Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

I just reread this article, & relooked at that picture. What is Ron wearing? not a Haleigh shirt, & she's the reason they were in NY! Who is the real Ron? the gun toting, drug dealing, rat decapitating, criminal, or this immature kid, with the goofy hat, who took his mom on his honeymoon? I seriously don't get him at all.

In one of the New York pictures his sister crystal is in the picture with misty , ron & his mother , so his sister must have gone on the honeymoon with them also .

In one of the New York pictures his sister crystal is in the picture with misty , ron & his mother , so his sister must have gone on the honeymoon with them also .

I'm not so sure those four were the only ones on this "honeymoon". Someone had to take the picture, didn't they?

Misty won't need to be put in protective custody so that Ron won't get her...they are going to be in different prisons. Misty will go to a prison for women and Ron to one for men. He hasn't been able to get her since they went to jail so she didn't have anything to be afraid of for several months. I doubt that Misty has anything to tell about Ron anyway as he was at work from late afternoon until about 3 in the morning when Haleigh disappeared.
I think Misty is afraid of what will happen to her is she talks and it isn't Ron she is afraid of....its LE and what she could be charged with.

WOW!! Look at that mug shot of RC. He looks like the devil or a crazed animal.

honestly I would love to see misty have a court appearance and it's around the same time as rons.. and they perhaps cross paths on the way in and out of their court appearances.. Then see how they react! Who knows someone might talk!

Just doing a quick face reading (learned from psychologist a long time ago), he can not believe this is happening, he is taking the "nice guy", loyalty approach to people, he is scared and will fight for his life if he has to. This reading surprised me. I expected a sort of nasty, resentful, threatening expression.

Based on another person I knew a long time ago who had to go to jail, (this is prison, I know), he psyched himself and prepared himself for it as best he could. It's not something you go into without a lot of mental prep.

IDK what all's involved involved in witnessing tampering or intimidation, & I'm not sure pointing your fingers like a gun, would fall into that. But it does make me wonder about this family. If they would make a public gesture like that, what would they do in private? But on the flip side, maybe GGS had already heard about Lisa's blackmail claim. That would be enough to make anybody wonder what the Croslin's were hiding.

As I see it..If Lisa was indeed blackmailing Misty to get drugs, Ronald was the one handling the drugs... Looks to me like the Croslins knew Ronald and Misty were the ones hiding something and were threatening to tell ALL unless they gave them what they needed...

As I see it..If Lisa was indeed blackmailing Misty to get drugs, Ronald was the one handling the drugs... Looks to me like the Croslins knew Ronald and Misty were the ones hiding something and were threatening to tell ALL unless they gave them what they needed...

Yep...that's the way I see it too, Em...

Misty won't need to be put in protective custody so that Ron won't get her...they are going to be in different prisons. Misty will go to a prison for women and Ron to one for men. He hasn't been able to get her since they went to jail so she didn't have anything to be afraid of for several months. I doubt that Misty has anything to tell about Ron anyway as he was at work from late afternoon until about 3 in the morning when Haleigh disappeared.
I think Misty is afraid of what will happen to her is she talks and it isn't Ron she is afraid of....its LE and what she could be charged with.

I agree. I doubt Misty will be put into protective custody. With that said, just because they will be in different prisons doesn't mean it couldn't present a threat. Word travels, via inmates, very quickly in the prison system and deals are made too. My male family members works/worked in the prison system.

According to this, Ron is at Liberty Correctional Institute in Bristol, FL (NW Florida). It is about a 30-40 minute drive from Tallahassee - traveling on Hwy 20; the prison is located on Hwy 12 just off of Hwy 20. If you are traveling on I-10, you could take the Greensboro exit and turn onto Hwy 12 and travel until reaching the institution; it is still a drive off of Hwy 12. I have several friends that work there. It is located in the middle of nowhere - in the woods. If an inmate escapes from there, they better have a plan (someone to pick them up) because it is quite a distance to walk. O/T: Bristol is where the time changes from ET to CT in that area; Bristol is on ET.

That area of Florida is heavily populated with prisons -- there is at a minimum 6 or 7 within an hour or so drive, not including juvenile facilities.

O/T: I know someone who spent 8 years at Liberty and settled into the community after his release. He no longer lives there. He was in for Lewd and Lascivious under 16 (4 counts) and he had absolutely no problems there. He said prison is what you make it...you can make it hard for yourself, or you can take it day-by-day and have little to no problems.

So, I guess it's up to Ron how his years in prison will be spent.

IDK what all's involved involved in witnessing tampering or intimidation, & I'm not sure pointing your fingers like a gun, would fall into that. But it does make me wonder about this family. If they would make a public gesture like that, what would they do in private? But on the flip side, maybe GGS had already heard about Lisa's blackmail claim. That would be enough to make anybody wonder what the Croslin's were hiding.

It was my understanding Lisa felt threatened by that gesture and was asking for protection. If that is the case, then it is more than a gesture but a threatening gesture. We don't know what the blackmailing involved. My point was the effect it may have on anyone who may be a witness and whether they may hold back information on anyone because they may feel threatened. It has been my understanding if you effect what a witness may say/do or not say/do is tampering. But that is just my opinion.

Hey Em, I agree with you...something is going on....IMO, that's why Ron isn't going anywhere yet. I hear some people talk about how Misty and Tommy gave up information about the dock...but....during that dock search RON was also interviewed by LE, that Wednesday I believe....iirc.

And when I think about that, and Misty sending a message to Teresa/GMSykes that this area would be searched, and these two women actually searching the area themselves....this search helped label the case a Homocide....

IMO, the Cummings were fully aware, including Ron, the significance of this area...and for that, I hope they all go down....

Let the games begin!

For what purpose would TN/GGMS want to arrive in this area before the search team? :waitasec: Highly suspicious actions indeed!

For what purpose would TN/GGMS want to arrive in this area before the search team? :waitasec: Highly suspicious actions indeed!
It does look suspicious, but I have to come to their defense on this one. I don't think LE had been keeping them very informed on Haleigh's investigation, & if they weren't involved, they'd be hungry for any information, they could get. & IMO, GGS & TN aren't your average timid wallflower type women, & they could've handled a discovery. Now, that may seem gruesome to a lot of people, but I can understand it. Ron was sitting in jail on almost a million dollar bond, & they might've been wondering if this was gonna help him in some way. That may sound a little cold, but I can understand that too, because I would be in a state of panic, if my kid got in that kind of trouble. Now, this is assuming these 2 women weren't involved...& I don't think they were. TN's behavior seems suspicious, but I have a hard time seeing her in any active role, & I don't think Annette Sykes was involved at all. A lot of her behavior, seems to be IMO, the exact opposite of what a guilty person would've done in this situation. TN...not so much, but I try to give her the benefit of being otherwise motivated. In other words, maybe her behavior stems from trying to protect Ron, keep custody of Jr., & not air certain dirty laundry. I don't like that, but it makes sense to me. But with that said, I don't think it would hurt a thing, for them to both take LDT's. MOO.

You know...if we were only talking about local and county law enforcement, perhaps I could question the integrity of this investigation.

But, haven't the Florida State Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI been involved in this case? It's difficult for me to believe that they would be involved in the suggested level of incompetence and dishonesty.

As always, MHOO...

IMO, it does not necessarily have to be incompetence and/or dishonesty. Many times LE and/or prosecutors get so attached to their own theory that they have blinders. If they even see evidence that suggests their theory is wrong, they find an excuse to dismiss it.

A great example of this is the movie "The Interrogation of Michael Crowe." It shows how LE and even DA's can be so attached to their theory of the crime that they are blinded to any other possibilities. The theory was formed because a 14 year old boy did not show the emotion over the death of his sister that they felt he should. Even when DNA evidence linked a transcient to the murder of a 12 year little girl, they still refused to accept and/or believe it. The State's Attorney finally stepped in to take over the case.

So yes, even with other LE agencies involved, they can get attached to a theory to the point of overlooking and/or denying evidence that goes against that theory.

IMO, it does not necessarily have to be incompetence and/or dishonesty. Many times LE and/or prosecutors get so attached to their own theory that they have blinders. If they even see evidence that suggests their theory is wrong, they find an excuse to dismiss it.

A great example of this is the movie "The Interrogation of Michael Crowe." It shows how LE and even DA's can be so attached to their theory of the crime that they are blinded to any other possibilities. The theory was formed because a 14 year old boy did not show the emotion over the death of his sister that they felt he should. Even when DNA evidence linked a transcient to the murder of a 12 year little girl, they still refused to accept and/or believe it. The State's Attorney finally stepped in to take over the case.

So yes, even with other LE agencies involved, they can get attached to a theory to the point of overlooking and/or denying evidence that goes against that theory.
I want to give a small example of something that pertains to what you wrote. My daughter got in trouble with her ex bf-family violence. He started the fight, hit her 1st, beat the crud out of her, but she fought back. She called 911 for help, because when another girl intervened, he started choking her. My daughter then called me & I also called 911. When the cops got there, they talked to the homeowner, (the ex's friend), & he said my daughter 'playfully' slapped the ex 1st. They did not interview the other girl. They wrote on the report, that my daughter was the aggressor, & arrested them both. They wouldn't listen to my daughter, & treated her like a bully & a liar. She's 5'5 & 115 lbs, the guy is 6'0 & 185. She had a crack in her skull, black eye, busted cheek bone, etc...but they said she shouldn't have fought back, just called them. & in the picts, he did look more damaged...but it was because the other girl had busted a bottle over his head...but they wrote in the report, that my daughter inflicted it all. The cops called her bad news & reccomended to the ex that HE stay away from HER. Well, the charges did get dropped, but after talking to the assistant DA, he said that because of the report, he'd have a better case of winning for the ex instead of my daughter...even though on the 911, you can clearly him him beating the crap out of the other girl, her begging for help, him raging at my daughter, & knocking the phone out of her hand, & choking her. & the reason is because...when he screamed at her, 'who are you calling, *****, the cops?', she didn't say yes. So, no 911 interference. Also, on the report, the cops wrote that the other girl called 911...the girl they earlier claimed wasn't even there. My call wasn't even factored in, & I clearly stated that she had just called me, after calling 911. So, the cops made a mess out of the report, & IMO, the DA didn't want to call them on it. I do believe that my daughter would've beaten the ex in court, but in reality, we were nervous about 'going there' against the cops. We just decided to let it go. Also, after being arrested, the ex was so out of control & violent, county had to strap him in a restraint chair. The police report said that they were both drunk, but the county reprt, (less than 30 mins later), said that he was drunk, & under the influence of drugs, & my daughter was sober & cooperative, but visibly upset. So, to make a long story short, I don't think our city cops, DA, etc...are corrupt, but I do think that once the ball gets rolling, with that initial report, everybody else just follows in a line, to support it. But, I do think cops need to learn how to assess situations better, & it'll be a cold day in ****, before we ever ask them for help, again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Thank you for saying so well what I have been trying to say for a very long time. I have a feeling that this very thing may have happened to this case but I doubt that the SA will come forward to do a dang thing about it. Just before Misty's Putnam county sentencing, a new SA was looking at the case, I have a little hope in this action.

It does look suspicious, but I have to come to their defense on this one. I don't think LE had been keeping them very informed on Haleigh's investigation, & if they weren't involved, they'd be hungry for any information, they could get. & IMO, GGS & TN aren't your average timid wallflower type women, & they could've handled a discovery. Now, that may seem gruesome to a lot of people, but I can understand it. Ron was sitting in jail on almost a million dollar bond, & they might've been wondering if this was gonna help him in some way. That may sound a little cold, but I can understand that too, because I would be in a state of panic, if my kid got in that kind of trouble. Now, this is assuming these 2 women weren't involved...& I don't think they were. TN's behavior seems suspicious, but I have a hard time seeing her in any active role, & I don't think Annette Sykes was involved at all. A lot of her behavior, seems to be IMO, the exact opposite of what a guilty person would've done in this situation. TN...not so much, but I try to give her the benefit of being otherwise motivated. In other words, maybe her behavior stems from trying to protect Ron, keep custody of Jr., & not air certain dirty laundry. I don't like that, but it makes sense to me. But with that said, I don't think it would hurt a thing, for them to both take LDT's. MOO.

Well, being the cynical and skeptical one, I immediately thought that Annette and Teresa wanted to search prior to LE arriving so that they could remove any incriminating evidence that would point to Ronald's involvement. I still think that BTW. They were both fully capable of knowing that if anything suspicious was in that area that they had already contaminated the crime scene. This is the only reason I can see that they would interfere with an investigation knowing that LE would be searching and processing that area the very next morning.

Well, being the cynical and skeptical one, I immediately thought that Annette and Teresa wanted to search prior to LE arriving so that they could remove any incriminating evidence that would point to Ronald's involvement. I still think that BTW. They were both fully capable of knowing that if anything suspicious was in that area that they had already contaminated the crime scene. This is the only reason I can see that they would interfere with an investigation knowing that LE would be searching and processing that area the very next morning.
I've thought about your post, & I think you could be right...but, if they had been in on a murder or a full fledged murder cover-up, I'd think they would've already taken care of all the evidence. But you're right...if after Misty told them about the search, & if they suspected Ron was involved, they might have gone out there to check things out. That was a public place, so it had been trampled on for over a year, but if LE was worried about somebody interfering, I wonder why the didn't rope it off. They had all of the phone calls, & knew Misty had blabbed. I never got that, unless they weren't paying attention.

No matter the reason for their "search", GGM Sykes, initially, had ZERO intention of mentioning her prior knowledge of the LE search OR her and Teresa having spent the afternoon at the site the day before when she appeared on the Nancy Grace show on 4/22.

When NG asked her what she thought about the search, this was her nonchalant reply at first:

GRACE: Ms. Sykes, what do you think of them searching -- the police searching the St. John`s River?

SYKES: Well, evidently, they had some tip. Somebody called them. And they were down there searching. And I went down there early that morning and didn`t -- you know, they wouldn`t tell me anything. And I wasn`t -- I knew what they were searching -- you know, I knew they were looking for something participating (SIC) to Haleigh, but I didn`t really know what.

Didn't say a word about her and Teresa spending the afternoon there the day before the search she knew ALL ABOUT did she? But then Grandma Flo said that she had called her and told her about the search causing GGM Sykes to, let's just say, adjust her statement.

HOLLARS: I was the one that called you and told you that.

SYKES: Yes, she did. Ms. Hollars called me and told me -- she certainly did -- that she had called down here and told them what Tommy had told her. And Teresa and I went and -- over to that area and walked around all afternoon and looked in the woods over there. But of course, we didn`t find anything.

Any way you look at it, she went from "Evidently they had SOME tip" to admitting prior knowledge of the search and it's reason, INSTANTLY when Grandma Flo made her comment. She went from saying she went down there early that morning to admitting her and Teresa searched ALL AFTERNOON the day before the search started.

If the purpose of their "search" was so innocent, why the deception?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

No matter the reason for their "search", GGM Sykes, initially, had ZERO intention of mentioning her prior knowledge of the LE search OR her and Teresa having spent the afternoon at the site the day before when she appeared on the Nancy Grace show on 4/22.

When NG asked her what she thought about the search, this was her nonchalant reply at first:

Didn't say a word about her and Teresa spending the afternoon there the day before the search she knew ALL ABOUT did she? But then Grandma Flo said that she had called her and told her about the search causing GGM Sykes to, let's just say, adjust her statement.

Any way you look at it, she went from "Evidently they had SOME tip" to admitting prior knowledge of the search and it's reason, INSTANTLY when Grandma Flo made her comment. She went from saying she went down there early that morning to admitting her and Teresa searched ALL AFTERNOON the day before the search started.

Yep, absolutely! Annette and Ron are alot alike, LOL. Unless backed into a corner the two do not offer any information especially if it is incriminating for them. They were looking for something pertaining to Haleigh. Now what could that be? She and Teresa searched in the woods, didn't mention anything about the water or around the docks or ramp. She really did not want Flo to come out with the real story did she?

I agree Papa...also Teresa Neves made an appearance on the Today Show on 4/14/10...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/36497223#36497223

Meredith: We just saw that image of you leaving the sheriffs office with tears in your eyes. What can you tell us about what he said to you?

Teresa: They called us in to tell us that they were going to be doing a search and the search was from a lead that they have gotten and basically there's not much more I can tell you.

Meredith: Did they tell you who the lead was?

Teresa: No, ma'm.

Meredith: I know they're searching the St Johns River which is the river that they searched in the days following Haleigh's disappearance last year. But a different section of that river. What have you learned about why they're searching there?

Teresa: Um, it's just a couple of miles up from where they searched last year and like I said they told us that they were searching there because of a new lead that they have.

In this same interview Teresa says she don't know if this new lead had anything to do with Misty..

The interview with GMSykes and GMFlo was taken after this interview...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes
Back