Terri Horman retains criminal defense attorney!

She should have had one from the start, regardless of guilt or innocence.

About. Freakin'. Time.

ITA, and I think she made an excellent choice -- he's well known and highly respected in this area. It's good to know she will be properly advised and represented.

Seems like once SM makes up her mind, she doesn't fool around. This should make it interesting (and hopefully will lead to some answers about Kyron).

Can someone give me a quick sentence again about how this makes it better that she has an attorney in regards to LE's stance? I have read so much now I am blank.TIA

Because he is a competent and respected criminal defense attorney and not a hack, such as Baez.

(that's the quick version)

maybe pro-bono? maybe friends donated for her? maybe parents mortgaged their property? maybe he's a friend of a friend ?

I'm glad she got the best of the best... if she's innocent, she's going to need the best. If she's guilty, less chance it gets overturned on appeal.

probably a minimal retainer, then they'll decide later on price - my thought is he will severely reduce rates or go pro bono if it takes that long.

My next thought is, he believes in helping her, can take any case he wants, and wants to take this one. Good for Kyron. Also, he'll drop her like a hot potato if she doesn't cooperate. In some ways, it will be easier for us to judge how things are going because he's extremely competent and highly ethical. The case should move along too. IMO.

Because he is a competent and respected criminal defense attorney and not a hack, such as Baez.

(that's the quick version)

Thanks Emma I figured that one out,lol...what I mean is how does this play out in regards to POI/not POI etc. Does this change somehow now that she has an atty. that they would now say she is a POI?

snipped...
Reminds me of the Anthony media subterfuge. They even had a fake Casey for the press to photograph - while Casey slipped in and out in disguise through different exits ... remember? :yes:

I did not know that, about the fake Casey. Crazy.

I'm glad,because if she does hold any information,she has legal counsel to represent her and hopefully will feel safer telling what she knows.With the family presser tomorrow,hopefully we're on the brink of seeing Kyron.

probably a minimal retainer, then they'll decide later on price - my thought is he will severely reduce rates or go pro bono if it takes that long.

My next thought is, he believes in helping her, can take any case he wants, and wants to take this one.

Makes me wonder why though.

Well, if she can slip past a hoard of reporters without being seen, she most certainly could have slipped past a few teachers, parents and students with Kyron without being seen. Appears to me she's had a little practice at slipping past people un-noticed. Maybe she disguised herself as a red squirrel.

My next thought is, he believes in helping her, can take any case he wants, and wants to take this one.

I would guess pro bono. Unless Terri took the Mustang to a cash-for-title place to pay the retainer.

Wonder if she has access to any family assets. I would guess not, but I didn't see anything about it in the RO.

Reading his website it looks like he is a very competent, ethical attorney. Is it too much to hope for that he advises her to confess (if guilty) and take a plea bargain?

Frankly I don't care if she can pay or will pay.....I just want Kyron found....the money is the least of it now, IMO

Now that Terri has counsel, she surely won't be cooperating any longer in any way that might be the least bit incriminating (unless she wants to make a confession). So I wonder how that will change the dynamics for LE insofar as withholding all their investigative information from the public.

Will it now be time to brief the public on where the investigation stands? Will LE release what they know (or at least some of it) and ask the citizens for help or will they maintain the no-info policy they've instituted?

I am relieved that Terri has finally retained an attorney. She needs someone to protect her interests and speak on her behalf, regardless of innocence or guilt. I hope the attorney will make a statement/give interviews soon so that we can at least get some idea from her perspective of where the investigation stands.

?? Guys, she is a home owner. Husband makes a decent enough living. Divorced or not, she gets half. Equity in the house would cover a good dent in legal fees- not to mention half of retirement funds earned during marriage. She has no worries in the $$ department- at least, not compared to most. Her comments were a little strange (can't afford one) but more for self-pity, not reality. Trust me- this woman can afford an attorney. We don't need to feel sorry for her in this aspect- not one bit.

IMHO/MOO/etc.

We really don't know if there is equity in the house. As I recall, they purchased it fairly recently (I think I heard this was Kyron's first year at Skyline). I read somewhere that the house was appraised at $292,000.00. That may have been a few years ago when housing was it it's peak. It may be worth less at this point and depending on when they purchased it they may owe more then it's worth. It's happening to a lot of people around here.

Thanks Emma I figured that one out,lol...what I mean is how does this play out in regards to POI/not POI etc. Does this change somehow now that she has an atty. that they would now say she is a POI?
It seems to me it must have something to do with the LE presser tomoz at 10am.

It could be they were sitting on her pretty hard so she was convinced by friends and family she needs an attny. Hope LE got some truthful info from her because she won't be sayin' anything more to them with Mr Houze by her side. It could be now comes the time for an arrest. I also agree with you Calliope that she could be a pro bono client. IMO

Very interesting. I don't think this has to do with custody.

He's a criminal defense attorney...now I wonder why she feels like she needs him? I mean really..she not a POI right, she's not a suspect...:waitasec:
Maybe she knows something we don't know, like where Kyron is.:furious:

I doubt she's going to 'open up' and spill what she knows about Kyron's disappearance now that she's retained a defense attorney. On the contrary--she's going to no longer speak with LE and her attorney is going to protect her and force the state to proceed w/their investigation without her 'cooperation.' No more police interviews, LDTs or any of that.

It will be up to LE to get the goods on her, enough that the DA is ready to present the evidence to a grand jury or hold a prelim to get her bound over for trial. They (LE) are not there quite yet, IMHO.

I may need a break from this case. I have always been honest and forthright in my postings. sadly, my first thought was, Why did it have to be a Volvo?
I realize that is not relative at all.
I guess my point is that I am sad. And disheartened. I saw this coming but I kept that tiny bit of hope.
I would say that the handwriting is on the wall. I also would bet good money that a whole lotta WS'ers were right on the money. I wish they hadn't been. This whole thing makes my heart hurt. I even made sure to remember him in my prayers while we were on vacation. I was so hoping to come home and see that he had been found.
I am babbling now, so I will stop.This news I just cannot wrap my brain around even though I thought she had a role in it.:sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back