2010.06.03 Misty and Tommy's court appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck do any of them have to offer for a plea deal? The information on HaLeigh would sink them deeper. They are all going to take their hits on the drug charges and we'll never know what happened to sweet, innocent HaLeigh. :( JMO

What the heck do any of them have to offer for a plea deal? The information on HaLeigh would sink them deeper. They are all going to take their hits on the drug charges and we'll never know what happened to sweet, innocent HaLeigh. :( JMO

Plea deal talk came from Rons lawyer, and it really seems the plea is what his client wanted, and thought he should have gotten, but its not panning out and now appears to be a big hoax. jmo

This article, posted previously, has quite a few interesting tidbits, incl. this quote from Werter. (Hoping Werter goes the national interview route tonight - but with Joran raising his ugly head ... will this case get coverage?..)

"He wants to get this behind him and move on," Tommy Croslin's lawyer James Werter said in court. Afterward, the lawyer said his client has told police everything he knows about the disappearance - and the presumed death - of Haleigh Cummings. Werter added that the State Attorney's Office seems to be looking for more information."

Circuit Judge Terry LaRue ordered a pre-sentencing investigation.

Wonder what this consists of?

i just took notice that in all of these articles, the name Ronald Cummings is not mentioned once.

"He wants to get this behind him and move on," Tommy Croslin's lawyer James Werter said in court. Afterward, the lawyer said his client has told police everything he knows about the disappearance - and the presumed death - of Haleigh Cummings. Werter added that the State Attorney's Office seems to be looking for more information.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2010060...set-for-Aug-23

BBM... Not a good sign IMHO in reference to ever finding out what happened to Haleigh or justice being served unless some real pressure is put on Ronald Cummings and his side of the family...

Kimster don't know IF my comment belongs in this tread but what I bolded was referenced in the article concerning Tommy's no contest plea.

i just took notice that in all of these articles, the name Ronald Cummings is not mentioned once.

Right, but hes connected to Misty and Tommys trials because his own Lawyer said he was going to testify against them, and it looks now that may not be the case. Mistys trial is last, it was all over the news Ronalds would be last so he could testify against these two. And now Tommy has pled no contest. There is nothing for Ronald to testify against now.

I played the video to the left of this article. After it stopped, I just left the site open to refer back to it. All of a sudden I heard another video start playing. It's one of the undercover videos I hadn't seen before. It's starts out pitch black, but it's clearly Ron talking to the UC. If anyone has any question as to who was running that show, I think that video might clear it up. It's a constant, "I told her" from Ron and "he told me" from Misty. OMO

Maybe you all have seen that one, but this is the first time I've seen it. There is a little lag time inbetween videos, but it just keeps playing various snippets about the case.

What is the logical reason for Misty to hold out for a trial??? Just makes no sense with video and UC testimony as proof. Considering minimum mandatory sentencing, what can she hope to gain??? I am just baffled.

I played the video to the left of this article. After it stopped, I just left the site open to refer back to it. All of a sudden I heard another video start playing. It's one of the undercover videos I hadn't seen before. It's starts out pitch black, but it's clearly Ron talking to the UC. If anyone has any question as to who was running that show, I think that video might clear it up. It's a constant, "I told her" from Ron and "he told me" from Misty. OMO

Maybe you all have seen that one, but this is the first time I've seen it. There is a little lag time inbetween videos, but it just keeps playing various snippets about the case.
first time I've seen this one also.

Yep, rc was running the drug operation. He was the one who gave the price, offered to get more drugs for the UC, offered to sell drugs (distribute) for the UC. With NG being an attorney, I am surprised she didn't pick up on this.

Yep, rc was running the drug operation. He was the one who gave the price, offered to get more drugs for the UC, offered to sell drugs (distribute) for the UC. With NG being an attorney, I am surprised she didn't pick up on this.

I don't think she's seen that little piece of video like a lot of the rest of us haven't. Someone should send it to her and let her see what we see.

are there any pics of misty in court today? With her mom's comments now I'm curious.....:blushing:

What is the logical reason for Misty to hold out for a trial??? Just makes no sense with video and UC testimony as proof. Considering minimum mandatory sentencing, what can she hope to gain??? I am just baffled.

She's just buying time. No way will she go to trial. It does give her more time to come to her senses for a possible plea bargain with the truth about Haleigh.

Tommy has pretty much screwed Ron as far as Ron's plea bargain to testify against him.

But......if they combined all his charges (B&E's, possession) won't that be added in? I heard his attorney had them all combined. I can't see him only be sentenced for trafficking.

I think the possession and trafficking were combined. I wouldn't be surprised if that B&E went away. They never found the gun (to my knowledge), so they have soap and towels showing up at Tommy's house. I just don't know how they can prove it was Tommy that did the B&E unless they have prints. Weren't others staying in that house on Tyler with T&L at the same time?

I think Fields outfoxed Shoemaker this am..Misty now goes to trial after Ron...no deal.

Which means they will probably now push Ron's back another month and on and on it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname