Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
no this truck with newer case ,truck is missing from charleston, guy owns truck,his body was found few weeks ago (dead) ,this why i could not figure out why soon as MB set ST bond ,that charleston county didnt pick him up,,,but $ talks so big dogs will walk :-()

Hey Rose, do we have any news links about this man found a few weeks ago? Would love to hear the details.

I can't believe Charleston hasnt picked him up yet. Of course I havent checked their bookings - need to do that but I would think it would make news. Wouldnt the fact the truck is on his property be enough probable cause to obtain an arrest warrant?

Thanks for the info on the cousins too, Rose. You're great!

ETA: Can't find a booking registry for Charleston County.

Checked the RSO while I was there and only one Taylor in McC'ville, Bobby/William; Lives on Hwy 17, born 1947.

Ms Rose is pretty awesome! Thanks for inputting your local knowledge on this board!

Hi all! My daughter and grand dog have been visiting so I haven't had time to post but have been checking in today.

Wow! You all have been doing some serious sleuthing! I look forward to reading and catching up when I have the time.

Keep on keeping on for Brittannee!

wm

Hey WM. Enjoy time with daughter and "grand dog". OT, I have a grand dog too. He now has a "big sister" of the "human variety"...LOL. Granddogs are wonderful.

Hey Rose, do we have any news links about this man found a few weeks ago? Would love to hear the details.

I can't believe Charleston hasnt picked him up yet. Of course I havent checked their bookings - need to do that but I would think it would make news. Wouldnt the fact the truck is on his property be enough probable cause to obtain an arrest warrant?

Checked the RSO while I was there and only one Taylor in McC'ville, Bobby/William; Lives on Hwy 17, born 1947.

Hi, i been in MB all day was WOW when i got home seen how busy all of you were today

this in charleston newspaper

Taylor is the brother of a McClellanville man who had been charged with the 1998 abduction and murder of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, authorities said. McConaughey's body was found in northern Charleston County, the same general area where investigators last pinpointed Drexel's cell phone signal.

McConaughey, of St. Stephen, was last seen Jan. 29, 1998, leaving the Cracker Barrel restaurant in North Charleston after eating with friends in her Amway sales group. Her car was found abandoned and burned two weeks later in woods near McClellanville. Her body was found on March 6 of that year.

Sheriff's deputies charged Randall Keith Taylor, now 42, and four other men in connection with her killing in February 2001. One co-defendant told investigators Randall Taylor raped and shot McConaughey. Prosecutors dismissed the charges against all five suspects later that year, citing insufficient evidence.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jul/30/abduction-try-prompts-look-back/

From DD's FB page

DD: We fully support the Cue Center all the hard work and search efforts.We luv u Monica and your a great advocate and I know in my heart that u will nver stop searchin for Britt.I know she would love you too..Thank u so much!!!5 hours ago via Mobile Web ·

View Feedback 16 people like this.

JH: as soon as i get back im puttin my foot in someones *advertiser censored* until they find my brit!! i miss you see you soon!
AR: dawn is everything ok..?
5 hours ago

Hi i need correct what i said earlier, the truck that was found at ST is stolen from Horry county, its thought to be truck dealing with a homicide case in Horry not Charleston,,,sorry about mix up,but my friend informed me i had the info wrong,so im correcting it :)

From DD's FB page

DD: We fully support the Cue Center all the hard work and search efforts.We luv u Monica and your a great advocate and I know in my heart that u will nver stop searchin for Britt.I know she would love you too..Thank u so much!!!5 hours ago via Mobile Web ·

View Feedback 16 people like this.

JH: as soon as i get back im puttin my foot in someones *advertiser censored* until they find my brit!! i miss you see you soon!
AR: dawn is everything ok..?
5 hours ago

Hi, JH is guy DD sent file missing report on BD first day of her missing,JH is been out country serveing his country!!! i think i heard he be home in Aug

Ms Rose is pretty awesome! Thanks for inputting your local knowledge on this board!

:) sometimes tho i put my foot in my mouth then im told go remove some of my post (no not anyone from WS,my friend :)

Ok, thanks Rose - that changed my course a little but now we have this.

He was released yesterday from MB City jail to J. Reuben Long (county detention center), and now it is showing released today at appr 6:45...but I don't understand something I hope we can get an answer on.

It says:

T, T S.
1819 OLD COLLINS CREEK RD
MCCLELLANVILLE, SC 29458 AMERICAN (US) MALE 04/19/1973
37 7/29/2010 1:58:00 PM
7/30/2010 6:43:00 PM
ASSAULT / ASSAULT & BATTERY 1ST DEGREE- $20,000.00
CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT KIDNAPPING- Disposed - $50,000.00

What does 'disposed' mean there by the 50K bond amount?

http://www.horrycounty.org/depts/detention/bookings/index.asp

You have to go here and put in 7/29/10 as the booking date to get to his info.

^BBM

Myrtle Beach isn't hurting for revenue. It is a relatively 'cheap' destination as compared to others, thereby drawing in MORE people than usual = increased revenue in general.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/jul/28/sales-tax-revenue-exceeds-myrtle-beach-hopes-ar-633671/

But the city wouldn't invest a dime of that money for security cameras/added protection for residents OR tourists. You're on your own down there.

Specifically to this area, it is not a great area of the boulevard and that parking lot right beside BWR is a haven.

**Now, one thing that could greatly affect these numbers is the recent gulf spill. In my city, just inland from MB, I've seen tons of license plates from Georgia and TN...not that unusual, you see a few here and there but seems more than usual lately. Those people who may usually go to the gulf could have come this way. Normally we mostly see people from NY, VA, WV, MI, PA, but this year tending to see a lot more from the more directly western states and that is about the only thing I can think of to explain it.

Hey you saying something about finding info for Charleston county? heres link you should be able find info on it,,
that was the wrong address this right one sorry :)

http://taxweb.charlestoncounty.org/

Hey you saying something about finding info for Charleston county? heres link you should be able find info on it,,
that was the wrong address this right one sorry :)

http://taxweb.charlestoncounty.org/

Thanks Rose. I found the Charleston County site for taxes etc but nothing for bookings in the county jail, etc. Not all counties list them and maybe they are one that doesn't. That was just when I thought the truck was from Charleston Co and maybe they had got him when he bonded out of city jail - but now I see that was just a transfer to J. Reuben Long and he didnt actually bond out until tonight.

So, in a way I had hope for a moment that Charleston would still get him, but if this murder/stolen truck connection is in Horry Co, then I am back to square one wondering why there were no charges on that from Horry Co. for it being on his property at least, possession of stolen property. :waitasec:

Ok, thanks Rose - that changed my course a little but now we have this.

He was released yesterday from MB City jail to J. Reuben Long (county detention center), and now it is showing released today at appr 6:45...but I don't understand something I hope we can get an answer on.

It says:

T, T S.
1819 OLD COLLINS CREEK RD
MCCLELLANVILLE, SC 29458 AMERICAN (US) MALE 04/19/1973
37 7/29/2010 1:58:00 PM
7/30/2010 6:43:00 PM
ASSAULT / ASSAULT & BATTERY 1ST DEGREE- $20,000.00
CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT KIDNAPPING- Disposed - $50,000.00

What does 'disposed' mean there by the 50K bond amount?

http://www.horrycounty.org/depts/detention/bookings/index.asp

You have to go here and put in 7/29/10 as the booking date to get to his info.

think it means made arrangements

this what dic says--

dispose
verb
1. arrange, put, place, group, set, order, stand, range, settle, fix, rank, distribute, array He was preparing to dispose his effects about the room.
2. lead, move, condition, influence, prompt, tempt, adapt, motivate, bias, induce, incline, predispose, actuate theologies which dispose their adherents to fanaticism
dispose of someone kill, murder, destroy, do in (slang), take out (slang), execute, slaughter, dispatch, assassinate, slay, do away with, knock off (slang), liquidate, neutralize, exterminate, take (someone's) life, bump off (slang), wipe from the face of the earth (informal) They had hired an assassin to dispose of him.
dispose of something
1. get rid of, destroy, dump (informal), scrap, bin (informal), junk (informal), chuck (informal), discard, unload, dispense with, jettison, get shot of, throw out or away Fold up the nappy and dispose of it.
2. deal with, manage, treat, handle, settle, cope with, take care of, see to, finish with, attend to, get to grips with the manner in which you disposed of that problem
3. give, give up, part with, bestow, transfer, make over, deliver up He managed to dispose of more money and goods.

We probably have to wait till first week of Sept before any further action unless they find new charges. At that time he will have to enter a plea and we will see if this is going to trial or not. I do not believe he entered a plea this week, was just charged and made bail.

I'm just not liking that 'disposed' there - want to find out exactly what that means.

I've gone back as far as I can on scnow.com and cant find anything relating to a missing vehicle/death. Havent checked Carolina Live or Sun News, but my eyes are crossed at this point.

I guess we have to 'hurry up and wait' Doc, unless somebody's lips start flapping near Collins Creek with the recent events. I'm sure it's all abuzz, and actually maybe LE wants him out to see what happens, where he goes. Could it be LE could be so on top of it to get a warrant for wiretapping/recording devices planted in the house during the execution of the search warrant? I'm such a dreamer.

ETA: Now I am asking myself questions again about this stolen truck. I understand Rose, you are telling me it was from Horry County, but until they can prove how he came in possession of it, you would think Charleston County could still charge him with being in possession of stolen property since it is IN Charleston County. This is so complicated trying to figure everything out when basically you have three counties thrown into the mix, but that just crossed my mind and I wanted to put it out there to ponder.

Also Rose, I find a population count for the G'town Detention Center but no actual bookings list. Is that correct as far as you know, they are not listed online for G'town Co either?

I'm just not liking that 'disposed' there - want to find out exactly what that means.

I've gone back as far as I can on scnow.com and cant find anything relating to a missing vehicle/death. Havent checked Carolina Live or Sun News, but my eyes are crossed at this point.

I guess we have to 'hurry up and wait' Doc, unless somebody's lips start flapping near Collins Creek with the recent events. I'm sure it's all abuzz, and actually maybe LE wants him out to see what happens, where he goes. Could it be LE could be so on top of it to get a warrant for wiretapping/recording devices planted in the house during the execution of the search warrant? I'm such a dreamer.

I am hoping for more charges OR... Hopefully, there is some communication between the state and his lawyer for a bargain in the meantime, an incentive to give more info.

I am hoping for more charges OR... Hopefully, there is some communication between the state and his lawyer for a bargain in the meantime, an incentive to give more info.

so, if there are more charges, they'll bring him in again? or would they wait until september for everything?...sorry- don't know much about the law...and if they bring him in again, maybe the bail would be higher and he wouldn't be able to post it- or even no bail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yigerendelu032