Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also--more to the point, she cooperated completely until her husband and the other couple turned on her...

I've thought all along that DY and KH have been upset with TH because she left Kyron unattended. In their eyes anyway. But she MAY have felt it was safe. I mean, he was INSIDE the school for goodness sake. Who would have thought he'd go missing?

I'm not saying she is not the culprit, I'm just not convinced, yet.

I raised 6 children. Thank goodness nothing happened to them while they walked back and forth to school etc. There were many times, I am sure, they could have been abducted.

We lived in a small town. We used to pick the kids up and take them to school and events, but occasionally they did walk. Especially once the oldest was at an age to walk alone, then you entrust them to take care of the younger ones.

Oh, and I may have at one time or another, left my child 100's of feet from the classroom. Thank goodnes no one came along and led them away. I would have been crucified. :) Who would think somone would be on the school grounds or in the school building that could lead this child away? But that MAY have been what happened here. There were too many people that didn't normally belong.

How many times have you seen a perp, NOT counting their 'booking photo,' that looked just like the guy next door or your grandpa? seriously.

I hope LE can come up with more than this. They do need to bring this child home. I get so frustrated in this waiting game. Makes me want to drive up there and just begin looking!

Whoever has Kyron, please let him go home. PLEASE!!

JMHO
fran

IMO, police have a GUT feeling and want her arrested so bad.......but DA says not enough evidence yet and looking for Kyron dead or alive.
AND LE may be looking to arrest her buddyin crime if there is one!
I'm done reading a book called "PRECIOUS VICTIMS"
LE KNEW MOM DID IT but took 3 years and another death before proof to arrest her!!!!
I'm thinking maybe the DA was there for the murder for hire.Not Kyron missing.That these are two seperate cases.I wouldn't be surprised to hear real soon the DA is no longer around.

BBM.

If it were me and I had an attorney to accompany me on all interviews with LE then yes I would turn the other cheek. We're talking about a missing 7 year old child. And if I had to turn the other cheek to help find said missing 7 year old child I would. Especially if I was innocent and had nothing to hide.

But that's just me.

You say that, and I would say that too. But we don't know exactly what is going through this woman's head. I mean, the ONE person she could count on has turned on her, KH. Now she has NO ONE that's looking out for her. Yeah, she has her lawyer now, but lawyers ALWAYS advise their client to SHUT UP. Even if they're innocent.

Like someone else brought up the poly. She's done two. Maybe she did fail or be secretive. Who knows? We just have LE's word. Maybe when they asked her specific questions she got upset, (with herself, blaming herself), and it showed up as deceptive?

I think that may be one reason why polys aren't admissable in court. There are too many variables that can show up as deceptive, but are just an emotional question to the subject.

That's just my opinion and I've never had to take a poly. Thank goodness!

JMHO
fran

BBM.

If it were me and I had an attorney to accompany me on all interviews with LE then yes I would turn the other cheek. We're talking about a missing 7 year old child. And if I had to turn the other cheek to help find said missing 7 year old child I would. Especially if I was innocent and had nothing to hide.

But that's just me.
I do think she does need to work with LE to find Kyron.I hope she is.

I've thought all along that DY and KH have been upset with TH because she left Kyron unattended. In their eyes anyway. But she MAY have felt it was safe. I mean, he was INSIDE the school for goodness sake. Who would have thought he'd go missing?

I'm not saying she is not the culprit, I'm just not convinced, yet.

I raised 6 children. Thank goodness nothing happened to them while they walked back and forth to school etc. There were many times, I am sure, they could have been abducted.

We lived in a small town. We used to pick the kids up and take them to school and events, but occasionally they did walk. Especially once the oldest was at an age to walk alone, then you entrust them to take care of the younger ones.

Oh, and I may have at one time or another, left my child 100's of feet from the classroom. Thank goodnes no one came along and led them away. I would have been crucified. :) Who would think somone would be on the school grounds or in the school building that could lead this child away? But that MAY have been what happened here. There were too many people that didn't normally belong.

How many times have you seen a perp, NOT counting their 'booking photo,' that looked just like the guy next door or your grandpa? seriously.

I hope LE can come up with more than this. They do need to bring this child home. I get so frustrated in this waiting game. Makes me want to drive up there and just begin looking!

Whoever has Kyron, please let him go home. PLEASE!!

JMHO
fran

GOOD POINTS.....this is a case where through no fault of their own, LE has been placed in a huge conflict of interest situation. The same entity that funds their services and pays their salaries also funds the school district (i.e. the government through taxes). IF they find that the school district policies and lack of security enabled an employee or even a stranger to abduct this child, then obviously there will be a multi-million dollar law suit or settlement that will then affect funding for the future of both organizations. If they can either prove (or implicate and then never solve) a case against the parent....the school and therefore the tax funds are not liable, or at least much less so. While I am in no way implying that LE is not trying to find the real answers in this case, it is just a fact that HOW it turns out is directly tied into tax revenues, as are their own salaries and department funds.

jmo

I haven not been this glued to a missing child case ever. I have not a clue how to "sluth" someone, so I read everyone's posts here :)
This one has really gotten to me. But, although I have my own ideas relating to who did this, I am very careful on how I say them. I am not saying this to anyone in particular, but I am concerned about false accusations. She, right now, appears to be convicted by the court of opinion, if reading the newspapers reflect the general feeling of people. If Terri did not do this, if she is innocent, there is still going to be a whole heck of a lot of people who will blame her. How will she find a job? Accusations like this, even when someone is proven innocent, follow someone for the rest of their lives. I hope that if she has nothing to do with this, then she is still able to live her life without others hounding her every move.

That being said, if you harm a child I think you should be put behind bars for the rest of your life.

tabbycat

WELCOME to the world of posting on Weblseuths. :rose:

Glad you decided to pipe in.

I totally agree with what you posted.

fran

I have never been among those who thought that LE knew exactly what they were doing in this case (and maybe they do) and I have never become more confident along the way.

Back when Gates finally stated that Terri was the last to see Kyron I did think, for a day or two, that they had proof of that and that they would explain. But then I was back to thinking that they this was just what they had decided after talking to the witnesses.

And it still lurks in my mind that perhaps there was pressure on LE to make sure that the public was not rattled at the beginning of summer/tourists, etc...so LE followed the lead that they believed in but also the one that allowed them to tell the public not to fret.

And wanting to arrest her for something else to keep/put her in jail...sounds like another case with a still-missing child...

Fran,

I fear Kyron's disappearance is a perfect storm scenario -- Terri's personality, past and present mistakes that make her appear guilty as hell, but ultimately, she's not. This case reminds me a lot of Danielle van Dam for some reason. In her case, the parents did drugs, were swingers, Danielle disappeared from inside the home, etc. Ultimately, though, they were people who made, IMHO, terrible parenting and personal choices, but they didn't murder their child.

Riley Fox's father confessed! Ed Smart has always given me the heebs! I was convinced he was guilty. It's still hard for me to shake my suspicion of him and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, he had nothing to do with his daughter's abduction. There precedent for the perfect storm, and there are valid reasons why Terri could be innocent. I'm not saying she is, and if she's guilty, she needs to be punished to the full extent of the law, but I'm not convinced of her guilt.

I also worry that LE has focused on Terri to the exclusion of all others, which means that if she is innocent, the perpetrator of all this could go unpunished.

I have to applaud you for posting this.
Terri may be unlikeable but doesn't make her a murderer. I hope LE has hard evidence if the are willing to arrest or convict anyone. It doesn't do anyone any good if she is innocent and a kidnapper/murderer walks free.
I hope LE investigates the lawn man and if someone hired him to lie in order to make Terri look guilty.
I would suspect everyone until, there's physical evidence.
I am watching this case closely an have so many theories but I do not feel comfortable sharing them on a forum.

I have to applaud you for posting this.
Terri may be unlikeable but doesn't make her a murderer. I hope LE has hard evidence if the are willing to arrest or convict anyone. It doesn't do anyone any good if she is innocent and a kidnapper/murderer walks free.
I hope LE investigates the lawn man and if someone hired him to lie in order to make Terri look guilty.
I would suspect everyone until, there's physical evidence.
I am watching this case closely an have so many theories but I do not feel comfortable sharing them on a forum.

ITA, and I hope the FBI is still involved. I don't like the way this is being handled at all. Scary stuff.

You say that, and I would say that too. But we don't know exactly what is going through this woman's head. I mean, the ONE person she could count on has turned on her, KH. Now she has NO ONE that's looking out for her. Yeah, she has her lawyer now, but lawyers ALWAYS advise their client to SHUT UP. Even if they're innocent.

Like someone else brought up the poly. She's done two. Maybe she did fail or be secretive. Who knows? We just have LE's word. Maybe when they asked her specific questions she got upset, (with herself, blaming herself), and it showed up as deceptive?

I think that may be one reason why polys aren't admissable in court. There are too many variables that can show up as deceptive, but are just an emotional question to the subject.

That's just my opinion and I've never had to take a poly. Thank goodness!

JMHO
fran

Your're right polys aren't admissible. But we also aren't privy to all that LE has right now. And these detectives, I presume, have been doing this for a while and some much more than "awhile". There must be a reason they are focusing on her. I'm not ready to throw the book at her just yet either. But if Terri has lied to LE and they can prove it then it doesn't bode well for her and of course that's going to make these seasoned LE take another look at her.

And I don't care how many times LE would want to interview, polygraph me, whatever. If it were my stepson or child I wouldn't care. Whatever needed to be done to find the child is what I would do. I certainly wouldn't clam up. Even if my husband turned on me. This isn't about loyalties, marriages, or appearances the ONLY thing that should matter to Terri and the rest of the family is getting Kyron back.

But again that's just me.

Of course, just for arguments sake- if she did have something to do with Kyron's disappearance then I would clam up because if she talks she will never get her daughter back.

I guess I'd like the parents (not LE, since they aren't making the accusation) to be specific about what they want Terri to "cooperate" with--she was cooperating for 3 weeks--it wasn't until her husband took her baby and left & LE tried to entrap her that she stopped "cooperating"...

ITA, and I hope the FBI is still involved. I don't like the way this is being handled at all. Scary stuff.

If I was Terri I would be scared to death right now.
If she is not guilty she might have a good lawsuit on her hands.

GOOD POINTS.....this is a case where through no fault of their own, LE has been placed in a huge conflict of interest situation. The same entity that funds their services and pays their salaries also funds the school district (i.e. the government through taxes). IF they find that the school district policies and lack of security enabled an employee or even a stranger to abduct this child, then obviously there will be a multi-million dollar law suit or settlement that will then affect funding for the future of both organizations. If they can either prove (or implicate and then never solve) a case against the parent....the school and therefore the tax funds are not liable, or at least much less so. While I am in no way implying that LE is not trying to find the real answers in this case, it is just a fact that HOW it turns out is directly tied into tax revenues, as are their own salaries and department funds.

jmo

Where I live in a different state, police funding and school funding are 2 separate issues. They may come from the taxpayer, but they are not linked in anyway.

What happens to a school has nothing to do with LE.

I guess I'd like the parents (not LE, since they aren't making the accusation) to be specific about what they want Terri to "cooperate" with--she was cooperating for 3 weeks--it wasn't until her husband took her baby and left & LE tried to entrap her that she stopped "cooperating"...

You know not being privy to all the information in this case it's difficult to speculate on much.

We simply don't know what is going on. We have no idea if Terri is changing her story, if she's being untruthful (even if presented with evidence that her information is not truthful), or what evidence has been collected from previous searches.

And we don't know that she has been cooperating these past 3 weeks. There might have been a few questions that Terri refused to answer.

Basically we just don't know anything right now. When that protective order gets unsealed we might have a clue.

But even then we still won't see the returned search warrant which means we don't know what other evidence was collected.

Where I live in a different state, police funding and school funding are 2 separate issues. They may come from the taxpayer, but they are not linked in anyway.

What happens to a school has nothing to do with LE.

Still, in the eye of the public, if it comes out that this was a stranger abduction, it would look like (to me anyway) that LE was trying not to find the school liable, and keep the community pacified, by going hard after Terri. And if never solved, I think lots more people will always wonder about a stranger abduction, even as Terri will always have a cloud of guilt.

If she is being set up for the murder for hire plot, is she being set up for Kyron missing as well?

You know not being privy to all the information in this case it's difficult to speculate on much.

We simply don't know what is going on. We have no idea if Terri is changing her story, if she's being untruthful (even if presented with evidence that her information is not truthful), or what evidence has been collected from previous searches.

And we don't know that she has been cooperating these past 3 weeks. There might have been a few questions that Terri refused to answer.

Basically we just don't know anything right now. When that protective order gets unsealed we might have a clue.

But even then we still won't see the returned search warrant which means we don't know what other evidence was collected.

We really won't know anything until we see what evidence is presented at whatever trial eventually takes place.

I'm trying to find the article where I read that! :)

ETA: still looking--I read it this a.m., but now can't find it--many articles don't have the date he was hired...

I know that's when there were articles about her retaining the attorney, but I wonder if she had at least consulted with him before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member