GUILTY FL - David James, 41, slain in dispute, "Stand Your Ground", Valrico, 25 Sept 2010 *probation*

They are trying to determine if the shooting was justified! WTH? One man is armed, one man is not. Where is the question here? It looks like the good 'ole boy cover-up, doesn't?

This guy being a former police officer, IMHO, makes this crime even worse. He knew what he was doing. He needs to be in jail, asap!:furious:

That neighborhood is NOT safe as long as that man is loose!:banghead:

JMHO
fran

This guy being a former police officer, IMHO, makes this crime even worse. He knew what he was doing. He needs to be in jail, asap!:furious:

That neighborhood is NOT safe as long as that man is loose!:banghead:

JMHO
fran

Which is exactly WHY he has not been charged as yet. We've seen it all before, the 'Blue' takes care of their own. I respect most LE people I know but even they will admit there is an attitude among some of them, especially the older cops, of contempt toward anyone outside their own circle.
I have seldom read of anything more blatant. Does anyone think this guy would have been back to work the next day as if nothing happened if he were NOT a retired cop?
I hope local media and talk shows raise some hell. Has the national media got hold of this?

From what I have read about this incident, Florida has some 'stand your ground' law that in essence allows an armed individual to use deadly force against someone threatening them. Can anyone there elaborate on this?
This continues to boggle my mind. The victim was NOT armed, only words were exchanged. There may have been a scuffle, I'd bet if so that the victim was trying to get the ex cop to put his gun down.
People in Tampa better raise cain. This guy is going to go on his merry way if they don't.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/se...alrico-shooting-not-driving-schoo/news-metro/
Dooley was charged with one count of manslaughter, one count of improper exhibition of a firearm and one count of openly carrying a firearm.
Frankly, we screwed up," Docobo said.

Somebody finally admits they messed. Their just a day late realizing it.
Here is the whole quote.

At the press conference, Docobo also apologized for a "lower-level" decision not to inform the Hillsborough County schools that Dooley, who drives bus routes through the Twin Lakes subdivision, had shot someone. Dooley drove his regular route on Monday before school district officials reassigned him to administrative duties.
"Frankly, we screwed up," Docobo said.
Yes they admitted they screwed up by not contacting the bus barn ( school) that a employee was involved in a shooting.

I am not sure what you mean by they are a day late? It wouldn't of brung back the victim ( as it had nothing to do with the reason he was killed). So not sure what you mean since you put that part together with another part of the print

Here is the whole quote.

At the press conference, Docobo also apologized for a "lower-level" decision not to inform the Hillsborough County schools that Dooley, who drives bus routes through the Twin Lakes subdivision, had shot someone. Dooley drove his regular route on Monday before school district officials reassigned him to administrative duties.
"Frankly, we screwed up," Docobo said.
Yes they admitted they screwed up by not contacting the bus barn ( school) that a employee was involved in a shooting.

I am not sure what you mean by they are a day late? It wouldn't of brung back the victim ( as it had nothing to do with the reason he was killed). So not sure what you mean since you put that part together with another part of the print

IMO, LE was a day late in protecting the kids on his bus route.

Glad this man was arrested! I still don't understand why he wasn't held to begin with.
He sounds to me like an angry, bitter man. I wonder why in the world he chose to become a school bus driver. It's apparent he doesn't like youngsters.....he had issues with a 14 yr old skatboarding, and he shot up a little girls daddy (who had given the boy permission to skate there) right before her very eyes. Talk about inflicting life long scars on a child's psyche!!!!

What a sweetheart....NOT! If I were a parent of a student on his bus route, I would be raising H.E. double hocky sticks with somebody that a 'slauterer' was not held by the popo and was allowed to go on his merry way to drive children the next day.

Sorry for the rant but I am a mom and former educator and this makes me angry. grrrr.

All MOO tho.

wm

I think this entire situation was handled very poorly be LE. The failure to hold this man when compounded with the failure to notify the school district is unconcionable. Clearly, someone who is willing to pull a gun because of a child skateboarding is off his rocker and a danger to general society. I believe the man wouldn't have been prosecuted if not for the media outcry. They are still covering for him by only charging him with manslaughter.

I sincerely hope he will be given a high bail.

So do I belinda. I feel like the manslaughter charge is just disrespectful. I wish LE would up the charge to at least 2nd degree murder. For heavens sake, he brought a gun out with him to run off young skateboarders! I think his intentions were pretty clear. MOO.

I'm can't help but wonder if some professional courtesy going on here since this guy is a former LEO. Thinking of Drew Peterson here....again MOO.

ot hope you are doing well these days.

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500