OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE says something is "an isolated incident" it means they know who is responsible (or have a very good feel for who). I agree with the posters above who say if the little boy is merely missing because he wandered away and got lost, then why all the secrecy? No, there's something amiss. It leads me to strongly believe this is a crime, it is an abduction, and LE believes they know who it is (enough to say this is an 'isolated incident').
Maybe someone at the school did see him go off with someone and they really do know who it is?

The little boy in this VW looks just like kyron to me. Could this woman driving possibly be the teacher that left?

I know this is going to sound crazy but when I saw the child in the VW, I thought, maybe someone was hired to take a child (custody kind of thing) and was going off of a picture and took the wrong kid. Sorry, I just had to say it outloud. I zip it now.

I don't see his face pressed up against the window, don't see anything weird about the driver, no gloves, no freaky lipstick, haircut etc...is it just me?

The child does bear a resemblance to Kyron but looks yournger to me.

I am pretty sure that kid isn't Kyron, guys. His face is completely different, and he has black or dark brown curly-ish hair.

I recently saw a "Dateline"-type show about a girl who was kidnapped in the south somewhere, and taken to an underground hideout in the woods. It was hidden so well that searchers walked right over it and never knew it was there. She was kept there and raped daily. She decided to pretend she was happy to be there and gained some trust from the kidnapper. She began sending text messages from his phone while he was sleeping, but none of them got through until one night she was able to push the bunker top open and get a signal. She eventually got away, but of course I can't exactly remember how. I wish I could remember her name, it was a fascinating story with a good ending. But the point is, the underground thing is not unheard of.

Devils' Advocate on the VW video:

1. The car looks more ice blue/light blue than white to me

2. Though a responsible parent will put a child in the back seat, you would be shocked at the number of parents who completely disregard the child safety laws regarding cars/seatbelts. I saw so many the first year my child was a car-rider that I wrote a letter to the editor of our newspaper about it, called the principal, and talked to the local PD about what could be done to enforce the seatbelt/safety laws in our town.

3. Pausing and really looking at the video, I think the woman is dark haired and wearing a full face of makeup, but because of the angle of the child, I am just not convinced that he isn't her own kid.

4. If Kyron was abducted, wouldn't the perp stay away from the news cameras/school? Or at least not put the child right up front where any of the many people looking for him could easily see him?

I agree that the boy looks just like him.

Sorry for being slow, but what is the question about the "high lines"? Was it somewhere they were going to search? What was the context?
Having thought about it maybe it is the stretch of poles that carry lines that runs along the ridge of a forest where it meets the fields. I think they would be major lines that come from the substation. I'll look it up. LOL

I didn't expect this about "high lines": Horses can be comfortably contained in the backcountry on a highline than tied to a tree. On a highline a horse can move around. A swivel of some sort is clipped to the line of a high tensile wire fence that evidently clipps on top the horse.

http://www.outfitterssupply.com/russon/highlines.asp This shows a pretty low key highline system. At a gentleman's horse farm it might be fancier with the high wire fence.

Maybe they mean out by that horse farm Kyron's dad wanted searched.

I am not even going to form an opinion of what I think happened as to remain neutral, but
anyone remember the story of the dad and his daughter living in Forest Park for 4 years?

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/06/289883.shtml

Thanks for digging that out! I mentioned the father/daughter incident yesterday as an example of how easy it would be to live concealed up there.

All very freaky.

Skipping back to the grandmother of the student, who may/may not have defied FBI requests to not speak with the media.. she posted to the Missing Kyron Horman FB group this morning to the effect of 'you may have seen me on TV'... er, why the need.. looking for more attention?

I might have to revise my 'she had their OK to speak out' theory.

Can someone link me to the VW video everyone is talking about? Thanks!

I recently saw a "Dateline"-type show about a girl who was kidnapped in the south somewhere, and taken to an underground hideout in the woods. It was hidden so well that searchers walked right over it and never knew it was there. She was kept there and raped daily. She decided to pretend she was happy to be there and gained some trust from the kidnapper. She began sending text messages from his phone while he was sleeping, but none of them got through until one night she was able to push the bunker top open and get a signal. She eventually got away, but of course I can't exactly remember how. I wish I could remember her name, it was a fascinating story with a good ending. But the point is, the underground thing is not unheard of.

Hi dororthyz - I remember that. Don't remember her name though. I recall that the perpatrator lived near by and the underground bunker was right by her home. He met her when she got off the bus and took her into the woods or a big field near her home where he made the bunker. The text went to her mom's cell phone and they traced the number to the guy. The young girl convinced him to run before they could catch him and she got out. Very scary!!!

When LE says something is "an isolated incident" it means they know who is responsible (or have a very good feel for who). I agree with the posters above who say if the little boy is merely missing because he wandered away and got lost, then why all the secrecy? No, there's something amiss. It leads me to strongly believe this is a crime, it is an abduction, and LE believes they know who it is (enough to say this is an 'isolated incident').

I tend to agree with you. IMO LE are frantically searching for a body and they have a good idea who is responsible. Obviously there isn't enough evidence to make an arrest - but with a body, maybe they can.

I feel certain Kyron didn't walk away on his own - his home environment and parenting point toward that certainty. Also, notice the huge, proud smile on Kyron's face when standing by his science project...this isn't a child who would leave a science fair he has proudly contributed to. all just my thoughts and opinions. This is a terrible, frightening thought - sorry. :eek:

No one else is in danger if he wandered off into the woods...as long as no one else wanders off into the woods...

I know this is going to sound crazy but when I saw the child in the VW, I thought, maybe someone was hired to take a child (custody kind of thing) and was going off of a picture and took the wrong kid. Sorry, I just had to say it outloud. I zip it now.

Please don't zip it, your theory has just as much merit as any other theory that's been posted.

Anyone look to see if anyone has been picked up for odd things and is in jail? I know its a long shot, might be illegal on wb, but just thinking.

Sleuthy,
"no other children are in any danger " ? .... wow, that's going out on a limb. I've just never heard them say that...

Who said that?

Also I think his face is shaped differently, with a more pointed chin. That is the boy in the car.

Don't know what the power lines are like in Oregon. Where I live a person could actually climb up a pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK