NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoping LE continues to have cool heads, we can afford to get all het up in here, Zahra's justice completely depends on them not doing so and being methodical and slow in building their case. moo

The crime scene at the Hickory house is done. They have all the need I would assume. :-/

I sure hope they do

These seem to be the most recent articles and video out I gathered from the last thread. Wanted to bring over here...

Prosthetic leg found belonged to Zahra Baker

Hickory police have confirmed a prosthetic leg found last week in Caldwell County belonged to Zahra Baker.
The ten year old has been missing for three weeks. The leg was found last Tuesday off of Christie Road.
More... Video included...

Stepmother of missing Hickory girl indicted
There were new developments in the case of Zahra Baker Monday.
The 10-year-old Hickory girl has been missing now for just over three weeks.
In Catawba County, a grand jury indicted the girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, on a felony count of obstruction of justice.
The charge stems from a fake ransom note Elisa Baker allegedly wrote to confuse investigators back on October 9th when Zahra was first reported missing.

Police say prosthetic leg is Zahra's; stepmom indicted on obstruction charge
Investigators have confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is, in fact, the one belonging to missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

More...

Police confirm prosthetic leg belongs to Zahra
Searchers found the leg on Tuesday and matched its serial number to the number on medical records detectives collected from Zahra's native Australia. A scanner was used to pull the serial number from a transponder inside the prosthetic, police said.

welcome back kaybug, yep news broke this afternoon

The crime scene at the Hickory house is done. They have all the need I would assume. :-/

Are they done? They wont be going back? I hope they have what they need to fry these ppl i cant even call them ppl sorry ...

Me too. I'm sorry I had to even write that....was that wrong?

No that was not wrong. But I felt a very intense gasp, when we all saw that....we stumbled...we have been to some pretty dark places with this one.

Interesting that they are now saying they have not spoken to her, nor AB and they are investigating this without them.

There is no way he does not know what happened, and she did this alone.
Accessory carries the same charge, I do believe.

I am afraid very afraid this is going to be one of the worst crimes we have ever
heard of.

common wall might mean common evidence. I am no CSI but I sure watch alot on tv ;) so maybe whatever they were focused on in Zahra's room is linked to the kitchen by the commonality of that wall?

But TL, the link says they appear to be focused on the KITCHEN. :waitasec:

Ok - now we are all getting the hubby's to watch and give opinions!!! lol

My DH finally watched and talked with me. He says the only reason to take a chainsaw (and we have 3) into a house would be to cut the floor - he said reciprocating saws would be tough to get through a floor.

As for kitchen cabinets and a "shared wall" - he said that wouldn't matter. You have framing and such in between and one wouldn't matter if you needed the other. They would have used that long crowbar looking thingy for getting the cabinets off the wall.

As for dismanteling the refrigerator. We BOTH are at a loss for why that. I was thinking about possibly the freon used in the fridge. But they really wouldn't need to dismantle it - just take the back off. And if ***HORRIBLE THOUGHT** she was frozen - they would just be able to pull out that "plastic box" insert for the freezer. I'm really confused about this.

Hubby also said they might have "framed out" part of a wall to make like a little secret closet or room. but I don't believe either of these two "rocket scientists" had that kind of knowledge or motivation to do anything like that.

But boy oh boy they are literally destroying this house.

common wall might mean common evidence. I am no CSI but I sure watch alot on tv ;) so maybe whatever they were focused on in Zahra's room is linked to the kitchen by the commonality of that wall?

I for one am hoping that this is the explanation and not the other possibility....

teh, I quoted the same thing, then got locked out trying to bring your quote over here! Now I am thinking back to the reports of the fridge being dismantled....

Have to admit, this was my first thought when the fridge mention came up, but I brushed it off as just plain nuts.

Ugh, if we're looking at something of this nature, I absolutely do NOT want to know.

Bathroom - Where the deed took place (I can't even say it)

Kitchen with fridge - cut up and frozen. ACK!

This would also explain the digging in the yard at the side where maybe the water lines were located and the hose out of the window.

I was going to comment on your post but lost the guts to post it.. frozen and ran through the woodchipper... not much of a mess... :(

Just a tidbit I found, read if you wish, ignore if not. I can't elaborate on any of this, I'm not a lawyer or am/was employed in a legal field. :)

Obstruction of justice (NC, common law, Class 1 Misdemeanor)
1. Unlawfully and willfully
2. obstructs justice.

Obstruction of justice (NC, Felony, N.C.G.S. 14-33(b)
Class H Felony

1. Unlawfully and willfully
2. with deceit and intent to defraud
3. obstructs justice.

Question? When the charge of Obstruction of Justice was recorded for EB, wasn't it recorded as common law? (TIA I can't remember!)

The Grand Jury heard the evidence presented and chose the charge Felony
Obstruction of Justice.

I can't speculate but I would think that there was evidence to support that EB acted---- with deceit and intent to defraud

Reference links:
http://www.eldersafe.net/statutes2.html the above is snipped from this site.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...zVXUDU&sig=AHIEtbSfyyKBUNYwTOK_X3LXpxeKTMFgRA
Investigative Grand Jury link above, line 9 through 14.

IMHO booyah they got her. Good. JMHO and sorry to sound so harsh.

But TL, the link says they appear to be focused on the KITCHEN. :waitasec:

true but the rest of that report went on to suggest they think that because of the cabinets being pulled out of the home.

I do not know the blueprint of the home, just saying that darlin had suggested the kitchen might share a common wall with Zs bedroom. Made sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish