OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually....with all the things they did NOT say....they brought up TWO old cases and that is when I tried to clue in a bit on the idea of a pointed message kind of thing. The two were the Kim case and the Boehlke case specifically. I don't have any wisdom on what that means...it was just the most prominent thing that stuck out for me from the whole PC.

jmoo

BTW....what is the Kim case anyway.....need something a bit more specific than that to search/Google.

James and Kati Kim, lost in Oregon wilderness a few years back with their two young children. Father went looking for help after several days stranded, found dead without reaching help. Mother and two children rescued successfully.

The email from the father is 1000% better constructed that the official family release. Now I am really wondering about this.

That's the first thing I noticed as well.

"Folks" seems strange. Stepmom has a master's degree. Dad is a computer engineer. Using a word like folks is out of place. Are they saying that their parents can help with money? Reference to friends, neighbors, vacation properties they could sell perhaps?

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Note: I snipped out the parts of the original post that I wasn't replying to so my post wouldn't be a mile long.

I don't think you're crazy. I've never seen press conferences like the ones about Kyron, they seem to leave us with more questions than when we started.

When I hear "folks" I think "old folks" or parents.
Maybe they're asking people to either help search property owned by older folks who may not have the physical ability to search their own property. (Especially if the property has outbuildings like old barns or sheds.)

Or in referencing "folks" and "vacations" maybe they're wondering if there may be an older child (late teens, early twenties) still living with his/her parents whose parents may have gone out of town on a vacation recently, prior to Kyron disappearing.

I'm just brainstorming here, there may be absolutely nothing to the choice of words. I can only hope Kyron is found soon & things will then make sense to us. Not that they owe us anything but it sure would be nice to know!

IMO.... I don't think we can read a lot into the statement from the family... seeing as LE would have had a huge imput into it and probably pretty much told them what to say... MOO!

Found an e-mail ( this is just part of it, more at link )

Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: FW: Kaine Horman's son is missing

All,
If you have seen local Oregon news or been browsing the internet or FaceBook there is a good chance you have seen an article similar to the one that Becky forwarded (below). While this note is difficult for me to write in this state of mind I felt it necessary for Kyron’s sake.

Optional actions for you:
The Intel network is large and wide-reaching. Many have asked me what they can do to help us and my answer is the following:
1. Forward Kyron’s information to as many people as you feel comfortable with; the more people that see this will increase our chances of finding him
2. Do not speak to any media if contacted; I am trying to contact Intel legal to give them the heads up and help with this situation

Some rough background:
The article that Becky forwarded is pretty accurate with details. He was dropped off at school about 8:45 and went missing sometime between then and 9 or 9:30am. We did not know he was not at school until we went to get him off of the bus at 3:30 and he was nowhere to be found. The bus driver immediately called the school which responded that his teacher had not seen him all day in class, at which point we notified police in partnership with the school. It is still unknown whether he left school grounds on his own or was abducted. Be assured that there are currently an amazing number of agencies and amount of person-power being applied to the search and investigation.

Kaine Horman
Enterprise Business Architect
Intel Corporation

http://ackerlaw.com/blog

Okay, now you're sleuthin' ! The above is fascinating.

Let me think about it a little.

The first impression I have is that clearly, the family statement issued today was likely not written by the family. Secondly, the family has had legal counsel since early stages...IMO

...to be continued.

All,
If you have seen local Oregon news or been browsing the internet or FaceBook there is a good chance you have seen an article similar to the one that Becky forwarded (below). While this note is difficult for me to write in this state of mind I felt it necessary for Kyron’s sake.

The Intel network is large and wide-reaching. Many have asked me what they can do to help us and my answer is the following:
1. Forward Kyron’s information to as many people as you feel comfortable with; the more people that see this will increase our chances of finding him
2. Do not speak to any media if contacted; I am trying to contact Intel legal to give them the heads up and help with this situation

Some rough background:
The article that Becky forwarded is pretty accurate with details. He was dropped off at school about 8:45 and went missing sometime between then and 9 or 9:30am. We did not know he was not at school until we went to get him off of the bus at 3:30 and he was nowhere to be found. The bus driver immediately called the school which responded that his teacher had not seen him all day in class, at which point we notified police in partnership with the school. It is still unknown whether he left school grounds on his own or was abducted. Be assured that there are currently an amazing number of agencies and amount of person-power being applied to the search and investigation.

Kaine Horman
Intel Corporation

Ok, so if he was dropped off at 8:45 who saw him at 8:15????:waitasec:

James and Kati Kim, lost in Oregon wilderness a few years back with their two young children. Father went looking for help after several days stranded, found dead without reaching help. Mother and two children rescued successfully.

Oh yes....I do remember that whole thing. So, they brought up one case where they found everyone (one no longer alive), and one case where they never found a clue about the missing child. More puzzle pieces, just no frame or picture to match them with yet.

jmoo

All,

Some rough background:

Kaine Horman
Intel Corporation

good find!

All,

Some rough background:

Kaine Horman
Intel Corporation

Thanks! Very interesting find.

I think its time for a new thread! This one is getting real long!

Ok, so if he was dropped off at 8:45 who saw him at 8:15????:waitasec:

And I didn't think he was 'dropped' off. His SM went in with him to the science fair...that to me is not 'dropped off'.

Don't know if this has been discussed , but has anyone contacted TES for this boy???

The statement seems odd. Here is my attempt to make something out of nothing and read too much into the words of the family. Is there an attempt to communicate a willingness to pay ransom here?

"Folks" seems strange. Stepmom has a master's degree. Dad is a computer engineer. Using a word like folks is out of place. Are they saying that their parents can help with money? Reference to friends, neighbors, vacation properties they could sell perhaps?

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Above snipped and BBM. Just wanted to say that even though I would not use the term "folks" unless quoting Porky Pig, I know several people here in the NW that use that term. I always notice it for some reason. My own dad had a Doctorate and I heard him use that term later in life, my little girl's teacher (Master's Degree) used it and made my little girl laugh her head off. So, I'm not sure it's strange in this case. Although, I too always find it an odd word and I don't even know why I find it odd to say!

Phew! Just caught up. That presser was interesting.

No soup for you!

And I didn't think he was 'dropped' off. His SM went in with him to the science fair...that to me is not 'dropped off'.

Dropped off near his classroom maybe? Since up til now we've been told Kyron and SM arrived at school at 8.15am... didn't they?

Gosh! We're really no so very little!

Given the two cases LE mentioned in the presser, they seem to think it's somewhat likely that Kyron left the school and got lost in the woods.

Here it is in a nutshell:

Everything we thought we knew is now un-confirmed.

They want more tips, have checked all previous tips, and have nothing to report about any tips they've checked.

Media--keep out...don't call us, we'll call you, unless we don't, then we won't.

We,(LE), learned how to handle this from the case of the last little boy who went missing 3 yrs ago, was never found and remains unsolved today, so we 've got it under control.

What are the circumstances of "the last little boy who went missing 3 years ago" and why did they bring that up, since he was "never found and remains unsolved today." I mean you can't say that with your nose in the air, can you?
moo

Does anyone have any info of the last little boy?
tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members