Judge Belvin Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose Baez without a comment???? (thud)

Maybe he hasn't thought of anything witty yet to say. He could mutter something like: Perry is a good judge. Ummmmmm that is good when it comes to judges and stuff of that nature. I look forward to putting my foot in my mouth at a later time but right now I am busy defending this lady who is also a mother that the state wants to kill. That's all I have time for, your all dismissed!

:waitasec:

On second thought... ummmm no comment!

That's probably the smartest thing JB has done yet!

Maybe he hasn't thought of anything witty yet to say. He could mutter something like: Perry is a good judge. Ummmmmm that is good when it comes to judges and stuff of that nature. I look forward to putting my foot in my mouth at a later time but right now I am busy defending this lady who is also a mother that the state wants to kill. That's all I have time for, your all dismissed!

:waitasec:

On second thought... ummmm no comment!

Yes, and maybe he's got too much egg on his face from his peers to say anything at all just now. Or was that a big ole pie!

That's probably the smartest thing JB has done yet!

:wave:

LOL I know I should just agree cause your right, but I wanted to add a little visual effects.

:waitasec: :angel:

:read: = JB?

:book: (thinking) :spit:: (choking) :biglaugh:

:snooty:

:couch: = Angel hiding

Perry Takes Over Casey Anthony Case

"He's not going to accept any nonsense," Orlando defense attorney Mark NeJame said.

NeJame has practiced law in front of Perry for years.

"(He's) smart, doesn't suffer fools lightly and will not put up with any antics," NeJame said.
Attorney Richard Hornsby said the appointment of Perry could have a dramatic effect on how much money Anthony can hope to get from taxpayers to help funder her defense. The matter has yet to be settled.

"To suddenly have the judge who sets the budget for the entire Ninth Judicial Circuit on your case, he's going to be less likely to authorize fees unless he absolutely thinks they're necessary to defend Casey Anthony," Hornsby said.

NeJame and Hornsby are among six attorneys who spoke to WESH 2 News about the effect of the removal of Strickland will have on the Anthony case. All of them said the appointment of Perry will not help Anthony's defense in their quest to have the death penalty taken off the table.

"I don't think he'll have a problem imposing the death penalty. For him, I don't think it's a moral question. It's just a legal question about whether or not it's appropriate," Hornsby said.

Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, wouldn't comment on the appointment of Perry to preside over the case.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23210094/detail.html

--red emphasis mine

I am oh SO ready for someone who "doesn't suffer fools lightly". I have mad respect for both Mark NeJame and RH and they KNOW the Orlando legal climate and are familiar with these Judges. Both seem firm in their opinions that Perry is going to be no prize for the defense.

The defense wasn't deserving of the patience and kindness shown to them by Judge Strickland. And, Baez had no comment? lol For once, I think he made a wise decision. WTH COULD HE POSSIBLY SAY in re. the JS scathing Order or the fact that Perry is going to be more firm? Can't say I blame him. I would've kept my mouth shut, too.

It looks pretty clear to me that Cheney Mason bit his nose off to spite his face, while trying to one-up JS. Stupid ego getting in the way. Keep believing you're all that, CM. A smart man knows when to check his ego. But, you just keep on keepin' on, fine sir. It will be a joy to watch you get your payback.

I'm thinking Mason told Baez to "zip it" and he's obeying orders for now.

Should the next hearing be televised (PLEASE JUDGE PERRY!) don't be surprised to see Cheney in the aisle seat with Baez in the middle baby-sitting Casey and passing documents to his boss.

So the ex LEO, no nonsense Chief Justice meets the mostly nonsense lawyer. :python:

This should be good, really good!
:popcorn:

So the ex LEO, no nonsense Chief Justice meets the mostly nonsense lawyer. :python:

This should be good, really good!
:popcorn:

I was not aware JP was with LE. I know his father was with Orlando LE for 25 years but had not heard that about the judge.

Maybe someone (Mason) IS in control of Baez now???

e.g. "From this point forward, I want to hear nothing but NO COMMENT out of you!"

LOL Advice that JB and Co. could have had for free if he just took a gander at some of the threads here going months back... (Sorry, "boys," just sayin'.)

Jose Baez without a comment???? (thud)

Perhaps (fingers crossed) the "self-aggrandizing media hound" comment by JS hit a nerve. Maybe he's realized his little victory wasn't a victory after all.

Unfortunately, JB will undoubtedly be over it in about 10 minutes and we'll have to suffer through more of his ridiculous motions and blather.

CM to JB: Now Jose here is your homework assignment for tonight.

"Yes, your Honor." "No, your Honor." "May I approach the bench, your Honor." "I'm sorry, your Honor, I'll try to keep it brief."

JMO

CM to JB: Now Jose here is your homework assignment for tonight.

"Yes, your Honor." "No, your Honor." "May I approach the bench, your Honor." "I'm sorry, your Honor, I'll try to keep it brief."

JMO

:clap: Too funny, but most probably true!

I was not aware JP was with LE. I know his father was with Orlando LE for 25 years but had not heard that about the judge.

Well drats. That's what I get for reading faster than the speed with which I can comprehend. I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong on this.
Thanks for setting me straight.:blowkiss:

Well drats. That's what I get for reading faster than the speed with which I can comprehend. I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong on this.
Thanks for setting me straight.:blowkiss:

LOL: Well I could have missed it. Some LE end up going to Law School to become attorneys. It is good training.

I'm sorry to see Judge Strickland is off the case, but I think Judge Perry is going to be a good choice to be the new judge.

The old adage of "Be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it!" is appropriate here. The defense wanted a change, it will be interesting to see the defense team in action at the next criminal court hearing with Judge Perry presiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500