Jason Young arrested and charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way you think DeputyDawg !!

I live in Asheboro, and we haven't had anything about this case on the local news. I am glad that after 3 years, LE was able to collect enough evidence to put this in jail where he belongs.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi there!

If I recall correctly (and someone will correct me here if I'm wrong, LOL!), didn't Jason spend some of that 3 years working in or near Asheboro?

Did you follow this case during the 3 years? Did y'all get much case coverage during that 3 years, or just didn't hear much about his arrest? In some ways, I'm surprised this case didn't get more coverage than it did, even in the beginning. It was such a heartbreaker - pregnant mother beaten to death, and her 2 year old left in the house with her mommy.

Glad to know Jason's got the start of many, many days of blah routine. Wonder how often his mother is visiting him? How exciting for him, when that's what one must look forward to.

Jason L. Young
youngpack@yahoo.com
Wake County Jail - Raleigh, NC 27606

Experience

Wake Couty Jail
12/09 - present

Nursing School
Western Carolina
5/09 - 8/09 (expelled)

Norvo-Nordisk
Phara rep
3/07 - 9/08 (fired)

ChartOne
sales rep
8/06 - 12/06 (fired)

Sales Executive 1/05 - 7/06
Sentric Medical (A SouthTech Orthopedic Company)
v Prospect opportunities with key surgeons and accounts to achieve and exceed sales goals
v Participate in joint replacement, spine fusion and shoulder/knee cases to assess patient postoperative needs
v Serve as a consultant to orthopedic surgeons for specific procedural rehabilitation protocol
v Educate patients and in-service clinic staff on proper use of postoperative equipment
v Provide communication link between insurance carrier and clinic staff to insure optimal coverage and reimbursement

Medical Sales Representative 2/02 – 1/05
Pan American Laboratories
v Increased sales of our core cardiology drug approximately 2000% in approximately 20 months
v Established Foltx on formulary at UNC Hospital (state maintained facility with many hurdles to achieve)
v Attained positive dollar growth from previous year despite emerging generics hurting sales of core products
v Educated cardiologists, urgent care, neurologists, and nephrologists on products in hospital, clinic and office settings
v Invested time in the local cardiac catheterization labs, dialysis centers and emergency rooms

National Account Direct Sales Representative-Team Lowes 2/00 – 2/02
Black & Decker HHI division (Kwikset & Price Pfister)
v Managed all Kwikset and Price Pfister products for Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse
v Executed national sales objectives to achieve and exceed quarterly and annual sales goals
v Rewarded with “Skills Assessment” certification and pay increase due to sales numbers and merit
v Sold end cap and cross merchandising plans into strategic accounts to exceed sales objectives

Field Sales Merchandiser 9/98 – 1/00
Nike Inc. Charlotte, N.C.
v Managed $35-40 million account with approximately 4 million units per season
v Oversaw apparel process from development to production all the way through delivery and sales of the product
v Completed EDI transition project originally started as a Summer Intern
Honors/Activities

v Finished in top 25% of sales force for growth over previous year in 2002 and 2003 with Pan American Labs

v Only member of Team Lowes (1 of 46) to achieve “gold” status on all objectives and receive merit increase

v Won 1st place (individually) nationwide in the Q2 2001 sales contest ($222,107 in orders) for Black & Decker
v Recognized by territory manager, area manager, national account manager and VP for sales excellence with Team Lowes
v Received Becky Price Memorial Scholarship (all-around) and Transylvania County Teacher Scholarship (scholastic)
v Active sportsman and outdoorsman enjoying all team sports as well as kayaking, climbing, skiing etc
v Completed a “through hike” of the Appalachian Trail hiking from Maine to Georgia in 1993-1994

Education
North Carolina State University; Raleigh, N.C.
Bachelor of Science in Textile and Apparel Management, Minor in Business. May 1998
Earned 75% of educational expenses
Resident Assistant for three years with direct responsibility of 68 peers

References Available upon request

Excellent, JTF

Wonder what skills he is learning in Wake Co Jail?

I live in Lexington (30 min from Asheboro) and the only coverage we saw was at the very beginning, after she was discovered murdered. And that was it. Even when he was arrested, there wasn't even a brief mention of it on the stations around here and I watch the news every morning. It if wasn't for WRAL and checking their page on a almost daily basis for any news, I would never of found out anything.

I think these small towns stay prefer to believe that NOTHING EVIL happens around here. You will almost always hear about the breaking story but after that nothing. You basically have to look everything up yourself. That's why I am thankful for the WRAL website. JMHO

I live in SweetMop's town- right next to Brevard and the news has been slim to none- really AP stuff and not giving updates other than his arrest. Feels to me like the good ole boy/old family connection in nearby county has come into play. There may be more info on Drew Peterson in the Hendersonville Times News than Slayer Boy.

I know there is at least one person who has been on death row since the 90's. NC has had a defacto moratorium on the death penalty which may end soon according to this article from May of last year:

De facto death penalty moratorium may end
Bills to reform capital punishment system make progress in legislature

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:394878

O/T Thank you for this information, my ex's best friend is on DR in NC and after many appeals was sentenced to death in 1993. I wondered why he hadn't been executed having been on DR for so long. Looks like Jason won't have to wait as long if he is given the death penalty.

I live in SweetMop's town- right next to Brevard and the news has been slim to none- really AP stuff and not giving updates other than his arrest. Feels to me like the good ole boy/old family connection in nearby county has come into play. There may be more info on Drew Peterson in the Hendersonville Times News than Slayer Boy.

That's too bad, really. One would think there would be more local coverage. Then again, I have to say I was surprised Michelle's case didn't get more coverage as a whole.

----

(We've got a local case here in my area and it's been the local talk since it happened in 2006. Very intriguing case, actually. Preacher's wife - murder or suicide? 2 daughters left in the house, asleep - sound familiar? Drugs/smothering or suicide? Preacher hubby having an affair with another lady from the church - well, he denied it for 3 1/2 years, but his defense atty just admitted the scum did last week upon opening statements; mistress took the stand yesterday and admitted the scum talked about killing his wife before he did it...and mistress stayed with him afterwards for several months, and on and on. Oh, wrongful death suit, as well. Just sounds similar to ol' Jason boy... Waco Preacher's Wife--Suicide or Murder? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Again, a lot of local coverage in Central TX and TruTV (Court TV, 20/20, etc are here covering it for future showing...there's already been national coverage, of which scummy was interviewed. Duh.)

Last time I checked in here was right around the anniversary and there wasn't any new news. I've never stopped thinking about Michelle and what that animal sleazebag put her through - all I can say is WOW!

Thanks for the links to the search warrants, Just the Fax. Made for some interesting reading tonight. Sure sounds more pre-meditated than I would have ever guessed. Seems so weird: all this waiting was necessary til "LE's ducks are all in a row, want to make sure the charges stick, etc" and the grand jury didn't even let them present their whole case.

DEAR RAVEN, ARE YOU FINDING YOURSELF NEEDING THE PRESCRIPTION-STRENGTH DEODORANT THESE DAYS?

Durham police have charged Raven Abaroa with murder in the April 2005 death of his wife, Janet Abaroa.

E-mail exchange with big sis Kimmy from early 2007

"Still though, the majority of folks have no idea and that amount will continue to decrease with time.
Think for a moment, how many crimes and murders do you recall?
What details do you know about that situation?
Did you ever hear about the murder in Durham about a year ago under similar circumstances before you started your Internet chat room time?
I doubt it..... I bet you can’t even name the husband who moved out West to be with family after the murder.
Was he a suspect? Is he still?
I don’t know but I do know that I wouldn’t recognize his name or his face if he or his kid walked up to me tomorrow.”

============================================
Was he a suspect ?
Is he still, you asked?

Guess what jayboy, you will finally have a chance to meet your idol when you are both rotting in Central Prison for killing your pregnant wives:dance:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6942948/

Durham police investigators arrested Raven Abaroa on Monday and charged him with murder in the 2005 death of his wife, Janet Abaroa.

Raven Abaroa's arrest was a joint operation by the Durham Police Department, the FBI Task Force, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the Montpelier Police Department in Idaho, the East Idaho STAR (Special Tactics and Response) Team and the Bear Lake County Sheriff's Department in Idaho.
“This arrest is the result of hard and tenacious work by our investigators and a strong partnership with the FBI and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation. Investigators continued to follow leads and never gave up,” Durham Police Chief Jose L. Lopez Sr. said

Raven Abaroa was placed Monday in Idaho's Caribou County jail without bond. He is being held for extradition to North Carolina

Yeah.............I remember when Jason mentioned the Abaroa case to his sister in an email. He was referring to how no one even remembered the case or the name. I immediately knew who he was talking about and uttered my personal reply to him, lol..............course he couldn't hear me through the computer screen. :slap:

But, now that they've arrested old Raven, maybe they can get together some day with Raven, Jason, Brad, Scott,.................I know there's many more, their names just escape me at the moment.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see that NC takes murder of their women seriously and there's nowhere for these guys to hide! It may take a while, but in the end, they get their man!

JMHO
fran

Yeah.............I remember when Jason mentioned the Abaroa case to his sister in an email. He was referring to how no one even remembered the case or the name. I immediately knew who he was talking about and uttered my personal reply to him, lol..............course he couldn't hear me through the computer screen. :slap:

But, now that they've arrested old Raven, maybe they can get together some day with Raven, Jason, Brad, Scott,.................I know there's many more, their names just escape me at the moment.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see that NC takes murder of their women seriously and there's nowhere for these guys to hide! It may take a while, but in the end, they get their man!

JMHO
fran

All 4 wife killers lived within a 30 mile triangle in NC :banghead:

62212205.jpg

6618997-1260886011-400x300.jpg

Scott/wife killer who? oh wait you mean Michael Peterson? Scott Peterson is in San Quentin.

Nice mugs. And by 'nice mugs' I mean, nice to see them having to take a mug shot and be in prison!

Scott/wife killer who? oh wait you mean Michael Peterson? Scott Peterson is in San Quentin.

Nice mugs. And by 'nice mugs' I mean, nice to see them having to take a mug shot and be in prison!

Scott Morris..............he was arrested a year after his wife Kelly disappeared and they found her skeletal remains. That case happened while we were waiting for them to arrest Brad Cooper. It's in Granville County.

JMHO
fran

Ahhhh, okay. That one was way off my radar. Thanks, Fran!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member