Discussion of the New Lead in the Search for Stacy Peterson

I saw Dave Alwan on the news this morning, too.

He said he has owned the property since 1992 and said where they are searching is rough terrain. The only time he has been back in that area is when hunting deer and that getting a deer out of there is extremely difficult.

The press conference that was held the day they were searching was at DA's brand new restaurant - 309 - that was just getting ready to open (very convenient to get so much press!). It's located in the Junction City shops on Knoxville Ave.....about a 10-15 min drive from the search site.

If Stacy's body is on that property, I strongly feel the connection is to the gun club. How else would DP know to hide the body there?

I'm a local from around the Bolingbrook/Joliet area. I have heard absolutely nothing new. They're currently arguing over how much of Stacy's disappearance the jury for the Kathleen Savio trial will hear. Besides that, no news regarding the search. It's like the local media dropped it entirely. Very hush, hush!

Here's a link to the Tribune's article on how they're arguing about whether any info about Stacy will be allowed at DP's trial: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...el-brodsky-peterson-and-brodsky-drew-peterson

I'm a local from around the Bolingbrook/Joliet area. I have heard absolutely nothing new. They're currently arguing over how much of Stacy's disappearance the jury for the Kathleen Savio trial will hear. Besides that, no news regarding the search. It's like the local media dropped it entirely. Very hush, hush!

Here's a link to the Tribune's article on how they're arguing about whether any info about Stacy will be allowed at DP's trial: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...el-brodsky-peterson-and-brodsky-drew-peterson

The news about the search site in Peoria has completely dropped off the radar, and now the focus is on the upcoming trial for Kathleen's murder.

The trial begins in 16 days (July 8), and I think that once the media is focused on the trial, LE may resume the search at the site in Peoria. I think LE want's to work without any media attention. If there's any break in the search for Stacy, I think they'll hold that announcement until after the trial is over.

any locals drive by the farm site?
is it still tented? guarded??

I have been following this since Stacy disappeared and wanted to add....We just re-opened our pool and went to our Pool place and I asked for something to clean what I call "ring around the bathtub" mildew.. She said sure..and went to the shelf and gave me a quart of hydrochloric acid, and I think it costs $9.50 for a quart. I asked them how to apply it and what precautions needed the be taken...they said no..it's fine just pour it straight on a sponge and apply it while you are swimming...and that it was non-toxic. I spent an hour in the pool tonight cleaning the sides and I have had no reaction at all and it does a really good job, didn't even wear rubber gloves..

More from the same article

<snipped>

During a hearing last week, Assistant Attorney General Deborah Simpson argued against surrendering investigative reports related to the downstate dig.

"It's an ongoing investigation and the Illinois State Police believe that providing that information will impact their investigation," said Robyn Ziegler, a spokesperson for the Attorney Generals Office.

Hmmmm..... sounds like the DP camp is getting a little bit nervous to me. I like that! That tells me plenty. If there were nothing to be concerned about they would not react like this. They would be glad if LE were barking up the wrong tree.

YEA TEAM! I think I'm beginning to develope hope that Stacy is indeed buried there. Her family deserves to put her to rest and say their good-byes, and DP deserves to pay the piper, FINALLY.

ETA: Boy, I can't wait for Brodsky to eat his words. I want so badly for them to locate her it makes me hurt. He doesn't know when to shut his mouth but I'll bet if they do indeed find her there that just might do it. Hey, a girl can hope!!

I want to know if Brodsky and DP feel that Stacy is still alive then why the hell do they care about the Peoria investigation???????.........

Hmmmm..... sounds like the DP camp is getting a little bit nervous to me. I like that! That tells me plenty. If there were nothing to be concerned about they would not react like this. They would be glad if LE were barking up the wrong tree.

YEA TEAM! I think I'm beginning to develope hope that Stacy is indeed buried there. Her family deserves to put her to rest and say their good-byes, and DP deserves to pay the piper, FINALLY.

ETA: Boy, I can't wait for Brodsky to eat his words. I want so badly for them to locate her it makes me hurt. He doesn't know when to shut his mouth but I'll bet if they do indeed find her there that just might do it. Hey, a girl can hope!!

I"m with you TallCoolOne, we can only hope that Stacy is about to be found. I think that the DP Camp is breaking out in a sweat. Drew, you might want to let your attorney in on your little secret!!!!!

I want to know if Brodsky and DP feel that Stacy is still alive then why the hell do they care about the Peoria investigation???????.........

Well, you can believe that if Stacy's body is found that DP and Brodsky will say that Stacy's boyfriend must have murdered and put her there. You remember? The man she ran off with? Yeah.........

I think DP and JB are very nervous! They've denounced every search saying that "Stacy ran off with another man" and if this were true, and they really believed this, they wouldn't be concerned about anything LE does. Their focus would and should be on the upcoming trial.

It's almost as if DP and JB were bracing themselves for the announcement that Stacy's remains had been found. With no news on the search in Peoria, it sounds like DP and JB are getting antsy.

If LE thought this was a false lead, they would say so and move on to something else in their investigation, not let the media and public hang onto hope that the search for Stacy was nearing an end. I'm encouraged that LE is confident in this lead.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...n-stacy-attorneys-peoria-dig-answers-20100623

another article about DP crew curious what is happening............
"I have no idea what this is all about," he said. (JB) "Probably just someone taking them for a ride."

From the above article:

State police Master Sgt. Tom Burek said there is no timetable for resuming the search, but a source with knowledge of the investigation insisted the cops are confident that Stacy is in the ground in that area.

I'm very hopeful that given the above statement and Joel Brodsky's demand to know what's going on............that we're really very close to Stacy being found.

I think DP and JB are very nervous! They've denounced every search saying that "Stacy ran off with another man" and if this were true, and they really believed this, they wouldn't be concerned about anything LE does. Their focus would and should be on the upcoming trial.

It's almost as if DP and JB were bracing themselves for the announcement that Stacy's remains had been found. With no news on the search in Peoria, it sounds like DP and JB are getting antsy.

If LE thought this was a false lead, they would say so and move on to something else in their investigation, not let the media and public hang onto hope that the search for Stacy was nearing an end. I'm encouraged that LE is confident in this lead.

ITA, Leila! Brodsky's sudden interest in obtaining the info regarding this particular search, seems strange since he and DP never wanted info from any other search before. ie. the canal.

The ISP had gone from the Peoria site and were down-playing it, and things had quieted down. First Brodsky puts forth a motion to not have any mention of Stacy during Kathleen's murder trial....NOW Brodsky, et all, are motioning to get this info about Peoria? Me thinks that Stacy IS in that area and the defense and DP are sweating bullets right about now.

I wouldn't doubt that they have found Stacy and are just sitting on it to see how the murder trial goes. If DP gets off...just watch another true bill come down for Stacy! :woohoo:

they know she's there. They are going to try to FRAME the guy they said she ran off with.

they know she's there. They are going to try to FRAME the guy they said she ran off with.
Huh, now that would not surprise me in the least. I hope the judge decides they have no reason to know anything at this point. No sense in giving them any hand up on this. Seems like they want to know who the informant is. I say Nunya DP and Joel, Nunya d@mn business.

Media quotes coming from JB and his team about this search to begin with were scoffing......nothing there to see. They gave entertaining sound/quote bites.

Then, it was LE trying to "dirty up" DP's name just before his trial.......but now they want the details? LOL....

Note to JB - silence is golden.

One of his attorneys, Joel Brodsky, questioned whether state police were trying to influence public opinion just before the trial by launching the downstate search for Stacy. He mocked the search effort, saying, "Two possum families finally have closure."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/2397126,4_1_JO16_PETERSON_S1-100616.article

On Saturday, Brodsky released a statement that read in part, "There has never been one, single factual piece of evidence regarding either Stacy's disappearance, or in the death of Kathy Savio, that shows that Drew is guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever."
He also called the most recent search "patently ridiculous."
"Drew's position from day one has always been that she ran off with another man because that's what she told him," Brodsky said.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7482823

Brodsky, who has taken potshots at the state police since they launched the Peoria search operation, did so again this week.
"The state police finally have it right," he said. "Stacy is playing possum."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2421376,4_1_JO23_PETERSON_S1-100623.article

So, given JB's stance on the search, why does he want this?

"We want to know why they're digging in Peoria," said Joel Brodsky, the lead attorney for Stacy's husband -- disgraced former cop Drew Peterson.
"We're curious," Brodsky said. "For a lot of reasons, we're curious."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2421376,4_1_JO23_PETERSON_S1-100623.article

LOL! ......now you're curious?
Idiot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph