Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right Rose - PB and others with him were interviewed over the phone. But then there was some kind of teleconference between PB and his lawyer and SC LE if I'm not mistaken.

The "girls" may have been interviewed by phone as well - but I'm not sure if my memory is holding out correctly on that one.

The LE report - maybe the 2nd one? LE went to the Boardwalk Resort/Hotel where the girls ended up and they talked to one of the other guys from ROC as he was noted on the report, but made no mention of the girls or anyone else really being interviewed at that time.

ETA: I think it was NC that LE talked to at the Boardwalk

hey guys i wanted to let you know that I am on vacation in Myrtle Beach right now. Woudl you be able to give me locations on where Brittany was last seen and what her hotel was? I am curious if I am anywhere near it. I can tell you that where I am at there are palm trees and a lot of shops. I don't see any wooded area's where I am.

FWIW: Brittanee's boyfriend 'moved on' and you can find him by name on myspace and facebook with his new girlfriend. I believe, last time I checked, the two of them were in Las Vegas. JO is now married....everyone seems to be living it up and moving on. It often feels like all of us strangers care more than SOME of her friends.

Hi Willen,

Brittanee was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort, which is located at 2001 Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach. She was last seen on their lobby/front entryway security camera, where she was walking out of the lobby and would, presumably, be headed back to her own hotel north of BWR. She never made it there and--according to LE--she was picked up/abducted within just a few minutes of that last video.
Maybe some 'new' eyes will bring a fresh perspective.

Doc: So you believe that J.O. turned down the reward money offered to her NOT because she didn't know anything, but because she doesn't want to be 'black-balled' by her friends?

Prior to the tight timeline released a few months ago, I have always believed that the ROC group had met or knew one/some of the Georgetown Co. group. Still, even after the timeline, I question how someone could so quickly abduct Brittanee and take her all the way to GC in that short span of time without being heard or seen. We are talking just a few short minutes for them to grab Brittanee....otherwise they would have never made it to GC in that same time. Quick abductions happen all the time, I suppose, but right on Ocean Blvd seems incredibly brazen. Thus, I still frequently debate the idea that she knew of these guy/s....that she may have seen him or have been introduced to one of them at one of the clubs they visited.....and that she willingly got into the vehicle and was suddenly overpowered.

Difficult to say but the media was on them so hard I think they were all afraid. Drugs were probably apart of this and people were afraid of some of PB's contacts. So in theory is 10K-20K worth being afraid of walking out of your front door? If anything comes out it will probably be a domino effect. Think about it if she was the drug runner for both groups, she was running for a lot of people. I don't think it's ironic that none of the people who were down there have done much to help with the search. That might lead to questions and put them in akward positions. They all turned the page.

Yes it does appear that only strangers are worried about BD and her family now. It almost felt like that from the very beginning as well. So sad.

FWIW: Brittanee's boyfriend 'moved on' and you can find him by name on myspace and facebook with his new girlfriend. I believe, last time I checked, the two of them were in Las Vegas. JO is now married....everyone seems to be living it up and moving on. It often feels like all of us strangers care more than SOME of her friends.

Well now I cannot help but wonder if BD crosses their minds. Just think if JO was planning a wedding and going through all of those wonderful things (assuming she had an actual wedding) DD has been deprived of the honor of helping her daughter plan her wedding. I am not blaming JO for BD's disappearance, but it does bother me big time that she and the others would not even give DD the time of day, even in the very beginning. Looks like they could have at least said, "I'm' so sorry this happened". Again, hate to keep harping on this but if they would just have a plain old conversation about the trip and time spent in MB, something could come out that would give the case a break. They don't have to be targeting anyone, but just giving a generalization of what they all did while there; i.e.; spent such and such a night at that club and BD went with us that night, etc. That reward money she was offered could have certainly helped toward the expense of a wedding (IMO).

Difficult to say but the media was on them so hard I think they were all afraid. Drugs were probably apart of this and people were afraid of some of PB's contacts. So in theory is 10K-20K worth being afraid of walking out of your front door? If anything comes out it will probably be a domino effect. Think about it if she was the drug runner for both groups, she was running for a lot of people. I don't think it's ironic that none of the people who were down there have done much to help with the search. That might lead to questions and put them in akward positions. They all turned the page.

This has been my assumption from the beginning. IMO, these kids have kept their mouths shut because if they tell the police EVERYTHING they know, they would be implicating themselves in buying, using, and potentially selling drugs. And from what I remember, the drugs these kids alluded to using weren't just mainstream marijuana...one of the pictures from the beach had a caption about "panging out" which someone said had to do with heroin! I do not however, fault them for not speaking publicly. It would be difficult, as an immature teenager to be thrust into the spotlight and have accusations, and questions being thrown at you. Also, if the police said they were a POI, they may legally not be allowed to speak...not defending themselves must be tough for this coarse group of kids.

Now that JO is married, she may soon start a family. If she hasn't already been totally forthcoming with the police, I hope becoming a mother and understanding the value and love of human life will prompt her to tell the whole truth--all the seemingly inconsequential details because even the most minute detail could lead LE to Brittanee.

It is in my opinion only that the kids haven't been totally forthcoming--that isn't a fact, just a personal assumption.

Those there that didn't contribute in any way to helping find Brittanee - well they didn't want to be a "snitch" for one. As someone pointed out earlier their social life would have been in great decline if they had done so. Who wants to hang around with a snitch?

And those folks knew better than to talk for fear they would implicate their selves in something other than anything to do with Brittanee.

I'm sure at least some of them thought they could be in trouble for taking a minor over state lines as well as contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

So instead of losing a few friends or facing a slap on the wrist and/or a fine...they decided to run and distance their self away from the situation.

That distancing has always spoke volumes to me - it tells me, and this is JMHO, they know or have a very good idea of what exactly happened to Brittanee and they knew they could be of no help in rescuing her.

The first interview that JO gave within the few days following Brittanee's disappearance - she spoke of Brittanee in the past tense....

I don't necessarily know that JO is married. Her last name did change - but as was pointed out to me - that is the last name of her mother and step-father.

Looking back to that night when BD left the BWR and it had been stated she was supposedly going to go back and "return the black shorts" to one of the girls who was demanding she bring them back, I have often wondered if the "black shorts" was just a code name for something else BD had they wanted That could explain why these girls "allowed" a 17-year-old who did not appear to be close friends with any of them to come along on this trip in the first place. They were using her and she was getting a free trip to the beach out of it. Unfortunately poor BD got way more than a trip to the beach. All my own thoughts here of course.

From LE report:

Upon initial response and meeting with complaintant John Hahn, Officer Cleary and Damm did attempt contact with the occupants of room #305. There was no answer when Officer Cleary knocked and announced himself as a police officer. The night auditor gained entrance but no one was present. Occupants belongings were still there. At this time Officer Cleary telephoned AL (full name in report) via a telephone number provided by Mr. Hahn.

Officer Cleary later located and telephoned AS (full name in report), PW (full name in report), KC (full name in report) and MA (full name in report), the young men sharing room #601 at the Bluewater Resort with PB (full name in report). These men reported that they had first met Brittanee briefly at Club Kryptonite on Friday night, 4/24/09, stated that they did not know her but that she was a friend of PB's from Rochester, NY. Late Saturday morning, 4/25/09, between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM, Ms Drexel is reported to have met them on the beach for a short time near the Bluewater Resort and then left. Witnesses also reported that Brittanee came back to their room at approximately 8:00 PM, but was only there for about 10 minutes.

PW and KC reported that Ms. Drexel had been arguing with her friend that she came with, they believe it to be J___ (O_____). Ms. Drexel was apparently wearing Ms. O____'s shorts and Ms. O____ wanted them back. Brittanee Drexel is reported to have left the Bluewater Resort ten minutes after arriving to walk back to the Bluewater to return the friends clothing.

I wanted to address one thing on Grieco. From what I heard he has not done well with this. He has tried to move on but has struggled. I heard at one point he was going to join the military and that would probably be to get away from all of this. DD herself told him he needs to proceed with his life and that he can't wait on her forever.

I wanted to address one thing on Grieco. From what I heard he has not done well with this. He has tried to move on but has struggled. I heard at one point he was going to join the military and that would probably be to get away from all of this. DD herself told him he needs to proceed with his life and that he can't wait on her forever.

I am so glad you told us this. It must be really hard on him. I am sure he feels guilty about trying to move on with his life. God bless DD for telling to proceed with his life.

Thanks Doc for info on JG, you have give him credit tho, he put his job and college on hold for a month or more in the beginning, he walked MB streets day in and day out putting up posters etc, its hard on anyone but he has move on i guess if bd was my daughter ill have tell boyfriend the seem,,, on a diff note the JH that DD sent to MB to report her missing, hes in service out country,but i read today he be back first of Aug,,i seen he posted this to DD
((JH,, i miss you guys ill be home soon n everything will work out)) so maybe once hes back home he be able to get more answers from ROC gang!!!!

Hey Guys.... Sorry I am just now getting back to you. We drove by that area today and I got a picture of Bar Harbor place that I thinks he was walking to. I thought I got the hotel she was staying in but took a picture of the wrong thing. My mom and I have to go downstairs for a minute to do something with hotel keys so I will be back and post the pics when I upload them. Oh and I got one of the street while in the car so you can see it. Where she was staying there is abosoltuely NO wooded area. It is right on the beach and like shops/restraunts.

Here are the pictures that I took tonight. I know that i got the wrong hotel but I included it just so you can get a general idea of the area. The where you can see straight down the road and there is a car in view is facing North. There is one of the Bar Harbor hotel where I think she was last seen at.

ETA: Bar Harbor is where she was staying!!!! Just looked it up.

Thanks for the pics.

The Bar Harbor is where Brittanee was staying. The Bluewater was where she had walked to see PB. Brittanee was walking from the Bluewater back to Bar Harbor when she went missing

OMG yeah we drove right by that. Just looked it up. I pointed out to my sister that when I was looking online for us to stay in that Blue Water cost a fortune. It is on the beach. If you go here you can see a picture of it. Same street too but I think that Bar Harbor is a bit of walk from there. Here is a link:

http://www.bluewaterresort.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member