NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 pack of burlap bags 24" x 40", online for 19.99, ususally used for sack races.

Local News12 states two bodies found are female and that the other 2 bodies could have been there for almost two years.

Where the bodies have been found, in the area of Tobay Beach, Fire Island is approximtely one hour away and that you have to take a ferry over. Its very isolated. Its 2 miles east of Jones Beach State Park.

I'm wondering if she had a cell phone and that is why they were searching in that area to begin with. Maybe she called someone? Seems strange, why that area?

Oh god this just turned my stomach and I spent so much time here this summer in June and July. We always got o the very end near the ferry.

So this killer has been dumping here for 2 years - who knows if there are only 4 bodies there may be more.

MO - scary

Michael Taus who is went missing in June from LI. Left his house to meet a girl for a blind date - he met this girl online. But his car was then found 40 minutes away from his home with the engine still running. His dog is also missing.

I wonder if they ever searched his computer to find this "girl". Could it have been someone posing as a woman who met him and then took him?

I hope there are no more bodies but something tells me I might be wrong.

This sounds so much like New Mexico, where the remains of 13 women were found in one area a few years ago. All of them (except possibly one) had prostitution arrests and no one has been charged with the murders. Part of the problem in trying to figure out who could be the killer is that some of the women were not reported missing by families until they had been gone for months and some not at all.

NY/NJ should contact NM...maybe the killer out here went east...

Couldn't they know by their clothing if they were male or female right away? There shoes, jewelry etc? I guess we just have to wait to find out.

I also think by them saying they were meeting at Fire Island I think they mean Robert Moses State Park, which is a beautiful beach on the ocean. Construction is being done there for over a year (could be 2 years now) on the bridge leading to Robert Moses State Park. Hmmmmmm

Couldn't they know by their clothing if they were male or female right away? There shoes, jewelry etc? I guess we just have to wait to find out.

I also think by them saying they were meeting at Fire Island I think they mean Robert Moses State Park, which is a beautiful beach on the ocean. Construction is being done there for over a year (could be 2 years now) on the bridge leading to Robert Moses State Park. Hmmmmmm

I would be suspicious of someone in construction, too - especially if the time frame fits.

I say this because where I used to live in Travis county, there was a serial rapist & the rapes started when construction began on a new commercial complex, and the rapes ended when the construction ended... so yeah - hmmmm.

With the bodies dumped just off the road, it seems like the killer(s) didn't have a lot of time - like someone on his way to work?

I hope you & the others who live in this area stay on high alert, trigger...be safe!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/14/2010-12-14_gilgo_and_cedar_beach_bodies_could_mean_that_a_serial_killer_is_on_the_loose_suf.html

This article has a picture of Shannon Gilbert, the missing person they were searching for. I don't know how to bring it into my post so I just linked to it.

The article also says the bodies were found in heavy brush...so maybe not buried? Although I saw another article say something about LE digging in a 'sandy graveyard'.

Maybe someone else could answer this...in all the reports I've read it said one of the remains was skeletonized while the other 3 were badly decomposing. LE said these bodies appear to have been dumped over an 18 month period. If that's true is it just that they believe the skeletonized remains were dumped a year or so ago and the other 3 are more recent? There wouldn't be tissue left after a year exposed to elements...would there?

I would be suspicious of someone in construction, too - especially if the time frame fits.

I say this because where I used to live in Travis county, there was a serial rapist & the rapes started when construction began on a new commercial complex, and the rapes ended when the construction ended... so yeah - hmmmm.

With the bodies dumped just off the road, it seems like the killer(s) didn't have a lot of time - like someone on his way to work?

I hope you & the others who live in this area stay on high alert, trigger...be safe!

ITA. Seems they didn't have time to bury the victims. Seems like they just pulled over and dumped the bodies into the brush. He/she dumped the bodies along the Ocean Parkway. There are restaurants and 2 communities along this parkway. Very busy in the summer, especially with the surfers. There is an under ground overpass so you do not have to cross this wide parkway. One side is the bay and the other side is the ocean. The cops hide their cruiser along the parkway because everyone speeds especially during fall and winter months. You can easily see a car coming because it really is a flat straight road.

According to this link, 2 of the bodies are female. No word yet on the rest.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/top-cop-we-could-have-a-serial-killer-1.2540757

Just read this article thank you Kaylynn...it now says that one body has been 'definitively identified as female' and two others are 'preliminarily identified as female'.

There's also a rough map showing where the bodies were found at the bottom left of the page. Here's the link: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/location-of-four-bodies-found-1.2541830

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/14/2010-12-14_gilgo_and_cedar_beach_bodies_could_mean_that_a_serial_killer_is_on_the_loose_suf.html

This article has a picture of Shonnan Gilbert, the missing person they were searching for. I don't know how to bring it into my post so I just linked to it.

The article also says the bodies were found in heavy brush...so maybe not buried? Although I saw another article say something about LE digging in a 'sandy graveyard'.

Maybe someone else could answer this...in all the reports I've read it said one of the remains was skeletonized while the other 3 were badly decomposing. LE said these bodies appear to have been dumped over an 18 month period. If that's true is it just that they believe the skeletonized remains were dumped a year or so ago and the other 3 are more recent? There wouldn't be tissue left after a year exposed to elements...would there?

I notice this picture has her name as Shannon Maria Gilbert in the file name & the article says Shannon...so maybe someone has her name correct now?

picture.php

As far as tissue left after a year or so, I wouldn't think so in that damp humid climate so close to a beach...not to mention animal life...so sounds like there's a body (or bodies) that have been there a while & some left there fairly recently.

This article has a picture of Shonnan Gilbert, the missing person they were searching for. I don't know how to bring it into my post so I just linked to it.

I'm thinking maybe one or more were buried in the sand and the others were just thrown. But I really know.

I also think one was killed one or 2 years ago and the others more recent. But thats JMO.

I called LE and asked them to please look for a dogs remains because of Michael Taus and his dog are missing. They said they would pass the information on to the detectives.

I notice this picture has her name as Shannon Maria Gilbert in the file name & the article says Shannon...so maybe someone has her name correct now?

picture.php

As far as tissue left after a year or so, I wouldn't think so in that damp humid climate so close to a beach...not to mention animal life...so sounds like there's a body (or bodies) that have been there a while & some left there fairly recently.

Thanks I actually didn't notice that they changed the spelling of her name to Shannon.

If that's the case and the other 3 are more recent...and this is the work of one person...sounds like he/she is escalating maybe??

The first body, discovered Saturday, was found a few feet into the brush off the parkway, police said. One body was found 500 feet west of the first body and another was 500 feet east of the first body. A fourth body was found about 1,000 feet from the first body.

Making a positive identification is likely to be a lengthy process, Pelkofsky said. A forensic expert will have to try to gather mitochondrial DNA from the skeletal remains, which can then be compared to a DNA swab taken from a family member, he said. A DNA swab is already in place for Gilbert, and one has been gathered in Maine for Waterman, he said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/top-cop-we-could-have-a-serial-killer-1.2540757

Prayers for the families :praying:

Authorities are considering the possibility a serial killer may have dumped four bodies alongside a deserted parkway at a beach on New York's Long Island.

"We're looking at that -- that we could have a serial killer," Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer told reporters Monday.

Investigators are currently working on identifying the bodies and authorities returned to the site for more evidence on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/police-work-identify-bodies-near-new-york-beach/#ixzz1884z2KQE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde