Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please report what Greta is saying, can't get that channel :)

In the last thread it was pondered if NG said (and maybe had her details shady, etc) about the "Do Not Distrub" sign being on the door. I am actually just watching my dvd of the show and it was a reporter in Peru who stated that as a fact.
Reporter is Naomi Mapstone

With all due respect to those that feel the topic should be focused or limited to Stephany and this particular crime and less attention paid to Natalee Holloway or the extortion aspect...

Of course I'm most interested in Stephany Ramirez and the horrible crime JVDS has committed on her and her family. I want to learn as much as I possibly can about her, her family, JVDS and how this came to happen. Just as I do in all cases I follow.

Many of us followed the Holloway case from the very beginning. Our hearts broke for Natalee and her family - just like they break now for Stephany and her family. We invested a lot of emotion and frustration for five long years while it appeared there would be never been any justice.

I want justice for Stephany and her family. I've also waited a very long time for justice for Natalee and her family. It's all relative. It's how we got to where it is today. So please don't begrudge us discussing this aspect of the case. I don't feel it's in any way disrespectful or takes the focus off the current events.

As to the extortion... it's a very big factor in the case, IMO, and will play a big part in how it all unfolds.

:twocents:

IMHO it all goes together. Why focus on one person, when in reality this case involves Natalie, Stephany, and JVS, as well as those brothers. Limiting discussion gets us nowhere. If folks want a thread solely on Stephany, then start one. But dispersing threads (IMO) is only going to get more confusing. I think we can all handle it here.

Again - IMO

Mel

Just chatting with a friend and she had an interesting thought:
If he was this brutal with this girl, possibly with Natalee, and the Kalpoe's witnessed it, or the aftermath, she's not surprised they wouldn't open their mouths as long as Joran roamed around freely.

Ya know, I had the same thought as your friend! IMO, I doubt the Kalpoe brothers will have anything new to say about Natalie with Joran in jail. Unfortunately, I think too much time has passed and they don't want to have the media spotlight back on them. Hopefully, I'm wrong!

OMG, I need WS at work. Now I have so much reading to catch up on but in the meantime WOOHOO, he's caught!!!! :woohoo:

Ramirez's fully clothed body, found wrapped in a sheet and lying facedown in her own blood, had multiple lesions, say police.
The coroner's report is pending, but the probable cause of death is strangulation or asphyxiation, and the time of death is 8:30am Sunday morning

http://www.newser.com/story/91074/girl-found-covered-in-blood-in-van-der-sloots-room.html

Wow... can they really pinpoint the TOD to 8:30 a.m. Sunday after three days? If true, it happened after he went to get coffee.

Suspect in Peru woman's slaying arrested in Chile, police say

"Peruvian Interior Minister Octavio Salazar Miranda said Thursday that Peru has made arrangements with Interpol to extradite van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot also faces an arrest warrant on charges of extortion and wire fraud in Alabama, U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance said Thursday. The charges are unrelated to the killing of a Peruvian woman, and deal with an attempt to sell details about Holloway for $250,000, Vance said."

more and video at http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/03...n=Feed:+rss/cnn_topstories+(RSS:+Top+Stories)

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/06/03/conroe_courier/news/0603_hollowaysuspect.txt

Well, doubt it possible daddy can get him out of this one, and I bet he is rolling in his grave! I knew it was a matter of time JVDS would hang himself. There are times we wish to take justice into our own hands, and we need not do it, for a loving God will provide the justice we seek (either here on earth and/or at one's hour of death).
My prayers go out to SF family, Beth, Dave and Jug. I am so sorry it took the death of yet another person for justice to finally occur.
Doubt JVDS will worm his way out of this one! Evil ! Justice for Natalee! Justice for Stephany!

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=12590425
" The suspect did not resist [arrest] and has been calm in detention, Espinosa said."
"Her neck was broken, and she was fully clothed, with no signs of having been sexually abused, [Lima police Gen.] Guardia told The Associated Press.

la_cavalière;5247403 said:
Wow... can they really pinpoint the TOD to 8:30 a.m. Sunday after three days? If true, it happened after he went to get coffee.
It probably should be only narrowed down to before he left the room for the last time, or the last time he was in the room long enough to commit the crime, and clean himself up before exiting. I can't see how they could be more specific. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500