Josh plans to pack up Utah home

Just fwiw, I don't recall exactly where it is, but had found Josh's bankruptcy filing from 2007. They financed the home with Countrywide and they had another loan with them too, it looked like a home equity loan. Sorry, I don't recall the exact amounts, but from what I saw, I thought they'd be underwater on the house.

JMHO
fran

The only way I could see that he could sell the house is if he had a legal power of attorney already signed before Susan disappeared. And this could be as it is one of the standard forms a lawyer will suggest when making out a will. (well as least our lawyer suggested it)

My DH and I have one but our lawyer holds the original in her possession until for some reason there is a need for it. My brother also held one for my mother as she aged and it even stated he had authority to sell her house if he needed to.

Just a thought...

Just fwiw, I don't recall exactly where it is, but had found Josh's bankruptcy filing from 2007. They financed the home with Countrywide and they had another loan with them too, it looked like a home equity loan. Sorry, I don't recall the exact amounts, but from what I saw, I thought they'd be underwater on the house.

JMHO
fran
LOL,I was just about to pull the BK records and I see that everything I posted has pretty much already been determined.
Sorry guys, I came in late to help.

I see an original 80% loan of approx129k. There is a credit line for about 33K. The house was worth more in 2006 when they took the line out. The house is at at least 100%ltv.
He can just give a deed in lieu or they can go ahead and foreclose and Susan Powell is not needed for that. but there does not appear to be any money in the house anyway so the point is moot.

Now I don't know why he would bother trying to sell, unless it is because of his bk and the reaffirmed debt, but that doesn't make much sense.

Actually, if there were funds after foreclosure, he would get them probably payable to them both. He could just deposit or have it wired into a joint account and that is one way he could possibly get money out of the house without Susan. But I don;t think there is any money to be had.

6254 Sarah Circle? Salt Lake City, Utah...that's what I found.

That's what I know to be their address. I drove by a few days ago (I posted about it) and that's the address I went to. Very vacant looking home.

I'm not able to find the video again, it was a clip after another clip about a young man missing (also) in Utah.

Anyway, the news reporter said Josh put out a call for help to move his things........................lol........................it appears it wasn't overwhelmingly received around town. :waitasec:

Maybe he'll finally get the hint, he's not very popular around there. Especially now that he's gotten rid of the only things people put up with him at all for, meaning Susan and the boys.

Just sayin'
fran

Prime News
Discussion On Josh Packing Up His Home In Utah

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N948ZVGPCOg[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80c1SaMw9U[/ame]

Josh you can pack up, sell the house and run back to your Daddy's enclave but you can not hide!! Susan's body will eventually be found and all evidence will point directly to you!!

Those poor little boys, left to be raised by a monster and his family who seem perfectly willing to let Josh hide out with them.

I hope and pray Susan's family tries to get custody. A father taking two young boys out on an overnight trip in the dead of winter, in a sub-zero temp. blizzard doesn't deserve custody of a dog!

Seeing the news this evening that Josh is planning on selling the house....I wanted to scream! What does he think? Susan is just a disposable commodity and he can move on, away and start life anew? Does this jerk have a conscience or is even thinking of his children? Why not beg and grab hold of the door jam, and say no! 'We need Susan back...back in the home she cared for and raised our children.' How does he get away with this and no legal authority can stop him? Do we have to wait until Spring, until the snow melts and releases her frozen body? How dare this man walk around, breathing, acting so confused and interacting with his young children and yet he is not being interrogated, pressured, followed, investigated, etc.? I do want to believe LE is working behind the scenes - please, someone, assure me of this.

Foreclose the house.....Kill the Spouse.
Feel sorry for yourself......Ask the same neighbors for help
:furious:

Sounds almost like scott peterson. He was very busy selling Laci's things right after she went missing too.

Now he wants to sell how does he know Susan doesn't want to sell? OK I have not read the thread but this disturbs me. Isn't this rather early to speak of selling the family home?

His sister totally fell far from the family tree. She's the only one publicly worried about Susan.

Anyone able to live map it for me?

6254 west sarah circle

I found it...it is a dead end or a cal desac no open road on the street end.... so he had to drive past all the neighbors....

This all seems so wrong to me in so many ways. For Josh to even want to sell the house just shows to me that he knows that she is not coming back. Also, if the one that I loved went missing, I would want to hold on to all things possible in hopes of that person coming back, and if not for me, then at least for the kids' sake. The kids must be devastated to lose their mom and now their home. This house belongs to Susan just as much as it does Josh. And just what makes him think she is not coming back. He knows what he has done to her. He has no hopes for her coming back, no remorse, no calling out for her, no helping to find her....I could go on and on and on. I'm just venting. It's just by him wanting to sell the house, just means to me ... it is the end. JMO
Ala Scott Peterson he wanted to sell even asked a realtor friend of the family about it at the command center just days after Laci went missing these guys are so transparent IMHO

Josh seems to have painted himself into a corner on the house front.

His wife was the major breadwinner for the family, and for not turning up to work on the Monday without explanation, or apparently contacting his new enployers at all, he got fired.

No money coming in, no savings, he can't keep up the payments. Either he sells what little portion of the house is actually his, or the house is soon repossessed anyway.

What other options are available? Ask the LDS church to make the payments? I'm not sure is they would do this for anyone, let alone someone with Josh's past record of bankruptcy.

Ask daddy to make the payments? That one won't run, as daddy wants him out of Utah and the LDS influence anyway, so he's not going to pay to help keep Josh there.

Possibly sell the house but stay local, maybe staying with friends or his sister & brother-in-law? That might be possible, but it'd leave him in close contact with people where he might let something slip out...

I see the house sale as an almost inevitable result of his inability to remember what day of the week it is, despite Sunday being a Church day and Monday being a new job day, and his insane decision to take two under 5s camping in freezing temperatures at 12:30 at night.

WEST VALLEY CITY — Just before 10 a.m. Saturday a quiet, somber-looking Josh Powell directed a 24-foot U-Haul truck into his driveway.

He went inside his home at 6254 W. Sarah Circle accompanied by a friend, and little by little, friends and neighbors came trickling in to help him back his belongings for the move to his home state of Washington.

By late morning, at least 10 volunteers had come to help and their message was the same. Until they know what happened to Susan Powell, Josh Powell is a friend and neighbor like any other.

Not sure where this post goes now... (full article at link)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705357318/Josh-Powell-packs-up-for-move.html

:parrot:

'About ten people including friends, family members, and neighbors of Joshua Powell arrived at his West Valley City home Saturday morning to help him pack a moving truck headed for Washington.

Several people who began putting boxes into the truck shortly after 9 a.m. said they wanted to help Joshua Powell despite questions surrounding the disappearance of his wife, Susan, just over one month ago. Joshua Powell is the only person of interest investigators have identified in his wife's case so far, and police have criticized him for not being more cooperative with their investigation.

Ron Stagg, who lives a few houses away from the Powells, said he came Saturday because Joshua Powell needed help.

"Regardless of who is responsible for Susan's disappearance, Josh is really hurting," said Stagg...'
:boohoo:

Another member of the couple's Hunter 36th Ward, John Dabel, said church members often help neighbors pack up to move. Dabel said he is a little surprised Joshua Powell is leaving town when his wife is still missing. When asked whether he might do the same, Dabel said he didn't think he would.

"...but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt," Dabel said. "The biggest thing is nobody knows. We really still don't know if anything happened." :confused:

Put this post wherever it belongs (article cont'd at link)

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14156510

:parrot:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FOGLIGHTINVESTIGATIONS