WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
from Wenatchee World site; nothing new here but search evidently still ongoing (as of about an hour ago)

Task force searches hair salon for new clues to Cowell murder

WENATCHEE — Investigators were at Salon Couture at 404 S. Chelan Ave. this morning after a search warrant was granted for police to follow new leads in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case.

Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum said the search was still under way at 11 a.m. He declined to comment on what investigators were looking for other than to say there are new leads in the case and a news release would be issued in the near future.
---
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/06/task-force-searches-hair-salon-for-new-clues-to/

Wenatchee World Twitter:
http://twitter.com/wenatcheeworld

If KOMO is willing to say that a suspect has been arrested, why is the Wenatchee World not?

If KOMO is willing to say that a suspect has been arrested, why is the Wenatchee World not?

WW just announced it on their Twitter feed:

We received a press release stating police have made an arrest in the Mackenzie Cowell case. Details coming.
less than a minute ago via HootSuite

[ETA]

Police have arrested 29-year-old Christopher Scott Wilson of Wenatchee on suspicion of first-degree murder.
half a minute ago via HootSuite

I wonder who?

Speculation: a female that went to school with her?

I wonder who?

Speculation: a female that went to school with her?

From WW Twitter:

Police have arrested 29-year-old Christopher Scott Wilson of Wenatchee on suspicion of first-degree murder.
half a minute ago via HootSuite

Yes!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW Justice can be served !!!!!!!!!

Thank you Task Force!!

From Wenatchee World:

Update (12:04 p.m.): WENATCHEE — A 29-year-old Wenatchee man has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Mackenzie Cowell.

Christopher Scott Wilson of Wenatchee was interviewed by detectives and booked into the Chelan County Regional Justice Center, according to a news release from Sgt. John Kruse, spokesman for the Cowell Homicide Task Force.

Wilson was a student with Cowell at the Academy of Hair Design in Wenatchee and left the beauty school around the same time she did on Feb. 9, Kruse’s statement said.
---

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/06/task-force-searches-hair-salon-for-new-clues-to/

I guess my theory was wrong. Does anyone know if he was ever on the our suspect list?

I am sooo unbelievably happy that they have FINALLY made an arrest!!!

Wow!!!!!!! Really!!! I was about to give up!!!!!!!!!What wonderful news!!!!!!

Justice :)
But boy were my theories wrong!
Are we allowed to sleuth Christopher Scott Wilson now that he has been named a suspect?
Possible motive?

From Wenatchee World:

Update (12:04 p.m.): WENATCHEE — A 29-year-old Wenatchee man has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Mackenzie Cowell.

Christopher Scott Wilson of Wenatchee was interviewed by detectives and booked into the Chelan County Regional Justice Center, according to a news release from Sgt. John Kruse, spokesman for the Cowell Homicide Task Force.

Wilson was a student with Cowell at the Academy of Hair Design in Wenatchee and left the beauty school around the same time she did on Feb. 9, Kruse’s statement said.
---

I wonder if he followed her or if they planned to meet? I wonder if those parking lot cameras helped them identify him as a possibility!

So happy for this news.

From WW:
---
“Wilson was contacted along with other students at the school and gave a voluntary DNA sample to investigators. On Sept. 23, forensic experts at the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab in Cheney reported they were able to tie Wilson’s DNA profile to DNA found on a piece of duct tape recovered from where Cowell’s body was found.

“In addition to Wilson’s DNA, blood from Mackenzie Cowell was also found on this piece of duct tape. Investigators have served several search warrants today concerning Wilson and are continuing to interview potential witnesses for further information.”
---

"Wenatchee Police Chief Tom Robbins said Wilson was a classmate of Cowell's at the beauty school, and a DNA sample from Wilson matched DNA found on a piece of duct tape recovered from where Cowell's body was found."

Did it take DNA tests this long to come back?

Congratulations to everyone on WS who has followed this case through thick & thin, particularly to those of you out Wenatchee way.

I just wonder why it is only 2nd degree murder. That to me means he might not have been the person that committed the actual crime. Maybe he just helped dispose of her body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes