GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me when I say that I am not trying to defend the creep, but hunting and eating squirrels is not an odd and uncommon act. Growing up in the south and living around hunters, squirrel hunting was popular... and if you were squirrel hunting, odds were, those squirrels were going to be consumed...

I have a lot of old (50+ yr) cookbooks, and there are many squirrel recipes in them.

Anyone know how will rain will affect the dogs and the scents they're looking for?

IIRC from talking to people I know who do SAR with dogs, rain can and does effect their scent, making it harder for them to find articles. It's not supposed to rain until this afternoon so hopefully they start ASAP.

When I first turned channel 10 news on this morning, around 6:30, they were reporting on this, and they reported that there was no electric at Hoffman's house, and the inside of the house was lined with leaves. Anyone else hear that?

When I first turned channel 10 news on this morning, around 6:30, they were reporting on this, and they reported that there was no electric at Hoffman's house, and the inside of the house was lined with leaves. Anyone else hear that?

BBM. That is odd.

As for the bags of leaves thing... I may have a little speculation on that...

We do a lot of burning (non-recyclables since we're in the country) and I can honestly say I've used leaves to start and/or keep a fire going because they burn quick and fast, so throw a couple trash bags on a fire and you're set.

My guess is that's what he used them for, since it would be hard to burn in the winter time. And according to the neighbors, he burned things several times a week. JMO though.

Trust me when I say that I am not trying to defend the creep, but hunting and eating squirrels is not an odd and uncommon act. Growing up in the south and living around hunters, squirrel hunting was popular... and if you were squirrel hunting, odds were, those squirrels were going to be consumed...

Yes, very common in rural areas. We have a hunting cabin near a National Forest, a lot of locals hunt squirrel around there. My husband and son have been known to shoot a few too, they ate them but not me!

I do not have a facebook login but the other day I was able to view this page. Today it is saying I must be logged in to view...anyone know why that is?

Most likely because they have had a horrible troll problem. Not sure though.

Ok, it looks like LE and dogs are at the location Tina's truck was found.

There is alot of crime scene tape up.

Originally Posted by C.Hound View Post
If the neighbor who appeared on JVM is Donna/Dawna Davis, her story has changed...

"[Donna] Davis and other neighbors said the FBI questioned residents about when they had last seen Hoffman, what kind of car he drove and whether they had noticed anything unusual about his behavior. Davis said she hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary at Hoffman's house recently."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...e.html?sid=101

She wasn't really on JVM's show....sorry :blushing: I get to typing what they're saying & forget to put it in context...NEhoo, the 'D' neighbor was saying this in a news vid that was played (looked like local news to me, JMO)...I was listening & typing so I didn't get to see which station was talking to her.

If I run across it, I'll post a link.

Now the 'C' neighbor that lived across the street, she did say that she didn't see MH or know him - but she watched the fires he had going '3-4' times a week...she called into the show & I only heard her voice.

Thanks Texas Mist. A poster at another internet site stated MH's neighbors are known for seeking media attention whenever a crime happens in their area and fabricating stories to get on the news. If I'm allowed to post the website (which does attract its share of weirdos and conspiracy theorists among those in-the-know) and a link, I will do so.

As for the bags of leaves thing... I may have a little speculation on that...

We do a lot of burning (non-recyclables since we're in the country) and I can honestly say I've used leaves to start and/or keep a fire going because they burn quick and fast, so throw a couple trash bags on a fire and you're set.

My guess is that's what he used them for, since it would be hard to burn in the winter time. And according to the neighbors, he burned things several times a week. JMO though.

On the local news this morning they said his house was lined with leaves, maybe he was going to torch his house. I've thought maybe he planned on torching Tina's but ran out of time since the police were already showing up at the house on Wednesday night.

Is the chopper flying over the college or something now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley