WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I discounted it earlier when someone suggested it, but maybe those really are markings for an underground gas line. I don't know. Would there be one there, and would a PUD employee have put it there?

I would very surprised if those were gas-line markings because they are about 50 feet down hill from the house. A gas-line at that spot would basically lead to nowhere.

No information from LE or WW is like a month with no golf:)

There is an obituary in WW on Mar 25 of a 17 year old (JA) that I believe was a suicide.
Maybe there is a connection with MC

I personally know of the family of this kid and he was in Seattle at the time of his death and by my thoughts I believe this has nothing to do with the case. I believe there were family issues and what not that were stressing for him and a previous death of an older brother a few years back. So I don't think this is possible

The Sheriff approves of our internet sleuthing.:) He also mentioned it's likely the killer is on one of the internet sites, reading. (But we already knew that...)

Golakechelan.com listen to the interview

Could someone call the PUD or gas co. and ask if they mark areas(which I know they do)and if any of the symbols could mean anything. Someone more than me about this situation!

Great interview at the golakechelan website.

Some thoughts-

He basically confirmed that there was phone activity at the boat launch, and also said that a carrier had purged some phone records that would have been critical to the investigation. He specifically mentioned Mac's phone but it seemed to me that he was referring to another phone of interest as well. Grrrrr...

These interviews continue to reinforce my idea that there definitely IS a POI, they are just waiting on evidence that is not circumstantial.

I would very surprised if those were gas-line markings because they are about 50 feet down hill from the house. A gas-line at that spot would basically lead to nowhere.

There are no gas lines in CB. PUD might indicate boundaries and/or sewer/water. I think it is likely PUD markings or LE markings. However PUD typically uses stakes as markers.

More thoughts-

He referenced blood tests as being more time consuming than DNA. I assume he means toxicology and that it is not back yet.

WOW thought- He referred to this as a capital crime when he was talking about the state helping with funding. That would mean they are thinking first degree murder with aggravating circumstances, like premeditation. This is a big piece of info, since not all murder charges are capital. It also further enforces that they DO have a POI, since they would have established motive and a suspect to determine premeditation.

Shame on that phone co!!!! They had warrants right away for those records. There should be no excuse for the phone co. purging or losing those.

Look at golakechelan.com! They have and interview with Chelan Co. Sheriff.

Wow... I have to say I am absolutely FRUSTRATED about one of the cell providers not honoring the request to preserve letter from LE. UNBELIEVABLE!:banghead::banghead:

More thoughts-

He referenced blood tests as being more time consuming than DNA. I assume he means toxicology and that it is not back yet.

WOW thought- He referred to this as a capital crime when he was talking about the state helping with funding. That would mean they are thinking first degree murder with aggravating circumstances, like premeditation. This is a big piece of info, since not all murder charges are capital. It also further enforces that they DO have a POI, since they would have established motive and a suspect to determine premeditation.

Capital offenses include but are not limited to:
3. Murder in the first degree - The planned, premeditated murder of another person.
Treason in time of war.
Espionage in time of war.
Cowardice and fleeing in the face of the enemy in time of war.
Killing a police officer in the commission of a felony.
Killing a kidnap victim.
Killing a carjack victim.

They had "lost some phone records," does that mean they had them at one time and now do not have access, or that they never got to see that which they wanted to?

Capital offenses include but are not limited to:
3. Murder in the first degree - The planned, premeditated murder of another person.
Treason in time of war.
Espionage in time of war.
Cowardice and fleeing in the face of the enemy in time of war.
Killing a police officer in the commission of a felony.
Killing a kidnap victim.
Killing a carjack victim.

My assumption in this case would be: planned and premeditated and possibly kidnapping.....

They had "lost some phone records," does that mean they had them at one time and now do not have access, or that they never got to see that which they wanted to?

I took it to mean that they never saw them at all since they were purged by the carrier.

"Lost" meaning they were purged by the cell provider before LE had a chance to see them. Even though LE requested them before they were purged...

My assumption in this case would be: planned and premeditated and possibly kidnapping.....

Yup. Good news from an investigative standpoint, IMO. Either scenario indicates that that they have a well thought out timeline and a POI.

ETA- of course the prosecutor will have to determine what charges apply after an arrest, but obviously LE thinks that this was a capital offense.

Regarding the phone carrier that ignored the legal order to preserve phone records:

BOOOOO!! LOSERS.

1. If this turns out to be my carrier, I will never again purchase any service or product from them. I will also post who they are whenever I can, here and elsewhere.

2. It is BS that the Carrier cannot recover that data. Companies that large have data back-ups, and failing that there are forensic techniques to recover deleted data. Even if the technology to do so does not exist NOW, the Carrier's Data Storage hardware should be confiscated immediately so that the data can be recovered in the future when technology has advanced enough to do so. LE did this in general with DNA evidence (Green River psycho for example).

3. I hope that LE clearly documents all costs of the investigation, and clearly calculates the extra cost to the investigation caused by NOT having those deleted phone records. That cost should be paid in FULL by the Carrier, with interest.

4. I hope the U.S. Attorney drags the CEO and Board Members of this company in and charges them with everything they can, starting with Obstruction of Justice and why not charge them with Accessory to Murder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert