetation in Florida is still quite thick although beginning to die back due to the cold spells. When in full bloom, you cannot see a thing in the underbrush.

The day that "rose" story came out, i thought for sure they would have found HaLeigh that day.

The thing that has always bothered me with the rose, is it had to have some meaning.

How would Misty know where the rose is, IF she or someone in the Croslin/Cummings clan didn't plant it there?

Of course the rose make sense, b/c it would almost be like a make shift memorial, only for those involved to visit, b/c only they know where it is.

Why was the rose where it was found? Is this another attempt to derail the investigation?

I had asked when the rose stuff broke, why LE didn't start digging? I was told the ground was probed. To me, if i were the parent of a missing child and the last known person to see her offers up this info, i would have bull dosers all and sorts of equipment ripping up that ground. JMO

I'm wondering the same thing. If Ron was keeping Misty "close" just in case she knew something about where Haleigh was, then why didn't he just boogie on out to the rose location and search for Haleigh? JMO, it is because he knew she wasn't there. He knows where she is..........

I am one who truly believes that the rose stood for something and could very well be placed on top of Haleigh's buried body.

chesterp, can you tell us a little bit about the area the rose was found in? Is it past the railroad tracks from the mh on Green ln?

It's weird how the rose looks like it was found past the railroad tracks (info provided by Misty), there was a sighting of a red truck sitting near the railroad tracks that night (who all has access to a red vehicle?), and the dogs lost Haleigh's scent at the railroad tracks. WEIRD......But important if you ask me.

If I'm not mistaken, I read in another post recently that this was one of those roses that you purhase at the local convenient stores in the area. Hmmmmmmmm.....................

Also, I was told by LE that a cadaver dog can pick up the scent of a body "in the ground" for up to 2 years so, along with probing, I hope they took the cadaver dogs out where the rose was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back