• Straight to Trial

Votes: 206 74.6%
  • Defense Inspired Plea Agreement

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Nolo Contendere (NO CONTEST)

Votes: 18 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm with ya on that ... she will NEVER accept any plea that doesn't get her out of prison at some point ... she's dreaming if she thinks the state will EVER offer her less than LWOP and the KC we know will never agree to that ... she would rather take her chances ... heck even if she gets DP, she gets an automatic appeal ... JMO

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't think Jose has been honest with Casey about her chances. He's led her to believe she's got a good chance of beating this rap, and will soon be basking on the beach in Miami. Unless AL or one of the others who've been on this case have had an honest talk with Casey, a plea or confession is the farthest thing from her mind.

In direct contrast to what you have posted about Casey being drugged, there are videos which show the complete opposite; re: Casey shopping for her "boys" as she plays house for them, purchasing beer, push-up bras and other lingerie with stolen money.

Aside from those shopping sprees, bopping into Blockbuster to rent some "fun" (sick) videos with Tony, she was also partying like a mad woman at Fusian as well as other eateries in and around town throughout the month.

When she wasn't stealing money, shopping for lingerie and beer, renting movies and partying, she was also seen getting a tattoo, the infamous "Bella Vita".

She was also quite aware in her scheming to dodge Cindy's phone calls for that month, even playing a game of "catch me if you can" when she sent Cindy to Universal on a wild goose chase.

There are zero indications that she was ever drugged or confused in the least, other than maybe confused as to how she was going to explain murdering Caylee once she was caught.

I agree! There's nothing to ever indicate that during June and July of 2008 that Casey was ever impaired in any way. The video at Blockbusters and the pictures at Fusion and other places show she was a young woman out to party hardy. The video at the Target store, and especially the things she bought - beer, push-up bra, snack foods, hoodie, etc. - show a young woman without a care in the world buying for her next party. Getting that tattoo shows how happy she was.

In addition, all of her friends who had contact with Casey - Annie, Amy, Tone, Ricardo, the roommates at Tone's apartment, JG, and other friends - have all been interviewed and not one of them has ever mentioned anything different in Casey during June/July 2008. No one who was with her during that time frame has indicated that Casey was on drugs, had memory problems, a mental problem, or anything else. They all stated that Casey was the same as usual.

If the defense were to try to portray Casey as somehow confused or having some sort of mental problem, they won't get very far with that. There's too much evidence to show that Casey was not impaired in any way. To the contrary, she was very calculating in the way in which she deceived her parents during those 31 days.

I just hope the jury for this trial DOES NOT give her life in prison, but instead they give her the death penalty.

Life in Prison (IMO) is NOT justice for Caylee.

Reasons Why Casey should not get Life in Prison:

1. Casey is not going to sit there thinking about what she did to Caylee, it's just not going to happen.

2. There is no 100% fact that Casey will even be in General Pop.
3. IMO, I feel that Casey will feel like she won her case because she's not on Death Row
4. Casey will continue to live in La La Land

I Think sending Casey to Death Row will give her a BIG reality check

AHA! So you don't think I'm logical at all? LOL - I didn't notice you messing up - but I do know British Columbia, Canada isn't Local to either Florida or Denver.

No worries - I have my rubber boots on - I'm tough!:crazy:

I think you're extremely logical and enjoy reading your posts. I just have a tendency to type faster than I can actually think.

Can I borrow your rubber boots? It snowed a mere inch last night and I'm being a big ole wuss about having to go outside today. And yes I've lived in CO my entire life, and no I will not stop complaining and whining about the snow and cold. :cold:

I voted for "straight to trial", but after today's hearing it appears that the defense has no real defense strategy. The defense expert witnesses will not submit any written reports, the list of defense mitigation witnesses for the penalty phase will be sealed, and there will be no expert witness refuting the death-band hair belonging to Caylee that was found in the trunk of Casey's car.

It would appear that the defense will not challenge the prosecution's witnesses and evidence other than to try to introduce reasonable doubt.

The state's case is a strong one, while the defense is very weak. It would be in the defense's best interests to pursue some sort of plea agreement, although I'm not sure the prosecution would accept a plea at this late date. I guess Casey could change her plea to guilty and proceed to the penalty phase and the defense could put all their efforts into mitigation.

At this point, I'm not sure how this case will end.

Wow - no question - she is so going down - it's already written on the faces of her defense attorneys.

ICA - there is no way out of this one - Guilty - and I think she will get LWOP.

I think she will be get the Death Penalty. Of course they will appeal it, but in the end, I think she will be put to death for what she did to this precious child.

I can't help but feeling that even if she is convicted, they are setting the stage for appeal, due to her defense being incompetent (IMO). I just worry that we will waiting a long time for justice to happen and the focus of this tragedy, little Caylee, will be forgotten. This just frustrates me watching JB and crew floundering around like they are in over their heads. Just sad and aggravating.

Ultimately, it's going to end with a needle. imo

I'm thinking her lawyers are begging her to plea out right now. I'm talking on hands and knees and maybe even some crying thrown in there. After yesterday's hearing, they would be FOOLS to not try to talk some sense in her and not let this go to trial since they have ZIPPO to go to trial with. HHJP effectively not only took the rug out from under them, he also beat them over the head with it too yesterday.

I'm thinking they are now strongly going to want to end this with a plea. I don't know if the state is willing at this point, though.

I just hope the jury for this trial DOES NOT give her life in prison, but instead they give her the death penalty.

Life in Prison (IMO) is NOT justice for Caylee.

Reasons Why Casey should not get Life in Prison:

1. Casey is not going to sit there thinking about what she did to Caylee, it's just not going to happen.

2. There is no 100% fact that Casey will even be in General Pop.
3. IMO, I feel that Casey will feel like she won her case because she's not on Death Row
4. Casey will continue to live in La La Land

I Think sending Casey to Death Row will give her a BIG reality check

I couldn't agree with you more! I saw a person say on some other site (can't remember where) that Casey has created some huge fantasy world around herself and she's enjoying every minute of it. There's no doubt in my mind that would continue if she gets LWOP. Even if she does get placed in gen pop, I'd be willing to bet that with her seductive and manipulative ways, she'd quickly acquire a "protector" of sorts.... I mean we all know what goes on in female prisons, KWIM? Casey needs to get the Death Penalty. Funny thing is, I was pretty much against or on the fence about DP, until this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back