Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I have heard this before, and I would be VERY interested to know more about it. I know limbic structures are damaged, or rather *get damaged* (i.e. in abused/traumatized/neglected people, who qualify for mental illnesses). A look-see via MRI often shows various shrunken and/or asymmetric structures. If a child lives in an emotional earthquake zone (unpredictable raging parent, e.g.), many researchers believe that the frequent, prolonged rise in cortisol literally fries the normal circuitry of the hippo. When this happens, cortisol gets "stuck" in the on or off position for life. If stuck in the on position, these people are hypersensative to stress, which often results in issues such as depression, bulimia, emotion dysregulation, impulsivity (addictions/offenses). If stuck in the off position, these people have no fear (no startle response, i.e. psychopath).

So, surely I'm thinking it was the hippo. And, also, the hypothalamus, while part of the limbic system, is our brains' "Dorm mother," constantly monitor all systems to make sure they're in balance (temperature, BP, etc). The hippo is important for memory-making. It and the amygdala "check" with each other to "know" what we should do about a stimuli being presented (e.g. when we come upon a rattlesnake or a puppy).

In the video recently posted on a couple of killers, it should be noted that Mitten was a child of divorce, Krueger a foster child. These circumstances are "trauma" to a child, and early childhood traumas are more typical than atypical in the mentally ill/addicts/offenders. In fact, the more traumas in childhood, the more likely you are to have severe issues. For example, if a child grows up in a situation with a single mom who was an alcoholic and the child regularly received physical and emotional abuse coupled with neglect, that child has a 4,600% higher risk of becoming an I.V. drug user than someone raised in an intact family who was loved-up (see the ACE study).

Of course, without looking into Mitten, it appeared from the video that he developed schizophrenia. Many who develop schizophrenia do so around the time of the second brain pruning (very late adolescence), so there is some evidence that this process going awry results in "sudden" schizophrenia.

Thank you for your post!

I was with ya all the way up to the "he developed schizophrenia" part. I don't agree with that.

He hates Beth, she never cut him any slack for Natalie as everyone else in his life had done - it is ironic that he is using Natalie as a life line.

Just chiming in finally...I agree with this statement and I also believe he has used this as his lifeline for the last 5 years, believing the information he held would set him free from all of the crimes he commits, just waiting to use it the one time he is finally caught. I don't think this will be the "get out of jail free" card he hopes it will be.

Not an excuse...but maybe an explanation.

Seems to me, Joran inherited his father's very large skull/frontal lobes. You can see some evidence in Joran with the ridges/bumps over his eyebrows. And the fact Joran reacted quite violently to the email message describing him as 'mongolian'

Persons with large skulls/frontal lobes maintain their I.Q. but exhibit poor impulse control, poor decision making, odd sexual interests, etc.

THE FRONTAL LOBE PERSONALITY

With unilateral, bilateral, or even seemingly mild frontal lobe dysfunction patients may initially display an array of waxing and waning abnormalities including the "frontal lobe personality," i.e. tangentiality, childishness, impulsiveness, jocularity, grandiosity, irritability, increased sexuality, and manic excitement Over fifty years of research and numerous case studies have consistently indicated that with significant frontal lobe pathology attentional functioning may become grossly comprised, behavior may become fragmented, and initiative, goal seeking, concern for consequences, planning skills, fantasy and imagination, and the general attitude toward the future may be lost.

It can also be a sign of intranasal drug abuse.

This is my opinion only. I think he is right where he deserves to be and will get exactly what he deserves.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/16/van-der-sloot-update-august-questioning/

11:15 AM ET

Van der Sloot update: Arubans to question him in August

CNN has just learned that Aruban investigators will likely not travel to Peru to question murder suspect Joran van der Sloot until at least the end of August, prosecutor Peter Blanken said.

Investigators from Aruba will not be able to question van der Sloot until Peruvian authorities finish their probe of the May 30 slaying of Stephany Flores, Blanken said. The formalities of Peruvian law also will determine the time frame, the prosecutor said.

more . . .

A lot can happen between now and the end of August.

Frontal lobe involvement is brain damge...ya need a MRI, EEG and a CAT scan to see it. Looking at FATTY deposits near his eyebrows....means nothing, except he tends to store some extra fat, when he has it, there. He isn't sporting those puffy ridges now.

I believe frontal lobe damage can cause all sorts of serious issues (like psychopathy ) that I don't want to get into right now...

Thanks very much! Can you imagine a modern society in which psychiatric diagnoses were made based upon a description of individuals' facial and head/skull features?

Thanks very much! Can you imagine a modern society in which psychiatric diagnoses were made based upon a description of individuals' facial and head/skull features?

Or by untrained persons. jmo

A prominent Peruvian lawyer has informed RNW that Joran’s mother wants the trial moved to the Netherlands. [/quote]

Why not move it to Greenland, and move the capitol of France to
.... Tibet. Let's see. Where would she like the Chicago Cubs moved to?

I was with ya all the way up to the "he developed schizophrenia" part. I don't agree with that.

From Wikipedia:

Schizophrenia (pronounced /ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by abnormalities in the perception or expression of reality. It most commonly manifests as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking with significant social or occupational dysfunction. Onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood,[1] with around 0.4–0.6%[2][3] of the population affected. Diagnosis is based on the patient's self-reported experiences and observed behavior. No laboratory test for schizophrenia currently exists.[4]

To me, this describes Mitten pretty close in the video. Especially considering that everyone talked about how sweet and what a good boy he was when he was young. Then suddenly, he starts talking and acting weirdly.

I guess I could understand his mother's reasoning but good Lord that would take some nerve to even request this.....never mind...too early and not enough coffee yet

Scratch all talk about neurology and med school.
We now know how Joran got to be Joran.
Joranbone connected to the Anitabone?

Hello websleuthers.

This is my very first post, though I’ve been reading on this recent, sad matter for a while here.

[I have written numerous things on several tangential subjects, but not on this precise genre. I have nothing to sell. Only trying to help sleuth with you here.]

On The Elbowing

If this has been brought up before, I apologize. I haven’t seen it.

OTOH, if it is a first for a public discussion, I hope it is referenced as such, and that it helps. And I trust the Peruvian forensic and medical people are considering the following matter.

Now when JVDS chooses to elaborate on something foul he did, two things are likely. 1. He is lying. 2. He is covering up something far worse that he perpetrated. In his confession, he states or implies that the two of them were sitting on the bed, or were near the bed, or such, when he struck her after she hit him first (not likely.) He is trying to say that he glancingly elbowed her in the nose, which then bled, and the media has gone with that.

But I think it is different and far worse. I think he first went into her by grabbing/jacking her up against a wall—probably when she dared to protest his attempted theft—possibly holding her by her throat with one hand, and then he proceeded to elbow her in the face. She may have first struggled to reach him with her hands, while being held by the throat against the wall. He also may have held her that way, demanding her PIN numbers or something else, and she said never, and just tried to reach him with her hands. Maybe she even managed to get in a mild blow to him at this point, in self-defense to what he started. (This scenario even allows this monster to state that she struck the first blow, as he was first holding her by her throat, and hadn’t yet struck her. But he had already assaulted her.)

Now being held up against the wall (or possibly on the floor), her head and body could not be forced through space when elbowed, and her skull and brain thus had to absorb the full force and momentum of the massive blow. If she were held against the wall, possibly the back of her skull was fractured there as well as the front, from the initial frontal elbow blow. Indeed he is lying when he says he doesn’t know how she got her massive skull injuries.

I think his elbow smashed her nose into her skull, shattering the skull, and caused massive brain injury. Her life, as she knew it before this point in time, alas was now over. Even if nothing else were done to her, her brain was likely severely damaged at this point, because it was not a glancing blow (as he falsely claims), but was as just described above—the skull smashing into the brain at the front and back. But this monster then saw 1. what was done to her face and 2., that she was still breathing, and he did not stop until she stopped breathing—which he admits to. (If there is truth to the matter of the eye, as was originally reported, his massive elbow blow to the face, accounts for that too.) He probably got more enraged after it started—“look what you made me do.” Always blaming the victim.

This also brings up the matter of possible martial arts training, as most people would not use their elbows as a weapon unless they studied some martial arts. Does anyone know if he did? Has this been asked before? Did he study this in Aruba? Or is it more likely that he studied this in Thailand, more recently—where such martial arts are more prevalent (Muy Thai and such)? And he then used his new knowledge at the first opportunity! And not as it was intended (defense against someone else’s deadly attack), but against an innocent woman, far smaller than he is. Obviously he is a danger to all around him, especially unsuspecting women. I think, Natalie probably did not get elbowed as the above conjecture indicates he may have learned that more recently. (OTOH, if someone has evidence if an earlier study of martial arts, then this conjecture may be wrong.) Natalie may have been strangled, as I think he first goes for the throat. But with Stephany, there will be massive evidence to indicate, maybe even prove, what was done to her—despite his lies and half-truths.

Well I hope this contributes. Thank you. Oh, and the above is only my opinion, though some science is implicit in it.

"They try to keep the tourist section cordoned off so other prisoners can't get in, but during the course of your stay, you'll have to leave your dormitory and interact with other inmates," Griffith said. "You're going to have to go to the administration center, you're going to have guys coming in who shine shoes, bring drugs into a section, come in to prepare food, etc. Any one of these guys, for a $100 bill, will slit your throat. The prisoners would be lining up for the opportunity."
He might also be transferred to "Lurigancho" after his conviction.
http://www.aolnews.com/world/articl...r-joran-van-der-sloot/19517411&sms_ss=twitter

Frontal lobe involvement is brain damge...ya need a MRI, EEG and a CAT scan to see it. Looking at FATTY deposits near his eyebrows....means nothing, except he tends to store some extra fat, when he has it, there. He isn't sporting those puffy ridges now.

I believe frontal lobe damage can cause all sorts of serious issues (like psychopathy ) that I don't want to get into right now...

agree. Somato typing went out with the whale oil lamp, as it were.

A prominent Peruvian lawyer has informed RNW that Joran’s mother wants the trial moved to the Netherlands.
.... Tibet. Let's see. Where would she like the Chicago Cubs moved to?[/QUOTE]

Baltimore, we could use any help we can get LMAO.

A prominent Peruvian lawyer has informed RNW that Joran’s mother wants the trial moved to the Netherlands.

.... Tibet. Let's see. Where would she like the Chicago Cubs moved to?[/QUOTE]

The family sure thinks they can always run the show, unbelievable!

"They try to keep the tourist section cordoned off so other prisoners can't get in, but during the course of your stay, you'll have to leave your dormitory and interact with other inmates," Griffith said. "You're going to have to go to the administration center, you're going to have guys coming in who shine shoes, bring drugs into a section, come in to prepare food, etc. Any one of these guys, for a $100 bill, will slit your throat. The prisoners would be lining up for the opportunity."
He might also be transferred to "Lurigancho" after his conviction.
http://www.aolnews.com/world/articl...r-joran-van-der-sloot/19517411&sms_ss=twitter

I had just read this article on aol. The most notable to me was, and excuse me if it's already been said,

You just don't know how bad it is. Van der Sloot has no idea what's coming."

fran

I'm not surprised AVS would want joran tried in Holland -

A survey by the Justice Administration Council has shown that a majority of 85 percent of Dutch people think criminals are punished too lightly.

They also said that judges often appear to be soft on crime, and they wanted them to better explain their verdicts.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-judges-considered-too-soft

Good luck with her wish though for a change of venue from one continent to another. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin