Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tulia S. appeared on AC360 on March 18, she stated that Alcala only served 17 months of the sentance he received for the crime against her.

Doe network Case File 467UFCA, unidentified female found 1968 in LA, strangled in a motel:
Good catch.

When I blow the Alcala pic up she appears to have a scar on her nose. I have tried comparing this pic of the girl we were not sure was a girl to the pic's of the lady in the blue and white shirt with the big hair we think might be a wig and I can not match the moles and freckles etc.

Same girl? (Apologies if we have looked at this before.) Both are Alcala's pic's

ETA: I tried to enlarge the girl in the gray shirt on the right but it did not work. That is the one I am asking if she is the same girl as the one in the red checked shirt on the right in pic 1.

Also, enlarge using this link and look at the awkward shape of the finger on the girl in the gray shirt. I can't make my finger look like that when I try. http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01521.jpg

When I compare feature for feature, and look at the spacing of her mouth and eyes, shape of bones, etc. it looks like the same girl. But when I just look, my brain says, no, just two blonde girls who look alike. So I dunno.

Good catch on the finger! they don't look like the same girl to me though. There is also a name or some kind of word on the inside of the strap of the bag she is holding.

It looks like "Drenge-" to me. Drenge is Danish for boys.

Is this the woman you are talking about?

2251141650045078242S425x425Q85.jpg

They look similar, but I don't think it's her.

I think this Doe looks alot like Amy Bilig
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/billig_amy.html
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00901.jpg

Look at the last picture on the top of Amy where she is not smiling. The face jesture, the shape of the jaw, the eyes. They look alot alike IMO.
Even the hair part it is a little off to her right on both girls.

The small black sign at the top of the Drenge photo says something about wastebaskets, affaldskurvene. Danish again. Gulve= floor, perron= platform.
Men= but.
Think it's a railway station, maybe.

Doe network Case File 467UFCA, unidentified female found 1968 in LA, strangled in a motel:
When I blow up the Alcala pic she has moles but not so many freckles. This is also the one I have tried to compare to the girl in the yellow bikini and it matches up pretty well. The pic of the girl in the yellow bikini is dark and I can not match moles. What I find interesting is this pic of the girl with very short hair...she has that scar on her nose while the girl in the bikini has a piece of hair hanging exactly over that same area. I am wondering if the girl with the really short hair could possibly be an emaciated girl in the yellow bikini with a very short hair cut.

See, I am thinking there is something wrong in this pic of the girl with the very short hair. It is out of character when compared to the rest of the pic's IMO.

Attachments

• alcala pics very short haired girl.jpg
    alcala pics very short haired girl.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 72
  • alcala pics yellow bikini.jpg
    alcala pics yellow bikini.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 54
00801.jpg

2927390760045078242S500x500Q85.jpg

00751.jpg

Are these three the same girl?

I think this Doe looks alot like Amy Bilig
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/billig_amy.html
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00901.jpg

Look at the last picture on the top of Amy where she is not smiling. The face jesture, the shape of the jaw, the eyes. They look alot alike IMO.
Even the hair part it is a little off to her right on both girls.
Ah, I see what you mean, they do look similar. I think the noses are different though. Billig seems to have a nose that tapers toward the top where the girl in the Alcala pic has a nose that stays broader throughout, imo.

I can't really tell, pictures are deceiving, but it looks like Billig has a lazy eye (left). I have one too but it only shows in pictures and not in all pictures, just some.

I haven't seen this info posted here but according to the linked article, a woman in a picture has been identified as someone who went missing from Alaska.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/photos-239446-alcala-women.html

From the article:
The photos were found in Alcala's Seattle-area storage locker, but many of the women in the pictures were from elsewhere. One of the women, for example, disappeared from Alaska. Detectives are trying to determine whether Alcala visited Alaska at the time, Smith said.

Who is the man in the album next to her shoulder?

2927390760045078242S500x500Q85.jpg

Leonard Bernstein, the long-time conductor of the NY Philharmonic and composer of musicals, etc (West Side Story). I googled his albums to try to find the exact cover, but there are so many.

When I blow up the Alcala pic she has moles but not so many freckles. This is also the one I have tried to compare to the girl in the yellow bikini and it matches up pretty well. The pic of the girl in the yellow bikini is dark and I can not match moles. What I find interesting is this pic of the girl with very short hair...she has that scar on her nose while the girl in the bikini has a piece of hair hanging exactly over that same area. I am wondering if the girl with the really short hair could possibly be an emaciated girl in the yellow bikini with a very short hair cut.

See, I am thinking there is something wrong in this pic of the girl with the very short hair. It is out of character when compared to the rest of the pic's IMO.

Not many freckles, no (and I wasn't looking for this girl, I was looking for the freckled woman in the blue blouse), but it looks like she has some. I'm not seeing the scar on the nose; I think it's just a line of shadow. I don't think bikini girl and short-haired girl are the same person, either -- bikini girl's jaw isn't square enough.

It is interesting that the he only has one or two short-haired women in his collection, but that may be an artifact of the times. Long long hair was much more common in the 70's, especially among college women.

I haven't seen this info posted here but according to the linked article, a woman in a picture has been identified as someone who went missing from Alaska.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/photos-239446-alcala-women.html

From the article:

I could find three females missing from Alaska in the 1970's @ the Charley Project site.

fandel_amy.jpg

She was 8 and went missing with her brother.

emerick_megan.jpg

She seems like his type and I could see some potential matches for her but there is another serial killer/rapist who admitted being in town when she went missing and the timeline is a problem as she went missing in 1973 when Alcala was in jail. She might have disappeared on her own and met Alcala later but she didn't take any of her belongings with her, according to Charley.

andersen_cora.jpg

She appears too old for him and the timeline is cutting it a bit tight since she went missing July 16 1979 and according to the timeline posted here Alcala had returned to California from Seattle on July 14 and was arrested ther July 24. I guess she might have got to California but it seems unlikely that he'd have travelled to Alaska when he'd just got back to LA from Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500