OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM (bolded by me)

HI Snail - you say the perp had 7 hours to go anywhere in the US and LE should have alerted them to look for a perp. How do you put an all out bulletin for a perp when you have no idea who the perp is? TIA

I wanted to quote both, but anyhow, the search can be considered national in that Kyron is featured quite prominently on the FBI's website. No perp, true, but the news did go nationwide.

New Picture of Kyron Horman Kyron without eye glasses - 06/15/10

Attached is a picture of Kyron Horman that has altered only to the extent to remove the eye glasses. This has been done to provide a photo to the public to show what Kyron would look like without eye glass. It is hoped that this photo will help to bring Kyron home.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36087/Kyron-NoGlasses.JPG

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Did anyone else notice that Kyron's left arm is missing in this photo?

Jules,

It's possible, although it appears that the party didn't LEAD to the Sauvie Island search - -

See the clip at about 1:50, all the way through to when they show the party:

http://www.kgw.com/thesquare/Searchi...-96194359.html

Let me know your thoughts.

When I click this link I go to the KGW website but it says page not found. Am I the only one getting this message? It seems everyone can view this link. Any ideas?

Not many regulars or irregulars were seen in the photo of Kyron and his science project on a day when the school was supposedly full of people. Maybe that is because stepmom took him to school 45 minutes before the start of the school day.:waitasec:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...on+Harmon+slide+show&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It was posted in early articles that parents could come in and tour at 8 am 'til school started at 8:45 (that's when kids went to class and were taken in small groups to tour the exhibits). Regular classes started at 10, after the tours.

We are going to light one here as well at our house...I asked the boys if they wanted to go but they think it would be too scary? and also sad.

KGW live tonight:

Blazers star Brandon Roy came to school today for an assembly - kids loved it... he hugged every teacher.

At six tonight:

More on live search of Sauvie.

Sheriffs boat on the channel, deputy with binoculars. Focus on Multnomah Channel, ditches nearby.

Still unknown if Kyron's family will be in attendance at vigil tonight. If kids are brought to vigil, they should be prepared for tonight--tough topics, tears, stress.

I wanted to quote both, but anyhow, the search can be considered national in that Kyron is featured quite prominently on the FBI's website. No perp, true, but the news did go nationwide.

I was responding to another comment and I read it completely wrong - yikes lol

You're so right - not only the FBI site but AMW with John Walsh this Sat. moo

I feel kind of bad now, I always made my son take his in and set up it himself. But I think that was what they requested we do so they didn't have so many people on the school grounds before class. At his school projects were set up the morning of, judged and graded later in the day then open house in that evening. Everything taken down and brought home the next day. I guess this was because his school didn't have the space to leave them up for too long. Also the childred were present with their projects when the judges came through so they could answer questiond. (I think they did this to see how familar the kids were with their projects..LOL!)

Don't feel bad...I get there early not necessarily so I can get close, but so I can get out without dealing with the traffic. :angel: In my defense, the lots here are really, really mobbed and I don't want road rage at the kids' school, lol.

When I click this link I go to the KGW website but it says page not found. Am I the only one getting this message? It seems everyone can view this link. Any ideas?

Evidently it has been removed. Which video was it?

Two things that kinda bothered me about this school from the start is that it goes up to grade 8 (and with only 9 classroom teachers) with combined grade levels, and that it has roughly 30% transfers from out of neighborhood. That struck me as rather high, nearly a third. Maybe it isn't and I'm just out of the loop. And I don't think it's such a great idea to mix kids as old as 8th graders with the lower grades. These aren't Little House on the Prairie days any more.

Here we have what we call Multi grade class rooms. Grades are combined 2/3, 4/5, 6/7 K isn't included They also have 8/9 in the schools where the students don't go to the high school until 10th grade. We have between 10 and 12 classrooms totally they include the music and art rooms for the older students in grades 6-9. I have no idea how it works in this case.

It was posted in early articles that parents could come in and tour at 8 am 'til school started at 8:45 (that's when kids went to class and were taken in small groups to tour the exhibits). Regular classes started at 10, after the tours.

so......but it seems like the projects were all there and ready to be toured at 8 to 8:45. I thought Kyron didn't take the bus because he brought his project that morning? it's odd that the classroom is already full of projects if that's the case. just saying. and i still need some confirm on what was released timeline-wise.:crazy:

(b) can someone confirm that the early news reports said Kyron did not take the bus because SM said Kyron had his project and it was too big to take on the bus so she drove? Did she say that? Or am I mixing rumor and fact?

KGW news says, "8 a.m. - It's Science Fair Day at Skyline Elementary School. Kyron Horman, 7, and his step-mom arrive at school."

And The Oregonian (online) says, "Friday began as a special day for 7-year-old Kyron Horman. His school in Northwest Portland was having a science fair and he was keen to show off his project to his stepmother.

So, instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

Horman, who has raised Kyron since he was an infant, snapped a picture of him standing in front of it that she later posted on her Facebook page."

Bolding by me.

New Picture of Kyron Horman Kyron without eye glasses - 06/15/10

Attached is a picture of Kyron Horman that has altered only to the extent to remove the eye glasses. This has been done to provide a photo to the public to show what Kyron would look like without eye glass. It is hoped that this photo will help to bring Kyron home.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36087/Kyron-NoGlasses.JPG

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

Does it look like a tear in Kyron's eye? Does he have allergies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18breighard