OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't been determined that these were set up on the day of the Science Fair. In my kids' schools, they set up the displays the day before the science fair. This prevents kids from "forgetting it" at home for the "big" event.

Good point. That's what we do too now that you mention it. I'd still get there first to get that darn parking spot though! I've had to return to my car numerous times, trudging all the way out to the road and back, because my daughter forgot something. I've even been known to scope out the situation and seize the opportunity to move my car closer if someone leaves. It's sad, I know.:blushing:

I agree, Pensfan. Look at that picture. There are already a bunch of displays in the room, yet this picture was taken around 8:15. Either some were brought earlier in the week, or a whole bunch of kids and their parents were there early.

I agree the room should have had more people in it for all those projects shown if they were just setting up that morning. Just out of curiosity I wonder when everyone else set theirs up...was Kryon's late?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the implication is that arriving early means getting in/out before the school, parking lot, etc. are at their busiest.

But what would be the impact of an early arrival on Kyron's disappearance? We already knew SM and Kyron arrived early at the school. We know they were seen there by numerous people. We already know when SM LEFT which would be the most significant thing, right?

That is an excellent thought!! One of the children on the field trip could have seen someone there and remembered seeing them at school that day. Well didn't someone here say the farm guy has a kid that goes to Skyline in Kyron's class?
Maybe this field trip was arranged on purpose to see if the kids recognized anyone/anything.

I think the chances are very slim that the LE don't have an idea of who took Kyron. One of the reasons I think they know who did this is because there has not been an official National plea for help. The perp had at least 7 hours to drive anywhere in the US. But they kept searches local, very local....

Anybody else have thoughts on whether LE knows who the perp is?

BBM (bolded by me)

HI Snail - you say the perp had 7 hours to go anywhere in the US and LE should have alerted them to look for a perp. How do you put an all out bulletin for a perp when you have no idea who the perp is? TIA

It hasn't been determined that these were set up on the day of the Science Fair. In my kids' schools, they set up the displays the day before the science fair. This prevents kids from "forgetting it" at home for the "big" event.

In a very early news article, LE stated that they could not "confirm" the date the picture of Kyron was taken (the one in front of his project.) It could be that T's camera is like mine, the date and time were never set and are way off. I know another parent stated she saw TH take Kyron's picture, but my guess is they have no way of confirming that this is the exact picture she saw being taken.

NO NG bashing. Take it to the parking lot!

Salem

I keep wondering if any science fair projects would have been brought into the school in large containers. That is, large enough to hold a 50# boy. My personal sleuthing isn't advanced enough to figure out how anyone would get him INTO a container, unless maybe as a joke or something, but I see it as a possible way to remove him from the school. Is this too far fetched to consider?

Question: Is there any accurate confirmation that SM left at 8:45 except from SM?

Hmm... maybe Kyron will only get 15 minutes on NG? So far, it's JVDS. :(

Maybe this field trip was arranged on purpose to see if the kids recognized anyone/anything.

LMax, I believe I heard on a Portland news station that it was planned ahead of time, but I don't recall which story it was in. You could check the media links if you are interested in looking into it.

There are still a few hours of daylight before the vigil tonight. Here's hoping that Kyron is found today.

BBM (bolded by me)

HI Snail - you say the perp had 7 hours to go anywhere in the US and LE should have alerted them to look for a perp. How do you put an all out bulletin for a perp when you have no idea who the perp is? TIA

Not a National plea for finding the perp, but Kyron's face should have been all over National news if they thought there was a possibility the perp took him out of state. Even with the photos they are releasing now, it doesn't seem like there is a strong message of " look for him, if you see him call LE". Just my opinion.

I keep wondering if any science fair projects would have been brought into the school in large containers. That is, large enough to hold a 50# boy. My personal sleuthing isn't advanced enough to figure out how anyone would get him INTO a container, unless maybe as a joke or something, but I see it as a possible way to remove him from the school. Is this too far fetched to consider?

Just thinking, maybe they could have used a large case for a musical instrument, do they have a band? The cases for a sousaphone are huge.

Miranda rights attach any time one is in any type of police "custody". What I mean is if it is highly irregular for LE to stay at the home of someone they consider a suspect, and they are there unwelcomed, it could be argued that they should have been mirandized because they questioned them and stayed at their home under the guise of helping when the homeowners did not have a choice if they stayed or not. if that is the case, I would argue that they are in custody as they are not free in the complete sense of the word.

But I personally don't think that they are doing anything irregular as having a police liasion in a high profile missing case is SOP in many cases.

The legal issue here would be only, from an objective standpoint, was it reasonable for the individual to believe that he/she was free to leave. Being welcomed or not doesn't even enter into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
-nyx-