Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they were ready to arrest her, why not?

Did they have their hat hanging on her falling for the sting?

I keep thinking this just didn't pan out for LE. Nice try, but no cigar.

Back to the drawing board.

Terri's vanity plate might foretell how difficult it is going to be catch her.

JMHO and hoping I'm wrong.

It's a good thing people cannot be arrested just on a rumor from some guy that did yard work 8 or 9 months ago for you. This is just not good police work. We should not even know about this "incident" since it brought nothing to arrest anyone. Maybe no one ever paid the yard work guy and he wanted to get even. Maybe he never even met them.

Why do we know about a failed sting? What is going on with LE there?

Is anyone searching for Kyron? Have they gone door to door for him? None of this makes sense.

I read this title and then say, "But they didn't." Over time, they're probably not going to garner more evidence against her with regard to the murder-for-hire. They have her computer, phone records, the guy she supposedly hired, etc. It's my firm belief they were banking on her incriminating herself during the sting operation, and she didn't take the bait. When she didn't take the bait, the case fell apart. There's nothing else, IMHO -- they guy she supposedly hired has no proof of this, or he would've already handed it over to LE. Kyron's been missing for over a month, so they've got her phone records, her computer files, and everything else they need to find out more information about this. Unsealing the RO pretty much confirms that in my mind, they don't have anything concrete on her.

I think LE and Kaine went to the judge on the word of lawn boy, and given Kyron's disappearance and lawn boy's statement, the judge granted the RO.

It's a good thing people cannot be arrested just on a rumor from some guy that did yard work 8 or 9 months ago for you. This is just not good police work. We should not even know about this "incident" since it brought nothing to arrest anyone. Maybe no one ever paid the yard work guy and he wanted to get even. Maybe he never even met them.

I agree. If this was true, you could say/make up that anybody had done this, this and this.. well, all our enemies would be "convicting" us of something.

Hearsay, not a powerful thing physically, but oh-so "captivating" for the masses.

Undercover Extortion Attempt

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...asked_ter.html

Just caught that the UC game with the landscaper and Terri was set up to extort $10K out of Terri for NOT telling about the murder for hire thing.

Terri called 911 on that.

I think that responding detectives then finally had to tell Terri that there really was not a threat, that she'd just been set up by them, and that she was set up because she was a suspect.

I think (as in connect-the-dots) this is what happened, and all in one day...

That Saturday, Terri & Kaine wake up. Terri goes "downtown" to LE, takes an LDT, Kaine takes the opportunity to move out with the baby, unbeknownst to Terri during the LDT, Terri comes home and the landscaper and UC guy run their extortion sting attempt, Terri doesn't bite, in fact, she calls 911 on these people trying to extort $10K out of her, detectives respond to 911 explain to Terri it was a sting, and she is a suspect, then Terri later realizes Kaine has left and taken the baby and may not be coming back, Terri calls 911 about custody, confirms Kaine has taken the baby and he can do that, he's the father...and Terri realizes she's on her own...except for her Mom who is still there, her Dad moves in to "support", and a few friends who are largely in the dark, having a "Kaine is such a bully" party.

IMO, now THAT's a rough day!

Terri had the 2nd LDT on 6/19; not the Saturday of the 911 call or KH and K moving out.

Also, if she did try to hire the landscaper to murder Kaine then why in the world would she call 911 about him threatening her over it? That makes no sense to me.

Source: Police were ready to arrest Terri Horman over plot to kill her husband

Another unidentified source? Another meaningless dot to connect, an assumption to ponder over. Sounds like LE want to arrest Terri for anything they can...so why didn't they? :banghead:

Another unidentified source? Another meaningless dot to connect, an assumption to ponder over. Sounds like LE want to arrest Terri for anything they can...so why didn't they? :banghead:

BBM

Because they have no reason to. No proof that she has committed a crime. They have nothing.

Well,as much as I thought they should look into Terri and Kaine.The more I'm reading and learning about this case.I feel if the pieces of the puzzle are not fitting for Terri(the murder for hit and missing Kyron).They need to look somewhere else also.I'm not saying don't look at Terri or Kaine.I've always felt they both need to be looked into.I really pray they are looking into other people also.What a mess.

Well, if they were ready to arrest her, why not?

Did they have their hat hanging on her falling for the sting?

I keep thinking this just didn't pan out for LE
. Nice try, but no cigar.

Back to the drawing board.

Terri's vanity plate might foretell how difficult it is going to be catch her.

JMHO and hoping I'm wrong.

I have to wonder if they are even looking at anyone else right now -Are they going keep trying to throw things out there hoping something sticks?

Where does it say landscaper originally reported the plot? I missed that.

I swear I read in this thread that he reported it but LE didn't do anything. And people were talking about how LE would get into major trouble for that if Kaine had been killed. I guess I misread it and he didn't previously tell investigators about it? I am a bit confused here.

"On June 26th, the landscaper, who has been cooperating with authorities and was wearing a wire, met with Terri and an undercover officer. Police were prepared to arrest her if she implicated herself but Terri cut the conversation short, the source told KGW."

"Police records showed that Terri made two calls to 911 on the night of June 26. The first time, at 5:17PM, was recorded as being related to "threats"..."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Hormanprobelatest-97771724.html

The 911 calls are sealed, but what I can gather, it seems Terri called LE to report LE's sting operation. What a mixed up mess that turned out to be.

"On June 26th, the landscaper, who has been cooperating with authorities and was wearing a wire, met with Terri and an undercover officer. Police were prepared to arrest her if she implicated herself but Terri cut the conversation short, the source told KGW."

"Police records showed that Terri made two calls to 911 on the night of June 26. The first time, at 5:17PM, was recorded as being related to "threats"..."

The 911 calls are sealed, but what I can gather, it seems Terri called LE to report LE's sting operation. What a mixed up mess that turned out to be.

oh.wow!
So "they are trying to make it seem like I'm trying to kill my husband." I could imagine that could be a pretty hysterical (not funny) call.

Do you think by now maybe they've figured out that they just might be jumping to conclusions???

I just hope their tunnel vision didn't let somebody else get away...

Hello, first-time poster! :)

I am wondering why the media and articles keep referring to Terri's response to the wired landscaper/undercover police officer as quickly "shut(ting) him down"? I wish we knew her actual response... It is also not clear to me if this was the reason for the 911 call on Sat. the 26. If so, IMO, that wouldn't simply be shutting him down--that would sound more like a valid defense of an attack. They also don't give the wording on how the LS "asked" for the $10,000--could it have been ambiguous, sounding like an offer? (thinking out loud here!)

gliving--I guess I was writing while you had already posted--same thoughts!! :)

I guess KGW just wanted to jump on the bandwagon. I don't see any other reason for this article. Of course LE was prepared to arrest her; that's kinda what a 'sting' is all about.

I'm willing to give LE the benefit of doubt on the sting.

Try and get inside their heads for a moment. Of course she's not going to incriminate herself, that's obvious. But sending this guy over there with this kind of timing is a huge curve-ball, and WHATEVER her response happens to be will speak volumes about her mindset. With a curve ball like that, nobody's likely to have a canned response ready, and despite the fact that she did not incriminate herself, I'm sure it was a great bellwether for "suspicious/expecting arrest" vs "innocent and uninvolved."

I think we are all confused lol.

First there were reports of A landscaper (singular) who was approached but never reported the strange request to LE until tracked down by LE and questioned after Kyron's disappareance.

Then there was some news story that seemed to suggest there were two landscapers the one discussed above, and a second who was also approached (in 2009) but refused and then reported to LE the attempt to hire him. (I find that highly bizarre if true, wouldn't police have investigated and warned Kain?) The link to the story (which originated on blinkcrime but was supposedly independantly confirmed by katu news.

ETA the following link http://www.katu.com/news/local/97845894.html

Then, and finally my favorite mud in the water - landscaper number three, who has come out of the woodwork via a radio program wherein he stated that he "must not have been the right type" to approach. From what I understand, he does not claim to have been approached about murder for hire, but did provide some sort of estimate for landscaping and was not hired (for either yard work or murder).

So there ya go, clear as mud! And I still have no idea whether landscaper number two exists or if it is just so much bullspit.

Terri had the 2nd LDT on 6/19; not the Saturday of the 911 call or KH and K moving out.

Also, if she did try to hire the landscaper to murder Kaine then why in the world would she call 911 about him threatening her over it? That makes no sense to me.

Oh, thank you. I think that's so. She was just called to LE to speak with investigators that Saturday 26th? I'll fix my post while I can. :) Still a bad day eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa