• Straight to Trial

Votes: 206 74.6%
  • Defense Inspired Plea Agreement

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Nolo Contendere (NO CONTEST)

Votes: 18 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can not see baez, going for a plea deal. He wants to go to trial to make a name for himself. I remember him saying in the start of all this (this is the biggest case he has had as a hispanic lawyer) I really dont think baez cares about KC or her family, he's thinking of himself, and all the publicity he will get. As far as the 'family secrets' those are already out there. I believe the lawyers that left the defense team saw the writing on the wall so to speak. I believe that Baez would not listen to them (he thinks he has a chance to win this case with the old smoke and mirror trick constantly whining, screaming foul at every turn:loser:) I personally want to see this go to trial, after all the lies told, it will be very interesting to see CA,GA and LA up on that stand trying to defend KC. I am interested to see how they act. Or if they do the same thing they did in the Zanny hearing(act like complete assholes). If that is whats coming they sure wont be getting any sympathy from anybody with a brain. I do feel sorry for the Anthony's but their conduct is so inappropriate its hard. No I have never been in their shoes, but I can say I would not act as they do. I really think if KC gets the DP, we are going to see either or both CA and GA lose it. Hopefully for them Lee will get married and have a child so that his parents will have something to look forward to instead of living in the past with KC. CA and Ga really loved Caylee and did not deserve what their daughter has put them through,(even though they may be partially responsible for their daughters actions) they did not deserve this.

Don't forget it not only has to make a name for JB, it has to make a reasonably good name. Many more days like that last status and motions hearing and he may finally realize how over his head he is, and how much damage he is doing to himself, his career and his client. Lets never forget JB does not appear to be a true stand up principled defender. He will change his story and approach as quickly and as frequently as his infamous client.

Thank you FaeFrost - I appreciate seeing someone with both a knowledge and a talented mind discuss the damage this case may be doing to Baez's future. I have never understood why people have given Baez so much credit for his defense of ICA. And how this case was going to make his future as either a criminal lawyer or a talking head on some third rate legal progam.

From my point of view he repeatedly makes a complete azz of himself in court, clearly pointing out not only his inability to be at ease in a courtroom and defend his client, but also his lack of knowledge of the laws in the country where he practices his profession. How could his display in the courtroom possibly be attracting future business? I can't see him improving before trial - I think he's going to be even worse when the actual trial is here.

For his own sake if not ICA he should convince his client to plea.

I just can't see Casey sitting in court watching Tony, Amy, Annie..testify about her life.
I truly don't believe there will be a trial.

Casey will cop out at the last minute claiming the system is against her and she won't get a fair trial. It's everyone else's fault yet again.

In Casey's own mind she'll save face...and remain a victim.

Since we know pretty much how this case will end - I'm kind of enjoying sitting back and watching what the Defense must consider to be bad news come rolling in - First Laura - crash and burn, now such a nice bug man appears on the screen.

They - the defense and ICA - must feel like their heads are in a vise and someone is day by day just tightening it a bit more.

localgirl, I think the defense is really feeling it. Hence the "big names" jumping ship as if it were on fire.

I don't think casey is feeling much of anything. I picture her staring blankly at the wall with those creepy dead eyes of hers, twirling her hair, waiting for her favourite soap to come on, laying on her cot kicking her feet around and reading all the letters from people as crazy as she is, and getting distracted by the C/O's shiny keys jingle as they walk by.

I still say her moodiness from the last hearing was from itchy jail issued chonies, or she had really bad gas from her spicy bean dip. Heck, maybe her bacne was in full flare. I don't think she cares much about the things that happen in court or discovery releases.

I think she will cave and try to get a plea deal at the absolute last minute. She will be in denial and think that JB can pull a miracle out and like the day before trial is due to start will throw in the towel. She doesn't want to hear all the mean stuff people will say about her ("make him stop!") and have all her lies exposed. But it won't be until the absolute last minute. And she will try to do it in such a way as to try to avoid outright statement of culpability.

O/T, LOGICALgirl, I just realized I called you localgirl. Not sure why I mess up your name more often than not. My apologies

O/T, LOGICALgirl, I just realized I called you localgirl. Not sure why I mess up your name more often than not. My apologies

AHA! So you don't think I'm logical at all? LOL - I didn't notice you messing up - but I do know British Columbia, Canada isn't Local to either Florida or Denver.

No worries - I have my rubber boots on - I'm tough!:crazy:

I think she will cave and try to get a plea deal at the absolute last minute. She will be in denial and think that JB can pull a miracle out and like the day before trial is due to start will throw in the towel. She doesn't want to hear all the mean stuff people will say about her ("make him stop!") and have all her lies exposed. But it won't be until the absolute last minute. And she will try to do it in such a way as to try to avoid outright statement of culpability.

BBM... I would think this too except that she already has sat there and listened to endless piles of mean stuff about her, and yet the only reaction she got was to Ashton's description of those last seconds. Or okay, she also had a reaction when Lee said he loved her while he was on the stand, but other than that, no, she hasn't reacted to testimony from her parents or that creepy professor that Lyons put up there, or Cindy's boss, or all the attorneys combined. They were all speaking about her, whether directly or indirectly, and she sat there as though it were happening to some dime novel vixen and not really herself.

I don't know. I am torn between thinking she can't face Amy and Tony, et. al, and thinking she just doesn't really understand that she WILL be facing Amy and Tony, et. al. Even if they tell her so a day ahead of time, I just don't see how it's going to sink in there. And I'd have to cite the example of her sitting at Universal having been caught in OH so many lies, and yet STILL saying that she was a Valencia college student for the last year and a half. When she said that I thought how on EARTH can that be? How can she say that? After all the lies they caught her in? To say THAT? And I can only conclude that it's because she just doesn't understand.

I really think it'll go to trial, on her own insistence.

The time has long expired for Casey to be given the benefit of a plea deal from the state. I'm talking in a practical, moral sense and not in the sense of a legal technicality (she could theoretically be offered a plea deal right up until the jury verdict comes in).

She refused to cooperate, refused to lift a finger to help find her daughter, lied and obfuscated at every turn. Had she at least assisted in finding Caylee's remains, she would have had a shot at a plea deal or lesser charges being brought in exchange for that information. She wasn't interested because she thinks there's a chance she can walk.

The only reason a prosecutor would offer a plea deal to someone like that would be a lack of solid evidence, and I believe the state has more than adequate evidence to convict CA. Even if there were incentive for her to take a plea deal (and there's definitely not since she doesn't want to serve any time), there is no longer any incentive for the state to offer or agree to that.

She missed out on an opportunity for a plea deal because of her own greedy, selfish desire to escape consequences for what she did to her own daughter. Neither side has any reason to seek a plea deal at this point. On to trial!

BBM... I would think this too except that she already has sat there and listened to endless piles of mean stuff about her, and yet the only reaction she got was to Ashton's description of those last seconds. Or okay, she also had a reaction when Lee said he loved her while he was on the stand, but other than that, no, she hasn't reacted to testimony from her parents or that creepy professor that Lyons put up there, or Cindy's boss, or all the attorneys combined. They were all speaking about her, whether directly or indirectly, and she sat there as though it were happening to some dime novel vixen and not really herself.

I don't know. I am torn between thinking she can't face Amy and Tony, et. al, and thinking she just doesn't really understand that she WILL be facing Amy and Tony, et. al. Even if they tell her so a day ahead of time, I just don't see how it's going to sink in there. And I'd have to cite the example of her sitting at Universal having been caught in OH so many lies, and yet STILL saying that she was a Valencia college student for the last year and a half. When she said that I thought how on EARTH can that be? How can she say that? After all the lies they caught her in? To say THAT? And I can only conclude that it's because she just doesn't understand.

I really think it'll go to trial, on her own insistence.

I believe the real issue here is you are looking at it from the perspective of your own feelings and what YOU OR I would feel like if we told a whopper like that and got caught at it. Shame, mortified - anything along those lines.

What I now believe it that ICA does not have the same feelings or reactions as we do. Maybe she feels nothing at all when she gets caught. Maybe she thinks nothing but I guess it's time to try something else. ICA doesn't have the depth or range of feelings the average person has. IMO

Casey will be found guilty of murdering Caylee and she will be sentenced to death or LWOP.

I do not believe that the State will offer her a plea... I also do not know if the State would even accept an offer for Casey to plead guilty in exchange for LWOP? She can take this to trial... or plead guilty at the last minute (that is her right)... either way, she will still face death or LWOP.

We have about 175 days until Casey's trial is set to start. In black and white, it looks like a lot, but once the New Year is here... this case is going to go into over drive.

I personally feel that we should expect to see A LOT of Cindy and George after the New Year has passed. I would hope that their lawyer has informed them that it would NOT be a good idea to go on an anniversary media blitz on Decemeber 11th now that they claim that Caylee is alive and the remains found on Suburban Drive are not Caylee's.

I think all the spin we have witnessed from the Anthony's is going to feel like a kiddie ride compared to what we will experience in the months leading up to Casey's trial. I don't think we have seen Cindy at her best -- the woman will be desperate.

Of course, I also expect to see more and more of Jose... Judge Perry has been keeping Jose pretty busy these past few months... you know, actually working on Casey's case.

Joy will be playing peek-a-boo... popping in and out just so we all know that she is still there... can't wait to see what new weave she'll pull out for the trial.

Things are going to get really interesting... these few months are going to fly by! We have the Holidays, the Super Bowl, Casey's favorite Holiday (St. Patricks Day), Easter, and Cinco De Mayo... then Casey's decision... go to trial or plead guilty.

I'm not drinking until May... I need to save my liver and kidneys just in case I need them for a trial.

I voted straight to trial. While I'm pretty sure that the defense attorneys will start thinking of a plea at some point (if not already), I think KC will walk all the way "down the hall" to trial.

I voted straight to trial. While I'm pretty sure that the defense attorneys will start thinking of a plea at some point (if not already), I think KC will walk all the way "down the hall" to trial.

I'm with ya on that ... she will NEVER accept any plea that doesn't get her out of prison at some point ... she's dreaming if she thinks the state will EVER offer her less than LWOP and the KC we know will never agree to that ... she would rather take her chances ... heck even if she gets DP, she gets an automatic appeal ... JMO

Thinking as the defense.......I'd have walked from this case and client long ago but for the purpose of responding to this excellent thread, I voted defense inspired plea deal. From following Haleigh's case though, I've learned the no contest option is very popular with defendants apparently so I'll be interested in all your thoughts. I just can't wrap my mind around pleading no contest to murdering a toddler, unless you're planning to introduce some mental defect explanation and would CA allow her daughter be labelled defective?

I guess if I was JB or MC though, I'd be pushing the option that required the least amount of work from me, whatever that is. MO

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "no contest" plea in a murder case. Wow, I can't get my head around that either. If guilty, seems like the defendant would plead not guilty unless they take a deal of some kind. No contest seems like a confession....what are the advantages again to pleading that? I need to re-read.
If the defendant is unsure what happened (i.e. was on drugs during the time frame or suffers from mental illness or a brain disorder or was drugged or other condition that caused confusion or memory problem, didn't know or can't remember what happened) of course plead not guilty, as she may not be the murderer.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a "no contest" plea in a murder case. Wow, I can't get my head around that either. If guilty, seems like the defendant would plead not guilty unless they take a deal of some kind. No contest seems like a confession....what are the advantages again to pleading that? I need to re-read.
If the defendant is unsure what happened (i.e. was on drugs during the time frame or suffers from mental illness or a brain disorder or was drugged or other condition that caused confusion or memory problem, didn't know or can't remember what happened) of course plead not guilty, as she may not be the murderer.

In direct contrast to what you have posted about Casey being drugged, there are videos which show the complete opposite; re: Casey shopping for her "boys" as she plays house for them, purchasing beer, push-up bras and other lingerie with stolen money.

Aside from those shopping sprees, bopping into Blockbuster to rent some "fun" (sick) videos with Tony, she was also partying like a mad woman at Fusian as well as other eateries in and around town throughout the month.

When she wasn't stealing money, shopping for lingerie and beer, renting movies and partying, she was also seen getting a tattoo, the infamous "Bella Vita".

She was also quite aware in her scheming to dodge Cindy's phone calls for that month, even playing a game of "catch me if you can" when she sent Cindy to Universal on a wild goose chase.

There are zero indications that she was ever drugged or confused in the least, other than maybe confused as to how she was going to explain murdering Caylee once she was caught.

In direct contrast to what you have posted about Casey being drugged, there are videos which show the complete opposite; re: Casey shopping for her "boys" as she plays house for them, purchasing beer, push-up bras and other lingerie with stolen money.

Aside from those shopping sprees, bopping into Blockbuster to rent some "fun" (sick) videos with Tony, she was also partying like a mad woman at Fusian as well as other eateries in and around town throughout the month.

When she wasn't stealing money, shopping for lingerie and beer, renting movies and partying, she was also seen getting a tattoo, the infamous "Bella Vita".

She was also quite aware in her scheming to dodge Cindy's phone calls for that month, even playing a game of "catch me if you can" when she sent Cindy to Universal on a wild goose chase.

There are zero indications that she was ever drugged or confused in the least, other than maybe confused as to how she was going to explain murdering Caylee once she was caught.

As my dad would say ,ICA looked "bright eyed and bushy tailed" in the videos and pics during the time Caylee was no longer with her .I started to say missing,but Caylee was never missing . Her mother always knew where she was. :furious:
All the stories and lies and made up people show conciousness of guilt. She's toast.
Her lawyers should convince her to plead guilty,but they won't,IMO.

As my dad would say ,ICA looked "bright eyed and bushy tailed" in the videos and pics during the time Caylee was no longer with her .I started to say missing,but Caylee was never missing . Her mother always knew where she was. :furious:
All the stories and lies and made up people show conciousness of guilt. She's toast.
Her lawyers should convince her to plead guilty,but they won't,IMO.

Too true and I'm glad you wrote the line that they should convince her to plead guilty but they won't. My feeling is with the right lawyers she may very well have pled some time ago.

The only one who may have given her the straight goods as she hightailed it back to her home base was Ms. Lyon(s). Her work, not what she voiced, always assumed ICA was guilty IMO. But the rest of them seem content to drag it out at least until they feel they have resurrected their reputations (which is never going to happen!).

Too true and I'm glad you wrote the line that they should convince her to plead guilty but they won't. My feeling is with the right lawyers she may very well have pled some time ago.

The only one who may have given her the straight goods as she hightailed it back to her home base was Ms. Lyon(s). Her work, not what she voiced, always assumed ICA was guilty IMO. But the rest of them seem content to drag it out at least until they feel they have resurrected their reputations (which is never going to happen!).

BBM

Very much like gamblers who keep losing more and more money while trying to win the jackpot. " Maybe THIS TIME we'll look brilliant and win a motion !" :loser:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare
Back