Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this posted on here (sorry if I missed it)

Statement from Kyron Horman's Family

It has been two weeks since our son, Kyron, disappeared. For the last 14 days we haven’t been able to talk to him, see him playing around the house, or tuck him in bed. Any parent would understand the grief this has caused our family.
We are so grateful for the support and work of the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office as well as the hundreds of searchers, police officers and FBI for what they have done during the last two weeks. They have never met Kyron but we know that this has been very tough on them also.
To Kyron’s teachers and classmates, as well as the media and the community, thank you for your support in trying to find Kyron. Your interest and help is overwhelming.
We are sorry that we aren’t there today to stand with investigators, but please know that we fully support the release of this flyer. We want Kyron home and we hope this will help do that.
Father’s Day is Sunday. For the first time in seven years, we will not have Kyron around to hug and talk to. It hurts us deeply and our hearts are broken.
Please help bring Kyron home.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

BBM. And they know this, how......?

I really think LE has no choice but to refuse to confirm any suspects or persons of interest. Once they do that person will certainly lawyer up and there would be tremendous pressure from the public to arrest that person.

Father’s Day is Sunday. For the first time in seven years, we will not have Kyron around to hug and talk to. It hurts us deeply and our hearts are broken.
Please help bring Kyron home.

snipped and bolded by me. This sticks out and makes me uncomfortable. I'm not trying to pick the statement apart, but i think i would have said something more like "Father's day is Sunday. We are praying our son will be home....." or something to that effect. Also why are there no pleas for whoever has him to return him, drop him off somewhere, etc etc. just seems like they gave up awfully quick.

From the parents statement?

"We are sorry that we aren’t there today to stand with investigators, but please know that we fully support the release of this flyer"

Why aren't they there? Something more important come up?

Seems to me the Police are bending over backwards to give the family the illusion of control.

I noted in the press conference the Sheriff did not say we don't have a POI or suspect, he said I'm not talking about POI or suspects

I really think LE has no choice but to refuse to confirm any suspects or persons of interest. Once they do that person will certainly lawyer up and there would be tremendous pressure from the public to arrest that person.

If I were Terri, I would have lawyered up long ago. It's the only smart thing to do in her position. I mean really, in effect, her picture and a likeness of her vehicle are now on a wanted poster. I would definitely call a lawyer if I were in that position - innocent or guilty.

This to me, says a lot:

"the need for the public to be alarmed is very low"

I don't know, I don't think that says much when it's preempted by his comment that he "can't rule out stranger to stranger abduction".

I believe that's what he answered to the question. That's like saying "I don't think you need to build an ark, but yeah Noah, it just MAY rain for 30 days and 30 nights."

The only thing I got from the presser is 1) Terry Horman was the last one to see Kyron at school 2) Terry Horman took Kyron to school in the truck

Which at least is more than we knew for sure before.

Each picture on the flyer shows Terri with one of Kyrons parents. The first is Terri with Desiree. The one below is Terri with Kaine.

They are cropped out for the most part.

Someone mentioned earlier that the flyer states pictures of Terri are after 6-4-10. Did she change her looks drastically and recently?

After looking at the flyer LE gave out to those at Kyrons school it seems obvious that as of today they are focusing on the stepmother. The only thing we know for sure is that Kyron and the SM were seen in the school at 8:15am at his science exhibit, after that we dont know what happened. The SM says she left Kyron at the school at 8:45am, if they were at the school for 30 minutes I would expect LE to find more witnesses of the two with these flyers.

If LE does believe the SM is involved I dont know what they are expecting with these flyers, nobody else to have seen Kyron and the SM in the school that morning, or someone who saw the two outside the school together after the 8:15am witness saw the two at his exhibit.

The BIGGEST thing that stood out to me is that they specifically said they wanted to dispel rumors and that Kyron's body has not been found...but...they let all the cell phone ping info stay out there - they didn't even address it, even though People, CNN, HLN, MSNBC, WW, PW, etc has aired it, printed it, spoken it, etc. To me, that is veeery telling. I think they're putting pressure on Terri. Maybe? Gosh, I seriously hope we're all wrong...but we may be right on this one.

If I were Terri, I would have lawyered up long ago. It's the only smart thing to do in her position. I mean really, in effect, her picture and a likeness of her vehicle are now on a wanted poster. I would definitely call a lawyer if I were in that position - innocent or guilty.

It would be the logical thing to do... Unless her cell phone pings and the daily chores she did can prove that she was actually doing what she said she was doing. Who knows? I know some people who are so crazy that they would A) Hug the parent of a kid they murdered B) Pretend that super strong evidence is wrong and C) Never admit to what they did, no matter what evidence comes to light.

Crazy people are... well... crazy.

We don't know if she has a lawyer. We do know that the email that Kaine wrote was on a law firm's web site.

Well, technically, we don't know if they already had tested it......:waitasec:

This is true, but if they did test and not find anything, I still don't think they'd release it to a third party where potential evidence could be compromised. Really, what kind of evidence could they have found at this point -- they may have tested for blood or bodily fluids, but there's little else right now (that we know of) from which they could make forensic comparisons (fiber, dirt, vegetation, etc.).

Once the case is solved and they learn more, they could reinspect the truck to look for specific things that may not have had meaning prior to that. I just can't see them releasing that truck to a third party under any circumstances if anyone in that family or with access to the truck is suspected.

If the truck's not part of the investigation, it should be. Hello -- it's on the poster as the vehicle driven by the last known person to see Kyron. :banghead:

:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

snipped and bolded by me. This sticks out and makes me uncomfortable. I'm not trying to pick the statement apart, but i think i would have said something more like "Father's day is Sunday. We are praying our son will be home....." or something to that effect. Also why are there no pleas for whoever has him to return him, drop him off somewhere, etc etc. just seems like they gave up awfully quick.

Very good points and I don't think your picking it apart at all. It's logical to me to say "we hope" "we pray" "we want him home" for father's day, and just where is that plea?

From the parents statement?

"We are sorry that we aren’t there today to stand with investigators, but please know that we fully support the release of this flyer"

Why aren't they there? Something more important come up?

Seems to me the Police are bending over backwards to give the family the illusion of control.

Or they're giving them an opportunity to hang themselves by their lack of presence. ;)

Also, the mention of NOT having Kyron there on Sunday is BIG...a BIG red flag...imo!

I wasn't able to see the presser but I have been able to read the transcripts of it and look at the flyer.

I'm thinking LE is trying very hard to keep TH from lawyering up, keeping her close and friendly, by not naming her as a POI.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if TH left the school during the morning bell, there is really no way in the world that she could have gotten to her car unseen. Teachers, staff, students and other parents would all be walking in at the time that she is walking out. MANY, MANY people would have had to see her.

My guess is that no one saw her.

On the 'keeping her close and friendly' part, yes, read my THEORY in the theories thread. LE wants everyone to relax and 'act as normal' for a reason.

On the 'no one saw her' part, why would that rule anyone out? How easy would it be to ask a child to meet at the car? Then how easy would it be to ask a child if they saw anyone on the way to getting in the car? Basic information before deciding to go the next step. I'm just saying - it would be easy. Ocam's Razor always rears its simple edge.

The captain's statement and the family's statement from the presser are on the sheriff's site here:

BeanE: Perhaps a testament to WebSleuths members sometimes being MORE thorough than an "official link" (even when that link is from Mult Co Sherrif's site) is that the transcriber over there LEFT OUT words and statements from the Press conference. Challenge: Pull up a small window of my transcription, a window of that site's transcription, and the actual footage all at once, side by side. Listen to the footage and read along... Who was more accurate in the task of VERBATIM? :dance: I do believe it was WebSleuths (in this case, moi). Thank you.

What I can't understand is why the flyer contains photos of Terri from a Press Conference--they are not even full face shots. Why didn't they ask for a recent photo? This is the age of digital afer all.

Exactly. LE did NOT ask Terri to choose the photos. They put the flyer together and THEN did the show of family hands. Who in the hell is going to protest to distributing a flyer that might help find little Kyron? Certainly not any family member - regardless of how nervous (or not) it might make them. Great rhetorical question you asked there, SoCal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member