2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

Question?

Would LE wait for the Grand Jury decide on the MFH plot? Or would they go ahead and make the arrest on the evidence?

Too, I think if this is not directly the MFH plot, there must be significant evidence of what has happened to Kyron, otherwise the DA wouldn't take their chances on presenting it to the Grand Jury.

Live breaking news on KGW - local tv
Showing DS leaving courthouse.
Will post link when kgw.com updates site

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...bpoenaed-by-grand/uUe0JJ6oVky8uRAja_o1cA.cspx

Posted on July 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Updated today at 11:57 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Moulton-Horman, testified before the grand jury Monday in Multnomah County as part of the Kyron Horman case.

LOL...The "crazy cousin" was pretty honest and wise, in retrospect.

I'm hopeful for some movement for the first time in a very long time!

Could TH's attorney visit on Friday have been prep for testimony to the GJ?

Why are you guys so positive about it? I feel like I'm missing a lot??

That TH is getting arrested tomorrow. Dede is the person who is thought to be her accomplice and who's time missing from work overlaps TH's time driving baby K around on backroads to soothe a hurting ear. It's HUGE that she testified in front of a grand jury. Usually that testimony is sealed, so it's most likely that she told the truth about what happened that day. At least I hope so.

Did they subpoena her because she refused to talk? Very interesting!

So we believe DeDe betrayed Terri and told the truth?? When will we know?? This makes me REALLY happy.

What does this grand jury thing mean?? I am confused!!

A prosecutor goes before a grand jury to present evidence in order to determine if there is probable cause for an indictment.

It's likely that DS was subpoenaed to testify whatever she knows or whatever LE believes she knows. To clarify further, according to the ABA:

Who must testify before a grand jury?

A prosecutor can obtain a subpoena to compel anyone to testify before a grand jury, without showing probable cause and, in most jurisdictions, without even showing that the person subpoenaed is likely to have relevant information. In the federal system the prosecutor is not required to demonstrate any relevance. The person subpoenaed to testify then is compelled to answer questions unless he or she can claim a specific privilege, such as the marital privilege, lawyer/client privilege, or the privilege against self-incrimination.

Can we expect an arrest tonight or in the morning? It may take the Grand Jury longer than just an afternoon to return an inditement.

All of this is very interesting to me as this morning was when I had to report for what I thought was jury duty. It was actually for Grand Jury selection. I have a number assigned to me and I am to call in every morning to see if I am needed. I have to serve for 30 days. We were selected this morning and I was there for 3 hours. No assignments to any cases were given.

We will never know exactly what DS may have said to the Grand Jury, but I hope she was very truthful!

JMO

Live breaking news on KGW - local tv
Showing DS leaving courthouse.
Will post link when kgw.com updates site

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...bpoenaed-by-grand/uUe0JJ6oVky8uRAja_o1cA.cspx

Posted on July 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Updated today at 11:57 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Moulton-Horman, testified before the grand jury Monday in Multnomah County as part of the Kyron Horman case.

Bold: So, the cousin was right... 'jury on Monday'. Wow.

WTG, free.. I lost all track of time today. :)

That TH is getting arrested tomorrow. Dede is the person who is thought to be her accomplice and who's time missing from work overlaps TH's time driving baby K around on backroads to soothe a hurting ear. It's HUGE that she testified in front of a grand jury. Usually that testimony is sealed, so it's most likely that she told the truth about what happened that day. At least I hope so.

Above BBM

According to the ABA:

Why are grand jury proceedings secret?

Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provide that the prosecutor, grand jurors, and the grand jury stenographer are prohibited from disclosing what happened before the grand jury, unless ordered to do so in a judicial proceeding. Secrecy was originally designed to protect the grand jurors from improper pressures. The modern justifications are to prevent the escape of people whose indictment may be contemplated, to ensure that the grand jury is free to deliberate without outside pressure, to prevent subornation of perjury or witness tampering prior to a subsequent trial, to encourage people with information about a crime to speak freely, and to protect the innocent accused from disclosure of the fact that he or she was under investigation.

However,

Why can a grand jury witness talk about his or her testimony?

In the federal courts, the witness is not sworn to secrecy, and may disclose whatever he or she wishes to whomever he or she wishes. The witness exemption was adopted in part because it was thought that requiring witness secrecy was unrealistic and unenforceable, and in part to allow the witness to rebut rumors concerning his or her testimony. There is a basic revulsion in the United States about secret testimony.

So we believe DeDe betrayed Terri and told the truth?? When will we know?? This makes me REALLY happy.

Maybe this was the plan all along. The friend being outed and "uncooperative" kept Terri talking .... just to the wrong person..

Eating crow here. I thought "cousin" was full of baloney.:crazy:

Hopefully we will get some real information now.

A prosecutor goes before a grand jury to present evidence in order to determine if there is probable cause for an indictment.

It's likely that DS was subpoenaed to testify whatever she knows or whatever LE believes she knows. To clarify further, according to the ABA:

Who must testify before a grand jury?

A prosecutor can obtain a subpoena to compel anyone to testify before a grand jury, without showing probable cause and, in most jurisdictions, without even showing that the person subpoenaed is likely to have relevant information. In the federal system the prosecutor is not required to demonstrate any relevance. The person subpoenaed to testify then is compelled to answer questions unless he or she can claim a specific privilege, such as the marital privilege, lawyer/client privilege, or the privilege against self-incrimination.

I can't help being skeptical, especially in this case, lol---this sounds like more bullying and force from LE, IMO...DS refused to talk and they didn't "play games", they subpoenaed her...I could be wrong!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back