Press Conference on Student Questionnaire - 2PM Oregon Time Today, Friday, June 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his mother and thought the two left school together. He said it was not uncommon for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised."

This quote from Shelby which was first posted on a Seattle News web site (thanks SoCal for the link) gives credence to earlier (unconfirmed) reports that the teachers expected Kyron to be picked up to go to an "appointment."

That's not precise, Bean. This is exactly what he said today in the presser:

"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared".

Oh well. There goes my theory. lol.

Sorry. I'm exhausted tonight. My brain is jello. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me, Caring.

TY for your response to my post, Shel - and you've made a good point about the photos of Terri that are on the questionnaire flier.

However, I was referring to the photo of the white Ford pickup & the caption below it, which indicates that Terri was driving it on June 4th, the day Kyron went missing.

There has been speculation in the threads about what vehicle Terri was driving that day, especially what vehicle she might have driven to the school - the red Mustang or the white Ford pickup? IMO, the questionnaire flier has confirmed that she was driving the white Ford pickup, since LE specifically stated so on the questionnaire.

And I agree - LE posted a photo of Terri from a press conference, not one from her personal collection. Why they chose to do so, only LE (and perhaps the family, as well) knows. I can only guess as to why they did that.

Did they not want to ask her to supply a photo? But that only leads to another question: "why?"

Since it appears that Terri is more often behind the camera rather than in front of it (based on the family photos I've seen posted here), were there no pictures to choose from that featured her? IDK.

I just thought of something. What if they KNOW Terri was not driving the white truck that day? Maybe there is proof either Kaine was or that the truck was not driveable - waiting on part say, and Kaine had a rental. Maybe they want someone to come forward and write about seeing Terri in the truck and where and all to zero in on that person telling a falsehood? :cow:

I lived 9 years in the UK. There, you can usually tell if a person is a suspect but not yet arrested when the police mention that the person is "helping the police with their inquiries". It's become a joke. If you hear that term on a TV show on BBCA, etc., you can be sure that yes, they're a suspect. Sorry, OT :innocent:
Thank you, Meriweather. It is always interesting to find out how the rest of the world handles things, looks at things, feels about things. I get tired of feeling like we Americans are somehow the center of the universe, or the earth, whatever. We could learn so much more about human nature and kindness and empathy if we would seek to know about all peoples and cultures. In the realm of crime-solving it seems like it could only be a plus. In the realm of human relations, the benefits are endless.

No offense meant to anyone, anywhere.

My opinion.

Of course, anyone can fill out the form.

The important thing is the follow-up interview, not the form.

The form just gets them the one thing they need: tips!

Especially when it's put out there on the local news to people who don't peruse social sites and don't have the access to information as we do. People in and around Sauvie Island who may have a memory triggered of SM face and truck.

YIKES!!! I know that is the quote, but I agree that is NOT right. I will remove my post or edit if I can find a link to the correct statement. Many thanks for the heads up. :blushing:

It isn't your fault at all. It's what I tried to say earlier to Bean (one of the mods); links aren't always "right" no matter how "legitimate the source". The reason I KNOW it's not what he said is because I transcribed his presser myself. Even Bean mis-quoted some wording, earlier. No link or report can always be perfectly accurate.

I am a newbie to the board and really enjoying reading other people's thoughts and opinions, including yours!

Well, technically, we don't know if they already had tested it......:waitasec:

I think it would be hard to believe they have tested it with the media setting up camp right in front of the Harmons property. They wouldn't go over it there but bring it in to be forensically tested imo. They want it in a very restricted environment not setting out in the wide open environment.

IMO

Especially when it's put out there on the local news to people who don't peruse social sites and don't have the access to information as we do. People in and around Sauvie Island who may have a memory triggered of SM face and truck.

Seems to me, the questionnaire is not only going to trigger a memory, but also will get them one answer. Honest, it's like a one-man lineup. LE either wants the one lead that will nail someone, or they are looking for something else with these questions. moo mho

BBM & snipped by me

I had all kinds of things go thru my mind as I was driving home from my bff's after reading the latest news today and I thought how easy it would be to tell your child - hey want to skip school today and go... I gotta secret plan for us today after the science fair! ...don't tell... ...sneak out and I will meet you at the car...

anyone could of done that... not ruling out anyone

my kid would of thought it was the greatest idea in the world. -

What's been in my mind from the beginning is Kyron's obvious pride in his exhibit - the tree frog. Many of us have suspected from the beginning that the frog was used as part of a ruse to get Kyron out of the school. Many doubted he would leave the school with a stranger for that reason - but I believe he would have left with someone who made it seem "OK". I also think it would have been necessary to enlist Kyron's help in the "sneaking out for a few minutes" part of the ruse.

If Kyron was told, "Hey, guess what? Mr. Science Teacher (or principal or whoever) says there are tree frogs in X place and it's OK for us to go over there real quick, as long as we're back in a few minutes and no one sees us go. How cool would THAT be for your exhibit! I'll go out the front door, you act like you're walking to your classroom, but sneak downstairs while no one is looking, then sneak to the truck! We'll get the frog and be back before anyone misses us!"

The beauty of this plan is that Kyron HELPS with his own disappearance. It can also be abandoned quickly if he is seen in the parking lot or seen getting in the truck. He had no reason to think he wouldn't be back - his coat and backpack were in the classroom. I think poor Kyron was tricked in the most heinous way by someone he trusted - because he wanted a tree frog.

checking in to make sure this thread topic is still about the press conference.
This thread will be closed in a bit so be sure to break out the convo.
gracias.

It would be the logical thing to do... Unless her cell phone pings and the daily chores she did can prove that she was actually doing what she said she was doing. Who knows? I know some people who are so crazy that they would A) Hug the parent of a kid they murdered B) Pretend that super strong evidence is wrong and C) Never admit to what they did, no matter what evidence comes to light.

Crazy people are... well... crazy.
BBM

Well I think that's just crazy!:crazy:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5308161#post5308161"]The latest questionnaire - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

My guess is LE believes Terri and Kyron left the school together in the white truck after the witnesses saw them in the school. The flyer is their way of getting tips on who saw them or the truck afterwards, without exactly telling the media. The problem with what I am believing right now is the fact LE allowed Terri's truck to be towed for repairs, unless they allowed it to be towed but nothing else to be done afterwards. I dont know. A fathers wife killing her stepson isnt something new, with motives such as anger over her husband paying child support.

It seems like LE thinks the SM is the suspect while at the same time not wanting the public or media to know thats what they think.

In re: "This will be the first Father's Day without Kyron........" statement, if I were attempting to make someone feel how much they're making someone suffer, knowing the guilt will eat at them the more they deny these parents, I'd point out the celebrations upcoming that the child is going to miss as a regret that it's going to happen, which in this instance, is indeed what the message SHOULD convey.

I believe they want the person to crack under heavy pressure from guilt for framing Terri and denying Kaine something they themselves have done. That someone drives a truck just. like. Terri's.
Debs,

Are you playing devil's advocate? Are you playing with words? Do you REALLY believe that someone is trying to frame Terri?

Thanks in advance if you want to answer.

Of course, anyone can fill out the form.

The important thing is the follow-up interview, not the form.

The form just gets them the one thing they need: tips!

The one thing it will give them is a chance to look for any inconsistencies compared with the first initial interview they did with them.

Also they will be looking to see who does not fill out the forms but had been interviewed in the past.

IMO

G@d, Calliope, that is a chilling thought.

Let's just hope (and for those who pray, pray) that LE will confirm all of the responders to any questionnaires they deem important to the investigation.

I think what I just wrote is probably ridiculous; of course they would be confirming who filled in a particular Q. Just thinking of any ole person downloading it and emailing it, though, is plain creepy and concerning.

With every good thing comes the chance that it will be abused.

my opinion.

IMO there is an underlying purpose for distributing these questionaires. I do not believe that it is to gather information (or additional information) regarding who saw Terri and/or the white truck that morning/day and what time... this is not how information is collected from potential witnesses of a crime and it is certainly not the correct way to build a prosecutable case against her. This flyer questionaire campaign would never stand up in a court of law. I mean come on, talk about LE baising witnesses! My hunch is that LE is using this questionaire as a means to acquire as many handwriting samples as possible from everyone/anyone who was at the school that day to compare to a letter or a message left somewhere from the perp. MOATM ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500