8/20 Ron takes plea, will testify in Haleighs trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't see how you can jump to that concusion. We don't know that Ron has not already given this information to some members of LE. LE has to determine that they want someone to testify to some particular information they have been told. LE may have asked Ron if certain things were said or done by somebody else that he might not otherwise have even thought they would be interest in.

I'm sure Ron's lawyer took advantage of anything that LE found of interest, to see if he could gain some benefit for his client. There is nothing to indicate that Ron withheld information from LE that he knew would be useful. IMO, if he thought he knew something that could bring the abductors to justice, he would have provided it. Regardless of other shortcomings he might have, he loves this child and wants justice on her behalf.

Ron did not offer up any information nor cooperated with LE for many, many months. He lawyered up. He is a sorry piece of humanity not to come forward at ANY time that LE needed him to come forward to offer and answer absolutely ANY question they might have for him to answer. It is not up to Ron to decide what questions are important in this investigation. He, as Haleigh's father should have made himself 100% totally available for whatever question LE may have. I think he loved his child not quite as much as he loved his weapons. Too bad that he didn't. Again, I want to emphasize, it is not up to Ron to decide what questions are pertinent to Haleigh's disappearance. He has been given way too much lee way in this investigation, that is why we are looking at almost nineteen months that this investigation has been going on. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can say that Ron Cummings has cooperated with LE in this investigation. BS.

ITA! Dodie. I firmly believe that this is not about the drugs, too. This has never been about the drugs. I think that LE was having a hard time getting these people to talk about what happened to Haleigh, so they needed another way. IMO, they knew or had gained knowledge during their investigation that these players were involved in dealing drugs. Maybe LE found out that whatever happened to Haleigh involved drugs....they came up with a plan to go undercover in order to put the squeeze on these people. When Tommy stated that LE was after Ron and Misty, I wholeheartedly believe that. I think that Misty and Ron were the targets and the others were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. IDK about Tommy though. But considering the fact that Ron and Misty received extremely high bonds tell me that they were, indeed, the main targets. IMO, they were the main targets because of whatever happened surrounding Haleigh going missing. Even at some point, Ron's lawyer said that the Haleigh case was making it harder for them to deal. So IMO, LE was still pressuring Ron about what happened to his daughter. But the fact that Ron got that deal tells me that he told them something that was worthy of a deal. JMO of course
I just can't help but wonder why the hell he didn't come forward a year ago. This really pizzes me off. The only reason I can think of that he didn't come forward earlier is because it would definitely incriminate him in Haleigh's disappearance.

I just can't help but wonder why the hell he didn't come forward a year ago. This really pizzes me off. The only reason I can think of that he didn't come forward earlier is because it would definitely incriminate him in Haleigh's disappearance.

Maybe he is planning to tell something that only makes him guilty of withholding info but not her actual disappearance. And maybe he will be given immunity for that?

I am seriously considering that there never will be a trial. No arrest, no trial, no testimony will be needed--ever. If there is not enough evidence to arrest the perp(s) now, how will more ever come to light? No one who knows will talk and Ron's grandiose offer to testify will go nowhere; he made the offer knowing he would never have to follow through, IMO.

Haleigh's case appears cold and has appeared cold for quite some time. I am not sure what it would take to warm it up but whatever it is probably will not happen.

Poor Haleigh. I hope she is aware of how much we care.

Maybe he is planning to tell something that only makes him guilty of withholding info but not her actual disappearance. And maybe he will be given immunity for that?

Well, Ron has had since February 10th, 2009 to come up with any story he wants. I'm sure he has thought out all the repercussions and penalties before he wanted to make the deal.

I am seriously considering that there never will be a trial. No arrest, no trial, no testimony will be needed--ever. If there is not enough evidence to arrest the perp(s) now, how will more ever come to light? No one who knows will talk and Ron's grandiose offer to testify will go nowhere; he made the offer knowing he would never have to follow through, IMO.

Haleigh's case appears cold and has appeared cold for quite some time. I am not sure what it would take to warm it up but whatever it is probably will not happen.

Poor Haleigh. I hope she is aware of how much we care.

Ron didn't make a deal all by himself, the State Attorney had to agree to it, full well knowing that there will very likely never be a trial. Ron once again skates right through.

Ron didn't make a deal all by himself, the State Attorney had to agree to it, full well knowing that there will very likely never be a trial. Ron once again skates right through.

Oh, of course! All involved knew full well that he would never be required to follow through on his part of the deal.

and again, we have to ask WHY????????

Here is my feedback on your question. ron has backing from all the media that he is not involved in Haleigh's demise. He also has the sympathy of many who believe him to be a grieving father.

When I called the newspaper to question an obvious intentional quote of Greenwood that he hadn't said in a long time, the tone was clearly, "We stand by the fact the LE stated a year ago that ron cummings is not a suspect". Greenwood has not made that statement in a year, but they printed it to imply he just made the comment recently...very misleading. Regardless, they were adament he is not guilty. I was surprised to hear them be so bias in favor of ron cummings. I asked them if they knew the hours ron worked and they told me they don't care about them and repeated LE says "rom cummings is not a suspect"...end of conversation.

This may give you some insight into the tone of what is going on there.

Here is my feedback on your question. ron has backing from all the media that he is not involved in Haleigh's demise. He also has the sympathy of many who believe him to be a grieving father.

When I called the newspaper to question an obvious intentional quote of Greenwood that he hadn't said in a long time, the tone was clearly, "We stand by the fact the LE stated a year ago that ron cummings is not a suspect". Greenwood has not made that statement in a year, but they printed it to imply he just made the comment recently...very misleading. Regardless, they were adament he is not guilty. I was surprised to hear them be so bias in favor of ron cummings. I asked them if they knew the hours ron worked and they told me they don't care about them and repeated LE says "rom cummings is not a suspect"...end of conversation.

I think you should also put this post in the new thread Kimster opened about the community helping...very relevant to me...thanks

Whisperer...are you saying newspaper reporters and/or editors in that area are biased? :dance:

I've stated this before and I'll state it again.. LE in Putnam County, the executives and editors in the news media have a good working relationship.. My understnding is IF LE does not want something investigated or reported, it doesn't get investigated or reported.. JMHO

Thank you Whisp, their attitude pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

I could understand this stance, if they had something to back it up...but that year old statement about Ron, is no better than that year old statement about Joe. Those who are quick to believe the one about Ron, are just as quick to disregard the one about Joe. & vice versa. So according to this logic, neither one is a suspect, or a person of interest, & they've both been cleared. So, that leaves Tommy, (named a suspect), & Misty, (named the key). & Timmy? he hasn't been named anything, but neither has he been cleared. If Misty goes to court, & is called a suspect, I'm gonna be so PO'd, if some charges aren't filed. I understand that giving pertinent info that helps solve another case, can get these min man's dropped, but I don't think it should be legal, to penalize somebody for NOT doing that. I feel strongly that LE is manipulating the wording of the law. Because in reality, LE doesn't know that Tommy & Misty haven't cooperated. If they DO know that, then they should have the proof to file charges. If they don't have that proof, then they shouldn't be allowed to use the Haleigh card, to sway the judge in the drug cases. sorry to ramble, but I feel strongly about this.

But, why the HE77 would someone withhold information that would help find their own missing sweet child???? WHY? No reason can be justified!! 19 months!
BBM

I could understand this stance, if they had something to back it up...but that year old statement about Ron, is no better than that year old statement about Joe. Those who are quick to believe the one about Ron, are just as quick to disregard the one about Joe. & vice versa. So according to this logic, neither one is a suspect, or a person of interest, & they've both been cleared. So, that leaves Tommy, (named a suspect), & Misty, (named the key). & Timmy? he hasn't been named anything, but neither has he been cleared. If Misty goes to court, & is called a suspect, I'm gonna be so PO'd, if some charges aren't filed. I understand that giving pertinent info that helps solve another case, can get these min man's dropped, but I don't think it should be legal, to penalize somebody for NOT doing that. I feel strongly that LE is manipulating the wording of the law. Because in reality, LE doesn't know that Tommy & Misty haven't cooperated. If they DO know that, then they should have the proof to file charges. If they don't have that proof, then they shouldn't be allowed to use the Haleigh card, to sway the judge in the drug cases. sorry to ramble, but I feel strongly about this.

And could this same reasoning apply to Ron? If he has information he has withheld for 19 months, could he not be charged with not cooperating? If and when he testifies and gives info, wouldn't that prove that he didn't cooperate earlier by withholding that same info for so long? Not sure I'm making sense, sorry.

And could this same reasoning apply to Ron? If he has information he has withheld for 19 months, could he not be charged with not cooperating? If and when he testifies and gives info, wouldn't that prove that he didn't cooperate earlier by withholding that same info for so long? Not sure I'm making sense, sorry.
Ron, IMO, is what I refer to as an extreme self preservationist. He held on to his information, almost too long, but not too long, in LE's opinions... so, I don't look for him to be charged with withholding jack. In other words, Ron got out, while the gettin' was good. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjs
Back