Skyline Groundskeeper says he saw no white truck -Timeline Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you are mowing a soccer field would your eyes only mainly be on your work at hand?? Not looking around to see who is or who is not parked where?
This is nuts.

Please remove if already posted.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

My head is spinning :banghead:

WOW! And so now, after 9 weeks, the groundskeeper responds to LE asking anyone and everyone about seeing a white truck in that area on June 4?

Did they not speak to the groundskeeper that day? Did they not know what he was doing that day?

How many other on-site employees and/or visitors did they *not* interview right away?

Wow. Just....wow.

So now they've got all this stuff out there about the white truck parking on that access road, and asking for help, and the answer was there all along.

Did they interview the janitor? Did they interview every volunteer and staff member? Did any service, like plumbing or electrical, come out on June 4? If so, did they interview them?

How could they have overlooked the groundskeeper, who was mowing that day?

I am beyond boggled at this point.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that I think TMH's lawyer is doing some "leaking" of his own to the press. I thought that this morning when I read about TMH's email stating her son did better w/i one month of being away from Kaine.

All it means, imho, is that it wasn't there at 7:30 and it wasn't there at 8:30. I don't see this as being any big deal, in fact it makes perfect sense.

If he left at 8:30, it's all a moot point. Also, if she just quickly drove on the access road, and Kyron ran out and they left, it's possible he could have missed seeing the truck. :twocents:

I need more information, I think.

ETA: I don't think we can assume that LE has not already spoken to this man. We have see no reports to confirm this, and thus far, LE seems to have done their due diligence. I haven't see anything here to make them look foolish.

If they'd already interviewed him and didn't run this past him before their announcement yesterday, then they do look pretty foolish.

To add to my above post, I'd like to know how long after the 4th did the witness claim to see the truck on the access road, and if it was an anonymous tip or someone who'd been interviewed by police.

omg

What if this is the person LE is trying to locate who parked in the south lot ?????

hoo boy

Oh good grief, so now just because he says he didn't see the truck, it wasn't there? Give me a break. I'm sure he has already been spoken to by investigators and they have determined it doesn't matter that he was there from 7:45 to 8:30, that's not in the timeline they are looking for anyway. JMO.

I thought for sure that LE would have interviewed the entire staff at Skyline school including administrators, office personnel, teachers, counselor, custodian, etc. Was the groundskeeper actually overlooked? Maybe he's not on the permanent staff of the school but does grounds maintenance throughout the district? I hope there's a reasonable explanation for this.

I don't think it's necessarily a moot point. It would only be moot if we're going off the assumption that she parked in one place and then moved the truck in that 15 minute window between 8:30 and 8:45, right? Why would she do that? Why would she move the truck even farther away where it would take more time to get to? Did I just confuse myself?

IIRC, it has been reported that she didn't leave the school until at least 8:45 am (correct me if I'm wrong). So, I was thinking that TH drove down the access road for a short period of time after the groundskeeper had finished mowing and had possibly moved off of the access road and didn't see her.

Up until 8:45 am, it was my understanding that LE thinks she was parking on the main road; if the groundskeeper was mowing, he probably would not have seen whether she was parked on the main road or not.
All just my:twocents:

I just posted in the "news" forum :smile:

Well, if he definitely couldn't enter or exit with a truck being there I think that would mean the truck could not have been there right? Is there any other way the truck was able to be parked there, out of the way of the groundskeeper?

Does the groundskeeper drive a truck? Maybe the truck people saw was his?

Did Terri ever say where she parked at the school? Because if she said that she did actually park on that access road... then this would be good news I think?
Once again, lousy reporting strikes us (although the story itself is a goody)...neither the headline on the KATU story nor the caption on the photo are correct. The groundskeeper did *not* say he didn't see the Hormans' white truck; he said he didn't see it on the access road.

This is a pretty nifty quote: "“It would be impossible for me to either enter the field or exit the field if there was a car parked on the gravel road itself,” he said. “And then while exiting the roadway, if there was somebody parked that close to that hillside, it would have made it difficult for me to see who's coming down the hill (on Skyline Boulevard), I mean it would seem to me like I would have remembered, ‘Oh gee yeah,’ there was a big white truck in my way when I left that day. I would say I'm certain that it wasn't there.”

Yea, I think he would have noticed a big white truck in his way.

Unless another white truck parked on that road after he left.

Maybe...just saying....before all the thuds, fence climbing, teeth gnashing, hair pulling, shock and awe....we wait until it is disclosed where TERRI says she parked. As far as I know, we don't have that info. :twocents:

I think they should keep looking into this white truck sighting and not be too quick to rule it out just yet.

LE either has lying witnesses... or no witnesses and they were fishing for info to fit a *theory only* on how she got Kyron out of the building. :cow:

This is depressing. :(

Yesterday, in the press conference, I heard them say "We want people to tell us what they saw, not what they think they saw based on suggestion. We don't want them telling us what they think they saw based on TV and media coverage. We want them to recall what they really saw."

I don't think anyone is lying, per-say. I do understand how the brain works (sort of), and people (at this point) are starting to form memories or thoughts that were not ever really there.

IMO, the groundskeeper is the most reliable representative for Skyline Elem the morning of June 4th.
This could sway either way though.

IIRC, it has been reported that she didn't leave the school until at least 8:45 am (correct me if I'm wrong). So, I was thinking that TH drove down the access road for a short period of time after the groundskeeper had finished mowing and had possibly moved off of the access road and didn't see her.

Up until 8:45 am, it was my understanding that LE thinks she was parking on the main road; if the groundskeeper was mowing, he probably would not have seen whether she was parked on the main road or not.

Yes, and TH's own recently released email words, we think "IT" happened between 9 and 10 am. Some 30 minutes after this man finished mowing the school yard.

Yep, you're right. I tried looking for a way to look up previous weather but could only find it for the month of July. So I googled and found this to confirm it was raining on that day and most of that week:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/rain_of_course_plus_one_nice_d.html

You can mow in the rain but it's not a good idea according to this article:

http://www.allaboutlawns.com/lawn-mowing-mowers/mow-your-lawn-in-the-rain-10289.php

I think people who have a schedule to keep (and with school closing soon, and the need to prepare for the break anyone working at the school probably would have had a schedule) do it all the time. Our lawn guy was at the house mowing during a thunderstorm a couple weeks ago! (Didn't strike me as very bright, but...)

Sounds to me like this is the first time the groundskeeper has spoken about this. Uh.......:waitasec:

If LE didn't just stay tight-lipped about his observation, meaning they didn't question the groundskeeper of a site of a possible child abduction, someone who might be most aware of what was going on at the property that morning, that is obviously a huge oversight, to put it lightly.

Right. It would also have made sense to have questioned everyone on the grounds in order to rule them out as suspects.

I am assuming, therefore, that this information, about the truck being parked on that road and on the shoulder near that road, was not available to be asked about at the time they questioned the groundskeeper.

However, I also am not so sure if the time that TH says she left is accurate. After all, it might be in her interest to fudge that. In the one email she said she had left the school at 9:00. If it was then (rather than 8:45), the time frame is moved down a bit.

I don't think Terri (or the person in the truck) would have chanced moving the truck to the access road knowing the groundskeeper was working the area above, and certainly not knowing when or if he'd return (or any other maintenance for that matter).

Yesterday, in the press conference, I heard them say "We want people to tell us what they saw, not what they think they saw based on suggestion. We don't want them telling us what they think they saw based on TV and media coverage. We want them to recall what they really saw."

I don't think anyone is lying, per-say. I do understand how the brain works (sort of), and people (at this point) are starting to form memories or thoughts that were not ever really there.

IMO, the groundskeeper is the most reliable representative for Skyline Elem the morning of June 4th.
This could sway either way though.

You're right. I'll retract my 'lying' and change it to fabricating. Unless there is no witness. In that case, the DA/LE is lying.

But if you are mowing a soccer field would your eyes only mainly be on your work at hand?? Not looking around to see who is or who is not parked where?
This is nuts.

But, if he finished mowing at around 8:30, cleaned up his equipment,and took the equipment to the access road, he is saying that he could not have driven away without seeing the pickup truck. I think someone saw HIS pickup parked there....

All JMO

Right. It would also have made sense to have questioned everyone on the grounds in order to rule them out as suspects.

I am assuming, therefore, that this information, about the truck being parked on that road and on the shoulder near that road, was not available to be asked about at the time they questioned the groundskeeper.

However, I also am not so sure if the time that TH says she left is accurate. After all, it might be in her interest to fudge that. In the one email she said she had left the school at 9:00. If it was then (rather than 8:45), the time frame is moved down a bit.

I agree. The witness came forward much later than when LE did their interviews. So they either 'misremembered' or lied. I'm really wondering if the person who claims the truck was on the access road is the anonymous tipster they're looking for. Lord have mercy... that could be anyone who saw a map of the school and figured that was the best place for Terri to get Kyron out of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms