Josh plans to pack up Utah home

About ten people including friends, family members, and neighbors of Joshua Powell arrived at his West Valley City home Saturday morning to help him pack a moving truck headed for Washington.

WEST VALLEY CITY — Just before 10 a.m. Saturday a quiet, somber-looking Josh Powell directed a 24-foot U-Haul truck into his driveway.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14156510

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705357318/Josh-Powell-packs-up-for-move.html

I saw this today and it makes me just want to {SCREAM}!

This adds such a cold, calculating, sinister aura to this whole situation.

You watch this scene from the outside in and you can't believe this is a REAL human being, referring to Josh, btw.

It hurts your heart to think that poor Susan, most likely is no longer with us and MAYBE by the hand of her husband, and he just casually saunters in and starts packing away Susans belongings, because after all she no longer needs them. It's not necessary to remain in the last place Susan was seen alive, because she is NEVER coming home, imho.

What? Out of sight, out of mind?

Does he think if he runs behind that wall of elite snobbery his dad hides behind he's untouchable?

If someone else moves into Susan's house her ghost will go {poof}?

Then these people HELP him? Why? Please don't give me some sanctimonious reasoning. It's not going to work with me. I see it as an enabling mechanism.

How many of these cases have we seen that are still unsolved,.............but yet ALL indications are the husband did it?!

Why is it so easy for these guys to get away with this chit!?

Time, after time, after time, after time.........

I PRAY that LE truly has some forensic evidence to connect the guilty person to this crime! I PRAY that in the end, Susan gets justice.

Susan was so much better than this ! She didn't deserve this. Most CERTAINLY, Josh NEVER deserved her!

Ok, rant over, sorry.

:(
fran

I do hope some friends are 'under cover' and can tell LE exactly how things were inside the house with Josh, what he gave away, kept, threw away!
How he acted, what it looked like inside the house!

Dear Fran
Please rest assured that there are plenty of us who totally agree with everything you said. I was going to post but you said it all. It is heart breaking; as a teacher I can only imagine what the kids will go through; how hard for them to lose their mother if indeed she is deceased. We had a child in school who had a similar case, the father was charged, and the child needed so much support. He did go live with the GParents. The teachers were so kind to him and the SW at school helped him and he had outside therapy as well.
I had a hard time not crying when I saw him, that's how sad I felt. I won't even say what we wanted to do to the father. Thank goodness he was convicted....

If it hasn't been mentioned, both parties need to sign in order to do a quit claim. In any event, that house isn't going to sell any time soon - like someone else said, it will probably go into foreclosure.

This is so sad. Now that Josh is moving away and the house is going up for sale, the media blitz is over,.................Susan is still missing.

It seems no one cares, not even her husband.

How sad is that?

The End

:(
fran

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14156510

Friends turn out to help Joshua Powell move from Utah

...................................snip...............................

When asked by reporters if he wanted to say anything before he briefly left his home in a blue Chevrolet Tahoe around noon, Joshua Powell replied "no."

John Hellewell, whose wife, Kiirsi, is Susan Powell's best friend in Utah, said Joshua Powell hasn't shared with friends what his specific plans are once he returns to Washington.

"He told me he will take any job he can get," Hellewell said. "There's no one around here that will hire him."

...........................snip...............................

Kiirsi Hellewell and Jennifer Powell, Joshua Powell's sister, were among a group of family and friends who helped pack up Susan Powell's things Friday night.

"It was very, very hard. Every item I packed up, I could see her wearing it," Kiirsi Hellewell said.

Jennifer Graves told ABC 4 News she and her husband, Kirk, are disappointed Joshua Powell is moving. Jennifer Graves told the station she feels her brother would be "better off staying here and participating in the search."

Kirk Graves told ABC he thinks Joshua Powell's avoidance of the media has made him look bad.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think there is another reason Josh has made a mad dash out of town. Have you noticed how very uncomfortable he is when being questioned by the media? He doesn't want to be questioned about anything. And his answers so far have been worthless when it comes to explaining anything. He's always sneaking a peek to see if the camera is still on him.
I believe Josh thinks getting out of town will put an ending to the media invasion. No more cameras and microphones. No more prying reporters.
Sorry, Josh, it won't stop. You may be secluded inside your daddy's gated community but the media will seek you out any time you venture outside the gates. As well they should.
I hope the media keeps bugging him. He needs to let his guilt reach down into his heart and mind and tell the truth about his missing wife. JMO
Someone needs to keep close tabs on Josh and bug the hell out of him.

I think there is another reason Josh has made a mad dash out of town. Have you noticed how very uncomfortable he is when being questioned by the media? He doesn't want to be questioned about anything. And his answers so far have been worthless when it comes to explaining anything. He's always sneaking a peek to see if the camera is still on him.
I believe Josh thinks getting out of town will put an ending to the media invasion. No more cameras and microphones. No more prying reporters.
Sorry, Josh, it won't stop. You may be secluded inside your daddy's gated community but the media will seek you out any time you venture outside the gates. As well they should.
I hope the media keeps bugging him. He needs to let his guilt reach down into his heart and mind and tell the truth about his missing wife. JMO
Someone needs to keep close tabs on Josh and bug the hell out of him.
Ya know, I think your discerning eye is terrific. :applause: I believe this is a major reason also, especially with "Ms. Moon-light" displaying her distaste for media, and media frustration shown by female helper !

What I found interesting in all of the above was the quote from his Sister. Stating that her brother (Josh) is normal a chatter box. Now, all of a sudden he has NOTHING to say?
Why can't others around him see this clearly as a sign that he knows something about his wife's disappearance? Jeez.
Thank you for the updates. ;)

John Hellewell, whose wife, Kiirsi, is Susan Powell's best friend in Utah, said Joshua Powell hasn't shared with friends what his specific plans are once he returns to Washington.

"He told me he will take any job he can get," Hellewell said. "There's no one around here that will hire him."

I don't think Josh will have any better employment prospects in WA, unless daddy pays him to shovel snow off the driveway. He seems to lack the interpersonal skills to succeed, and what we've seen of his web programming and other jobs skills do not recommend him either.

I think it's telling that he didn't approach the LDS church leaders for help or employment that could have kept him in WVC.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back